CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I remember ESL completely fucking up the first Starcraft WCS season qualifiers so I'm not that surprised. Ultimately though this is the fault of ESL. Regardless of what Str8 or Optic did it's up to ESL to enforce their rules and if they are willing to bend them like this than I can't blame the teams.

Agreed with previous points. I dont mind the rule but the timing is the worst! I cant believe it, because so many AM teams have been screwed by this. iSo Essence is a great example, felt really bad for them. I don't know whats the purpose of this.

What ESL did is complete and utter bullshit. The rules were fucked up from the beginning and this is not only unfair, but doesn't even truly fix the rules. Points should be linked to players, not teams. Aries and Prototype should not consistently place well and be able to get fucked over. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What ESL did is complete and utter bullshit. The rules were fucked up from the beginning and this is not only unfair, but doesn't even truly fix the rules. Points should be linked to players, not teams. Aries and Prototype should not consistently place well and be able to get fucked over.

No player or team should. I get that they want the top players competing in the finals. But to possibly,if not for sure, deny a team a chance to make a name for themselves or for players who have consistently placed well to get screwed like this, is just ridiculous. You make a set of rules and stick to it until an appropriate time comes to change said rules.

Exactly, dude. A lot really talented players are going to get screwed over by this. Guys who placed well consistently all season, bubble teams and so on. It's bullshit.

Sorry I missed your call for the invite, was mad deep in a meditation sesh.

I would slap you if you said that to my face.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Agreed with previous points. I dont mind the rule but the timing is the worst! I cant believe it, because so many AM teams have been screwed by this. iSo Essence is a great example, felt really bad for them. I don't know whats the purpose of this.

i agree with you. rule was dumb, but came at bad time. Someone mentioned it before but if team names like "Str8 Rippin" and "Optic" are not in the finals thats a hugeeeee blow in numbers. Contrary to what @@Cursed Lemon thinks, the Str8 Rippin name alone brings in viewers. 

Swear "competitive halo players" on this forum get more enjoyment out of pro player bitch fights/team drop, pick up drama than actually playing the game and actively trying to get better. Is this why there is no competition?

Well maybe if the games didn't suck ass and/or worked things would be different.

fave*

Where missing the important word "try". He said he would try to slap him. Lol. Couldn't even give a definitive on the slap. Only that an attempt would be made.

P.s. only girls slap.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Knew they'd do this. Competitive Halo does not exist, it's pretty much been paying the same teams for exhibition matches for years.

The same players, you mean.

If it was the same teams, we wouldn't be having this discussion about team changing rules right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Exactly, dude. A lot really talented players are going to get screwed over by this. Guys who placed well consistently all season, bubble teams and so on. It's bullshit.

It's not like the bubble teams were relying on these pro-team blunders though right? You can't just leave your seeding up to chance, they have to reap what they sow. Up till 2 weeks ago, no one would have really argued that both Optic and Str8 Rippin deserved their seed and had earned it through both competing at a consistently high level and performing under pressure situations when other amateur teams did not. Keep in mind that at the start of this season, NO ONE had a seed from a previous tournament, everyone started on a level playing field and the best rose to the top. Would this have been a great boon for those bubble teams had it happened? Certainly, but I wouldn't honestly be too upset if I was them, they still have enough time to control their own destiny so to speak.

I would be extremely upset if I was one of the teams that got screwed over by the LACK of this rule though. There should be no reason that one particular team should have so much more pull than another. This rule should have been in a loooooooong time ago.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's not like the bubble teams were relying on these pro-team blunders though right? You can't just leave your seeding up to chance, they have to reap what they sow. Up till 2 weeks ago, no one would have really argued that both Optic and Str8 Rippin deserved their seed and had earned it through both competing at a consistently high level and performing under pressure situations when other amateur teams did not. Keep in mind that at the start of this season, NO ONE had a seed from a previous tournament, everyone started on a level playing field and the best rose to the top. Would this have been a great boon for those bubble teams had it happened? Certainly, but I wouldn't honestly be too upset if I was them, they still have enough time to control their own destiny so to speak.

I would be extremely upset if I was one of the teams that got screwed over by the LACK of this rule though. There should be no reason that one particular team should have so much more pull than another. This rule should have been in a loooooooong time ago.

What about the players that helped them get to season finals who are basically fucked?

• Upvote (+1) 3

bubble team reactions: High-Quality-Toy-Story-3-Gif-Of-Ken-Doll

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol duuude you are letting your love of str8 rippin cloud your judgement big time.

• Downvote (-1) 3

What about the players that helped them get to season finals who are basically fucked?

You got screwed because the rules suck. Holding points to teams makes no tangible sense, but there's nothing you can do about that for season 1. Not saying that's right or fair, it's just the way it is.

Lol duuude you are letting your love of str8 rippin cloud your judgement big time.

So would you argue against the better team having the better seed? That's all I'm really trying to say. Honestly, even if Optic and Str8 both lost their seeds, they'd still more than likely end up regaining a Top 8 seed because they are deserving of that seed to begin with, the only way they wouldn't is if they got bracket-fucked and had to play CLG 1st round because they don't hold a seed indicative of their skill. And not deserving as in they should be handed it, deserving of the seed because they earned it after consistently playing well throughout the season. I'm not letting my fandom of Str8 cloud my judgement at all here: they haven't been able to beat one team higher than them on the seeding list when it's mattered, but they've beaten every team seeding-wise underneath them when it's mattered. The seeds, whether you like them or not, do speak volumes to the quality of your team this season. Optic hasn't really been able to beat the Top 3 teams this year either, and it shows with their 4th seed. I would have a problem if the seeds had just been handed to pro teams like they used to be for some MLG events, but the Top 8 have earned their place up to this point in the finals. They all belong where they are.

Either of those two teams (Optic or Str8) losing their seed wouldn't magically change the fact that they've been a better team than the teams below them. And I don't think ANYONE reasonably thinks that ANY team should lose their seed because of one team change. That's downright ridiculous.

TLDR: The current seeding model sucks. Str8 and Optic based on performance both deserve their seed because they've earned it, and no one should EVER lose their seed because of a one player team change. The situation is twisted and messed up, but I think the outcome for current teams is fair. The outcome for the teams that got screwed over prior to this rule change existing should be absolutely outraged, it should have been in for months.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You got screwed because the rules suck. Holding points to teams makes no tangible sense, but there's nothing you can do about that for season 1. Not saying that's right or fair, it's just the way it is.

So would you argue against the better team having the better seed? That's all I'm really trying to say. Honestly, even if Optic and Str8 both lost their seeds, they'd still more than likely end up regaining a Top 8 seed because they are deserving of that seed to begin with, the only way they wouldn't is if they got bracket-fucked and had to play CLG 1st round because they don't hold a seed indicative of their skill. And not deserving as in they should be handed it, deserving of the seed because they earned it after consistently playing well throughout the season. I'm not letting my fandom of Str8 cloud my judgement at all here: they haven't been able to beat one team higher than them on the seeding list when it's mattered, but they've beaten every team seeding-wise underneath them when it's mattered. The seeds, whether you like them or not, do speak volumes to the quality of your team this season. Optic hasn't really been able to beat the Top 3 teams this year either, and it shows with their 4th seed. I would have a problem if the seeds had just been handed to pro teams like they used to be for some MLG events, but the Top 8 have earned their place up to this point in the finals. They all belong where they are.

Either of those two teams (Optic or Str8) losing their seed wouldn't magically change the fact that they've been a better team than the teams below them. And I don't think ANYONE reasonably thinks that ANY team should lose their seed because of one team change. That's downright ridiculous.

TLDR: The current seeding model sucks. Str8 and Optic based on performance both deserve their seed because they've earned it, and no one should EVER lose their seed because of a one player team change. The situation is twisted and messed up, but I think the outcome for current teams is fair. The outcome for the teams that got screwed over prior to this rule change existing should be absolutely outraged, it should have been in for months.

Legit assuming hes the fourth hasn't done well at all not saying that he isn't good cause I love bryan but I PLACED 6th for Str8 twice and played in all the HCS cups for them and SOMEONE LIKE LEGIT GETS to go to finals and make free money (Assuming its legit) while I get to stay home and play with my dick like honestly I'm so angry about this whole thing, if that ends up being the team as much as I love my little brother cory (str8 sick) i don't see them doing well this next g4g tournament and coming in 8th place at the finals. Call me sour but I know for a fact Cory will play good regardless, Brett is a hit or miss, if a hit he'll dominate, Tom is kinda just there being decent then there's brian who I know nothing about in this game. SO YES ITS BULLSHIT AND I GOT SCREWED, but regardless this SHOULD not of happened 

:salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i think the bottom line thing we can all agree on is that the rules should not have been changed until the end of season one as so many people were told that the rules cant be changed whether it was for pros or am teams. the fact is they messed up and after all the backlash im sure they know they messed up and will probably have to roll back this change in order for this league to not die. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

i think the bottom line thing we can all agree on is that the rules should not have been changed until the end of season one as so many people were told that the rules cant be changed whether it was for pros or am teams. the fact is they messed up and after all the backlash im sure they know they messed up and will probably have to roll back this change in order for this league to not die. 

@@Str8 Kong ^ No one's arguing that str8 and optic *wouldn't be deserving to be in the finals. They're saying it's bull that esl basically catered to them and allowed them to break the rules when this would never happen for any other teams outside of the pros. Like you said it should have been done a long time ago- or at the end of season 1. The professional thing to do.