CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Legit assuming hes the fourth hasn't done well at all not saying that he isn't good cause I love bryan but I PLACED 6th for Str8 twice and played in all the HCS cups for them and SOMEONE LIKE LEGIT GETS to go to finals and make free money (Assuming its legit) while I get to stay home and play with my dick like honestly I'm so angry about this whole thing, if that ends up being the team as much as I love my little brother cory (str8 sick) i don't see them doing well this next g4g tournament and coming in 8th place at the finals. Call me sour but I know for a fact Cory will play good regardless, Brett is a hit or miss, if a hit he'll dominate, Tom is kinda just there being decent then there's brian who I know nothing about in this game. SO YES ITS BULLSHIT AND I GOT SCREWED, but regardless this SHOULD not of happened 

:salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:

It's absolutely not fair, but honestly the best thing you can take from it is that you still have time to control your own destiny as far as points is concerned. There's still one LAN event and 4 (?) Online cups to play in. You've assembled a really quality team from the sounds of it, and you seem to have the fire to cause some serious upsets. Make it happen, prove Str8 wrong for dropping you. I hate to say that's the best that anyone is going to offer, but truth be told that's really all there is. Might as well make the most of it.

@@Str8 Kong ^ No one's arguing that str8 and optic shouldn't be in the finals. They're saying it's bull that esl basically catered to them and allowed them to break the rules when this would never happen for any other teams outside of the pros. Like you said it should have been done a long time ago- or at the end of season 1. The professional thing to do. 

It absolutely should have been done a long time ago. I think "better late than never" still holds true in this situation because less teams getting screwed overall is better than nothing, but its far from ideal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Legit assuming hes the fourth hasn't done well at all not saying that he isn't good cause I love bryan but I PLACED 6th for Str8 twice and played in all the HCS cups for them and SOMEONE LIKE LEGIT GETS to go to finals and make free money (Assuming its legit) while I get to stay home and play with my dick like honestly I'm so angry about this whole thing, if that ends up being the team as much as I love my little brother cory (str8 sick) i don't see them doing well this next g4g tournament and coming in 8th place at the finals. Call me sour but I know for a fact Cory will play good regardless, Brett is a hit or miss, if a hit he'll dominate, Tom is kinda just there being decent then there's brian who I know nothing about in this game. SO YES ITS BULLSHIT AND I GOT SCREWED, but regardless this SHOULD not of happened 

sucks man, but like @@Str8 Kong said, it is what it is. Everyone is playing hypotheticals though, bubble teams would have made it!, pros would have gotten to finals anyway! and what you are saying they wont do well next tourney. Nobody will ever know. All that is left is to try your best and make the best with the situation you have. 

sucks man, but like @@Str8 Kong said, it is what it is. Everyone is playing hypotheticals though, bubble teams would have made it!, pros would have gotten to finals anyway! and what you are saying they wont do well next tourney. Nobody will ever know. All that is left is to try your best and make the best with the situation you have. 

What do you mean you no one will ever knwo??? are they not going to play at g4g??? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's absolutely not fair, but honestly the best thing you can take from it is that you still have time to control your own destiny as far as points is concerned. There's still one LAN event and 4 (?) Online cups to play in. You've assembled a really quality team from the sounds of it, and you seem to have the fire to cause some serious upsets. Make it happen, prove Str8 wrong for dropping you. I hate to say that's the best that anyone is going to offer, but truth be told that's really all there is. Might as well make the most of it.

It absolutely should have been done a long time ago. I think "better late than never" still holds true in this situation because less teams getting screwed overall is better than nothing, but its far from ideal.

it wasnt less teams getting screwed. there were a lot of situations where pro teams got screwed and the rules werent changed and were told thet they couldnt be changed so no matter how u put it the changes have to be rolled back or postponed till end of the season. otherwise ur going to have the pro teams and am teams that were screwed in some situations start raising questions as to why these rules got special treatment and not the others

This happened to my team, we would've be sitting in that 10th seed right now with the current rules, finding a fourth, and going to G4G to try and fight for that 8th seed but instead we split up. ESL is extremely inconsistent(website,staff,etc) and is not a very we'll run tournament company. I've said it since ESL was first chosen for the HCS series.

• Upvote (+1) 9

What do you mean you no one will ever knwo??? are they not going to play at g4g??? 

well im saying hypothetically if legit even joins the team. But yes, if he does then that prediction could come true.

it wasnt less teams getting screwed. there were a lot of situations where pro teams got screwed and the rules werent changed and were told thet they couldnt be changed so no matter how u put it the changes have to be rolled back or postponed till end of the season. otherwise ur going to have the pro teams and am teams that were screwed in some situations start raising questions as to why these rules got special treatment and not the others

I understand that way of looking at it. I guess for me, if 50 teams get screwed over or just 48 do, I'd rather mitigate it and have just the 48 get shafted, even if it's not fair. That might just be the practical thinker in me that ignores political correctness, fairness etc though.

Also, totally random, here's my 4th episode of HaloCenter dealing with Tsquared drama, HCS Rule Change and Prize money discussion:

Rule change is the right move. Should have been made at the end of Season 1.

Completely agree with you. Its sad to be honest, if the rules had been changed then this decision would surely be applauded by the majority of the community. Instead its raised more controversy and fighting in a community that is just a fraction of what it used to be and trying to grow. That whole "timing is everything" saying applies here quite aptly. 

It's not like the bubble teams were relying on these pro-team blunders though right? You can't just leave your seeding up to chance, they have to reap what they sow. Up till 2 weeks ago, no one would have really argued that both Optic and Str8 Rippin deserved their seed and had earned it through both competing at a consistently high level and performing under pressure situations when other amateur teams did not. Keep in mind that at the start of this season, NO ONE had a seed from a previous tournament, everyone started on a level playing field and the best rose to the top. Would this have been a great boon for those bubble teams had it happened? Certainly, but I wouldn't honestly be too upset if I was them, they still have enough time to control their own destiny so to speak.

I would be extremely upset if I was one of the teams that got screwed over by the LACK of this rule though. There should be no reason that one particular team should have so much more pull than another. This rule should have been in a loooooooong time ago.

No, they shouldn't leave their fate up to teams disbanding. However, some bubble teams ended up losing points/disbanding due to a rule that was not changed for them. So a team that may have been holding a top 12 seed potentially now has zero points or less than points than they should. Pull off one or two upsets to break into the top 8 is one thing, but to make it virtually impossible for these teams by making their required placings unrealistic is unacceptable. The events don't always come down to just talent. A lower seeded team plays more games and fatigue sets in. Not to mention the players who got dropped have been screwed over even more. Someone whose average placing is 3.5 (Aries) should not be in serious danger of not making into the top 8 because he got dropped and ESL took the side of his former team and Str8 Rippin. Points should be linked to individual players. I don't like the original rules and I don't particularly care for these rules either. Let organizations worry about restricting/allowing team changes. 

I thought the whole point of roster locks (and transfer windows) were so players like Prototype and Aries *wouldn't* get screwed, since the teams would face a severe penalty (like losing their seed!). The rule getting changed mid-season is a joke, since it only benefits the teams and screws the players who played a part in getting them the seed in the first place. It's a sack of shit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Finding a decent team in this game is so unbelievably hard I'm about to give up. Good luck to all the teams competing today.

If teams have to reap what they sow, doesn't that mean Str8 and Optic have to as well? They knew the rules and made a change anyways. End of story.

What a joke they changed rules during a season. So rediculous they didn't wait til after s1 to do this. That's all I'm mad about.

WTF?  Take 2 weeks off from following the scene and all sorts of fun stuff happens, I guess.

And only 77 teams for this ESL cup?  Seeing a lot of first round BYEs.  Pretty disappointing, given the turnouts for the first couple online cups.

The HCS has started and not a single fuck was given from the official Halo twitter. Not even a retweet from the ESL twitter.

• Upvote (+1) 6

WTF?  Take 2 weeks off from following the scene and all sorts of fun stuff happens, I guess.

And only 77 teams for this ESL cup?  Seeing a lot of first round BYEs.  Pretty disappointing, given the turnouts for the first couple online cups.

I would say there are probably over 100 free agents between the PGL, ESL and these forums. They just don't know how to form teams or something I guess idk. Hard to get good games going in this game too.

Pretty disappointed that Noble Black isn't playing... every point matters now. 

Huh? They are playing RC round 2

• Upvote (+1) 1

Huh? They are playing RC round 2

whoops, missed it on draw. Thanks!

Edit: Does Prototype have a team I don't know about?

Prototype is stuck on Str8's roster right now and will be until they put a new player on the team or a transfer period opens up I believe. 

Prototype is stuck on Str8's roster right now and will be until they put a new player on the team or a transfer period opens up I believe. 

Isn't there an option to leave the team on ESL website?