CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I can't speak for many people. But I saw Roy and Nasa playing around on a few of these maps the other day when Roy was streaming. I didn't hear much of their opinions, but some people are definitely playing. Ryanoob always seemed to push for things like this to get started so I wouldn't doubt if he's played at least a few of them, but that's just speculation. Not sure about anyone else.

Cool. Know if any one else is? I would like to watch them if they are looking at maps.

Holy shit aries is down $100 tonight, $250 in the last two nights and is betting another $100 this series, come watch theoretical suicide

What happened?

Edit: 

Lunchbox with an 18-0 perfection against Denial on CE Prisoner 4v4 :lol:

damn that's nuts considering ryanoob constantly holds his own weight against the best CE players in the world.. or that's what I heard at least.

@@ZipCity117 they're playing money matches.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The rumored roster is T2, Naded, Str8 Sick, Legit. I don't believe anything official has been announced though.

Cool. Know if any one else is? I would like to watch them if they are looking at maps.

I haven't heard of anyone else trying them out. I just happened to pop into Roy's stream and saw them doing it, I don't even know if anyone tweeted about it, so it may be hard to find players trying out new maps.

I don't see any other alternative than Legit for Str8 - who else would want to play with them? A couple of semi-related points:

1. I've seen talk the past 20 or so pages as if Legit is still an amazing (or even good) player. I feel like he's been average at best since H3 ended - even though he has been competing in a dwindling/less competitive scene. I can't find a good source for placings but I feel like it has been a loooong time since he was a driving force on a top 8 team. His time has past.

2. There is a lot of Naded love and for good reason. Dude is a beast and his teams always seem to have their objective game on point. He is a huge part of that - such a well rounded player. Halo seems to have an inner circle of players that are readily willing to team with each other and Naded hasn't been in that group since H2 ended (T2 has been an outsider looking in for a while now too). From a personality stand point, something about Naded is off and solid players seem to make lateral (at best) moves to leave the guy. He isn't unlucky / getting screwed over with team changes - it has been a consistent pattern for a long time now and the only constant variable in the equation is him.

No Naded hate here, love to watch him play... just my 2 cents.

2. There is a lot of Naded love and for good reason. Dude is a beast and his teams always seem to have their objective game on point. He is a huge part of that - such a well rounded player. Halo seems to have an inner circle of players that are readily willing to team with each other and Naded hasn't been in that group since H2 ended (T2 has been an outsider looking in for a while now too). From a personality stand point, something about Naded is off and solid players seem to make lateral (at best) moves to leave the guy. He isn't unlucky / getting screwed over with team changes - it has been a consistent pattern for a long time now and the only constant variable in the equation is him.

No Naded hate here, love to watch him play... just my 2 cents.

After Ola broke his hand EG asked Naded first, and Naded declined. So saying it's been a consistent pattern for him to constantly make team changes has just been disproved. 

After Ola broke his hand EG asked Naded first, and Naded declined. So saying it's been a consistent pattern for him to constantly make team changes has just been disproved. 

that's interesting, wish we could've seen that team. 

He, personally, rarely makes team changes. Please reread what I wrote. 

Think you got it mixed up, he was originally on EG before lunch came back, once lunch came back he got kicked. Unless you know for sure he got offered somehow?

I don't see any other alternative than Legit for Str8 - who else would want to play with them? A couple of semi-related points:

1. I've seen talk the past 20 or so pages as if Legit is still an amazing (or even good) player. I feel like he's been average at best since H3 ended - even though he has been competing in a dwindling/less competitive scene. I can't find a good source for placings but I feel like it has been a loooong time since he was a driving force on a top 8 team. His time has past.

During Halo 4 he was one of the best players in the game. Placed 4th in the H4GC, and won a couple events if I remember right. Legit was really good. Even in Reach, he was a super solid (if not spectacular) player. He placed 2nd with Str8, then placed pretty well near the end of Reach with teams like Final Boss. He's still an awesome player when practiced.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm excited to see Str8 play with Legit. I don't think this was the best move available for the team but I am interested to see if Legit gets motivated playing T2 and Naded. Naded's energy seems like it could be infectious and T2 and Legit have a good track record together (as do Legit and Naded). St8 Sick is very good as well.

I think the team's biggest problem is that they don't practice nearly as much as the other pro teams. Not only are they not streaming, but I can't recall a time I've watched another top team's stream and saw them playing Str8. For a while now it seems like they've just been getting online for the tournaments.

I'm excited to see Str8 play with Legit. I don't think this was the best move available for the team but I am interested to see if Legit gets motivated playing T2 and Naded. Naded's energy seems like it could be infectious and T2 and Legit have a good track record together (as do Legit and Naded). St8 Sick is very good as well.

I think the team's biggest problem is that they don't practice nearly as much as the other pro teams. Not only are they not streaming, but I can't recall a time I've watched another top team's stream and saw them playing Str8. For a while now it seems like they've just been getting online for the tournaments.

It seems like they only play in online tournaments because that is all they do. They're going to lose their seed though, and they are going to need to take it seriously. They have to. $50K on the line.

Think you got it mixed up, he was originally on EG before lunch came back, once lunch came back he got kicked. Unless you know for sure he got offered somehow?

We didn't ask him again after ola broke his hand, just to clear this up. Hope you land on a good squad
  • Upvote (+1) 4

All you neighborhood heroes think you can just ask T2 a question? You think you are worthy enough to ask Tom Fucking Taylor a question?!?

SQUARE. UP. 

:flames: 

He had the Halo 3 tips that had me fraggin like a pro.

All you neighborhood heroes think you can just ask T2 a question? You think you are worthy enough to ask Tom Fucking Taylor a question?!?

SQUARE. UP. 

:flames: 

You lucky I just got done doing yoga. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

He had the Halo 3 tips that had me fraggin like a pro.

3 hours of Yoga for all those Halo 3 :TIPS: 

2ee.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

remember asking in T2's stream who he was playing with for this one tournament, because the night before I saw his squad on stream not doing too hot. I know it wasn't his team, but he was still playing 4's. He was with Towey and maybe Queen? Hasn't answered anyone but must have seen my post and goes off about how ones a coach, ones a girl, and he'd wreck me. The funny part about it is when I was watching his squad of a "coach" and "girl" were both doing waaaaaaaaaaaay better than he was. I don't think I could put enough a's to get the point across.

Legit was a top 5 player throughout Halo 4, but he hasn't come close to continuing that in H2A. I'm sure he is capable of elevating his play once again if he is on a team with a good shot at winning.