CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I hear the NFL is announcing a rule that, as long as you've been to the playoffs once in the last 5 years, you can inflate the balls however you want.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who would you rather have at the finals.. T2 or the Suddoths. That's a HARD one.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's a shame because up and coming teams like VwS, Elevate, and Velocity all had shots at the Top 8 due to Str8 and OpTic's incompetence. Teams who are working hard and sticking together get punished to allow others more flexibility.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's a shame because up and coming teams like VwS, Elevate, and Velocity all had shots at the Top 8 due to Str8 and OpTic's incompetence. Teams who are working hard and sticking together get punished to allow others more flexibility.

eLevate won't be leaving the top 8. But having that 5 seed would've been nice.

How are people pissed at Optic and Str8? Ya, it's bull shit, but guess what it's ESL that made the change and they deserve the hate. And I'm not defending the rule change because I also think it's bull shit to screw over the bubble teams, but it's ESL thats to blame.

• Upvote (+1) 3

holy shit if i didn't have to watch what i say i'd be popping off right

now. i hope i play that idiot tsquared at g4g.

So in other words, we're lucky you're under contract. Kappa
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

How are people pissed at Optic and Str8? Ya, it's bull shit, but guess what it's ESL that made the change and they deserve the hate. And I'm not defending the rule change because I also think it's bull shit to screw over the bubble teams, but it's ESL thats to blame.

Well T2 probably told ESL he would slap them if they disrespected him in person.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Teams still can't "pick up" players until the transfer window opens. Therefore, Str8 can't play in the next two online cups because they don't have a sub on their roster. Optic can play, but only with Enable. Players can LEAVE at any time, but players can only join a team with points during a transfer window. Reading is cool. 

i know, but any team now is going to have a random player on the roster that wont leave or doesnt play just to hold seed To2

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We know that Str8 is not a brand with any appreciable sort of marketability.

Elaborate? I just don't understand the logic in saying the name "Str8 Rippin" has no noticeable value.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Rosters & Standings

1st) Counter Logic Gaming - Heinz, OGRE2, Royal 2, Snakebite = 6,130
2nd) Denial - Chig, Cloud, Mikwen, RyaNoob = 4,695
3rd) Evil Geniuses - Roy, Lunchbox, Snipedown, Lxthul = 4,640
4th) OpTic Halo - Flamesword, Ace, Assault, aPG = 2,750
5th) Cloud9 - FearItSelf, Hysteria, Ninja, Victory X = 2,125
6th) Str8 Rippin - Tsquared, Naded, Str8 Sick, Prototype = 1,710
7th) eLevate - SpartanTheDogg, Gabriel, MuNoZ, Shaffer = 610
8th) VwS Halo - Suspector, Winntur, Tragic, Nemassist = 580

Even if Str8 cant play the next 2 online cups they are well placed to remain top 8. Even if optic place poorly with enable they might lose 1 seed at most. I dont think its a big enough punishment for the idiotic decisions they made. Should of lost their seeds.

Considering Protoype and Aires were fucked over it would have given them the chance to still make Top8 with their new teams. ESL are to blame, you can fold and mend rules to suit certain teams.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still don't get why they don't just do points by player and not by team. Let the fucking organizations that actually have the teams deal with team changes.

Why was this changed? I remember reading the MLG forums pro teams threat and it would be "player 1 - 6000 points, player 2 - 4800 points" etc, seemed like a better system.

I have Placed 7th and 8th the Last to Lan events and because the way the rules were I am in 10th in the standings instead of 7th. If you are going to make a change to keep points, make it after Season 1. If I was  Str8 Rippin or Optic, They wouldnt have changed the rules.

The better team is going to place well at G4G and make season 1 finals, just give the other teams an opportunity and make it fair for the rules to not go into effect and ensure equality. 

iSo Essence lost their points because the rule and so many other teams did and why should str8 and optic not. If they go into the Lan event, they could upset a good team and take their bracket like the other teams had to do with no points.

This is true. Look what eLevate did at UGC. 

The situation with Essence effected my team. Russo was a sub for Essence. He left their team a few days before UGC to play for my team. When we arrived at the event we were told that Russo could either stay on Essence as a sub and not play for my team, or play for my team effectively stripping Essence of all of their points and their top 14 seed. Russo did not want to screw over his GF's team and decided at first to not play which left my team without a fourth. After awhile of thinking it over, the ladies decided it would be unfair to leave our team without a fourth at the door and told Russo to just play. I felt terrible and a totally unfair and unnecessary rule stripped a very talented female team of their hard earned points.

I have been 100% behind all decisions made by 343, and ESL thus far and plan to continue to support them through everything, but this is a serious deal breaker for me. This is simply unfair to players this rule has already affected. I have close friendships with players on Str8 and OpTic and I want nothing but the best for all of them but I simply cannot support the decision that was set in place today.  

I sincerely hope that 343 and ESL take a second look at the decision they made today and reconsider. I am 100% for the rule change, but at the appropriate time, ie after the season. Just as Str8, OpTic, VwS, and other teams have worked hard to earn their top spot, other teams on the "bubble" have worked hard to earn the chance to take that spot. Its a huge slap in the face to those the rule has affected negatively in the past like my team and iSo Essence. Its like the NFL changing the over time rule after the first round of the play offs.   

• Upvote (+1) 7

tumblr_mdyxyrLvDr1rl6r13o1_500.gif

you get +1 cuz this made me lose my shit. idk why either. It's not that funny but it was. :lol: