CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

and halo falls under the E-Sports umbrella. Popular halo team names don't hold a candle to these more established brands. It would be beneficial to everyone to not turn down sponsors to hold on to names that don't mean anything outside of a small community.

Him playing as FB or StK does not make room to grow, but playing for an org makes the organization's hardcore fans want to watch him over other players.

and in T2 TSM over str8

Wasn't sure if I had to preface in my post or not that I'm fully in support of teams adopting their orgs name. It makes zero sense to do otherwise and theres no good argument against using an orgs name. I'm just saying, CLG is not as well recognized as FB in the halo sphere. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Legit was a top 5 player throughout Halo 4, but he hasn't come close to continuing that in H2A. I'm sure he is capable of elevating his play once again if he is on a team with a good shot at winning.

Didn't he team with 3 of the 4 players that won the Launch invitational? Sounds like a team with a good shot at winning to me.

Didn't he team with 3 of the 4 players that won the Launch invitational? Sounds like a team with a good shot at winning to me.

That team hardly practiced, and he was to blame for that as well.

Legit has ALWAYS practiced harder with Str8 Rippin. Especially the first event on the team. The combo of Tsquared, Naded, Legit has always brought the right ingredients for success.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can you tell us what org bth had lined up? And did they already pay for your flights?

I asked one of the BTH players this after the team disbanded and was told that GoodGame was going to try and make BTH a brand like EG or CLG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is the guy who stuck it out with Boss Nasti. 

I really like Naded but the people he seems to align himself with is quite weird at times. Boss Nasti, T2, PJ...

• Upvote (+1) 1

We didn't ask him again after ola broke his hand, just to clear this up. Hope you land on a good squad

YA that's what I figured.

Ogre 2 had nothing to lose by taking the CLG name? Because Final Boss has no history/brand power in competitive Halo right? :lol:

They weren't playing as Final Boss, they were playing ast STK. Also MLG owns Finals Boss not 2gre.

At the same time I think people are being a little hypocritical for calling T2 an "idot", "delusional"ect.. for wanting to hold onto the team brand he created(2nd most successful in comp Halo history IMO) while hypothetically if Ogre 2 did the same with Final Boss I know all FB fans and the majority of the community would be much more understanding. If you look at the CS scene, I dont doubt NiP(Ninjas in Pajamas) could be apart of a bigger multi-game e-sports org if they wanted to sell their name/history, but they probably choose not to because its more meaningful to the players and the history of the CS scene not to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

remember asking in T2's stream who he was playing with for this one tournament, because the night before I saw his squad on stream not doing too hot. I know it wasn't his team, but he was still playing 4's. He was with Towey and maybe Queen? Hasn't answered anyone but must have seen my post and goes off about how ones a coach, ones a girl, and he'd wreck me. The funny part about it is when I was watching his squad of a "coach" and "girl" were both doing waaaaaaaaaaaay better than he was. I don't think I could put enough a's to get the point across.

Was this in halo 3 just before mcc was released? I remember him going off on someone in his chat while he was playing with towey telling them they haven't done anything in life, that they've been playing halo 3 for 7 years with nothing to show for.

Was this in halo 3 just before mcc was released? I remember him going off on someone in his chat while he was playing with towey telling them they haven't done anything in life, that they've been playing halo 3 for 7 years with nothing to show for.

Nah this was maybe a month ago. Defensive T2 is the best T2. Does anyone remember how Towey got into the spot light?

At the same time I think people are being a little hypocritical for calling T2 an "idot", "delusional"ect.. for wanting to hold onto the team brand he created(2nd most successful in comp Halo history IMO) while hypothetically if Ogre 2 did the same with Final Boss I know all FB fans and the majority of the community would be much more understanding.

No, if Ghost came back and wanted to do Carbon but had a chance of Team Doritios and turned it down I would call him an idiot. Unless the deal was complete and utter shit (which I'm going to guess as no, since they got multiple offers from brands). It looks like a really really bad move.

Not only did it hurt them personally, it caused the team (Str8 Rippin) to have tension over money (trying to get to events), but it also hurt the whole scene from getting even more brands in. Overall nothing of value came out of the ordeal unless you want to own a Str8 Rippin shirt.

• Upvote (+1) 9

No, if Ghost came back and wanted to do Carbon but had a chance of Team Doritios and turned it down I would call him an idiot. Unless the deal was complete and utter shit (which I'm going to guess as no, since they got multiple offers from brands). It looks like a really really bad move.

Not only did it hurt them personally, it caused the team (Str8 Rippin) to have tension over money (trying to get to events), but it also hurt the whole scene from getting even more brands in. Overall nothing of value came out of the ordeal unless you want to own a Str8 Rippin shirt.

In the situation of the Str8 team(struggling to afford going to events) it does make it look worse. However, I am saying its not the first time a storied name/brand in a comp gaming community has turned down larger orgs for personal reasons. 

We dont really know all the details of the deal or T2's side of the story so its hard to make a fair judgement.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

@@Str8 Kong i understand why they play in the cups but I hardly ever see them playing together against top teams unless it's a tournament. I watched C9 scrim eLevate (?) and EG scrim Denial last night. It wasn't a tournament, they were just practicing. Maybe Str8 is practicing when none of the 8 players involved in the scrim are streaming. I just know that I haven't seen them play together that much outside of a tournament setting.

Updates to Halo Championship Series Team Structure and Player Trading Rules

After careful consideration and close evaluation of community feedback, we have made amendments to the Halo Championship Series "Team Structure and Player Trading" rules to create added flexibility for teams and players, while maintaining consistency. Previously, if a "substitute" left a team, it would cause the team to lose their accumulated HCS points. Moving forward, a single player leaving a team, for any reason, will not cause the team to lose their points. Additionally, the concept of a "substitute" is being removed, as it created unneeded confusion. Teams may now have up to 5 members and are subject to the below player movement guidelines.
The changes are effective immediately and are as follows:

Teams may now remove players and maintain their points so long as they keep at least three of their current players on the roster. "Current roster" is defined as the roster at the start of transfer period #2.
In order to maintain their points, teams can only add a player to their roster during a transfer period.

This means that if a player leaves or is removed from their team and the team drops below 4 total members, said team must wait until a roster transfer period to add a player before they may continue competing in HCS cups. Teams may not add a substitute or an additional player outside of a transfer period. Transfer period #2 is between the end of HCS Cup #5 (January 31, 2015) and the beginning of HCS Cup #6 (February 8, 2015).

As the HCS continues to grow, we are committed to further improving and refining league rules based on feedback from players, viewers, and fans. As always, we strongly encourage you to provide feedback in this thread on our forums.

Lastly, based on further feedback, HCS Cup #5 has been moved from Sunday (February 1, 2015) to Saturday (January 31, 2015) to avoid the conflict with Super Bowl Sunday. Good luck to all teams!

Good luck and have fun!
HCS Staff
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hoooooooray T2 is still relevant for some reason

tell him to come to this thread and make dumb posts about Halo CE! the relevancy will never die then.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

This is unbelievable, idiot Pros dont read/understand the rules...and the league just "amends" the rules so they dont lose the seed.... #onlyInHalo 

• Upvote (+1) 1