CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Next online cups and G4G should be fucking beast. Only teams guaranteed top 8 for 50k are CLG, Denial, EG, & C9. Elevate is also in a nice place right now.

But the competition between Optic, Noble Black, Str8 Rippin, and Prototype's team will be great. And, don't count out the sudds  :kappa:

Either Str8 Rippin is going to fold/disband or T2 is going to play out of his mind. Probably depends on whether they can get Legit right now.

Okay, let's look at two scenarios:

TSM - Get's $2,000 a month + sponsor-related merchandise; Must market products regularly and actively, loss of the Str8 Rippin earning potential

Str8 Rippin - $2,000 a month; Exclusive rights to the team name for merchandise sales, collects on subs and donations simply due to the team name etc. No major responsibilities to any higher-ups.

If TSM is offering him a similar amount of money to what he's already making, there are some tangible benefits to simply retaining the Str8 Rippin name. We don't KNOW what goes on behind the scenes, so giving him a reasonable amount of doubt based on his prior success at securing sponsorships is fair in my opinion.

It's a difficult situation to quantify. I think Tsquared needs to speak up and let people know what's really going on. His reputation has been getting battered as of late, and not coming out and offering his view of things in general is doing more harm than good.

Purely speculation, can guarantee str8 ripping name ain't making shit right now (regardless of what it's making, its less than the INSANELY popular TSM name). Its a lose/lose situation when turning down TSM. I don't understand how this isn't outright apparent to you. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Purely speculation, can guarantee str8 ripping name ain't making shit right now (regardless of what it's making, its less than the INSANELY popular TSM name). Its a lose/lose situation when turning down TSM. I don't understand how this isn't outright apparent to you. 

I think your view is close-minded when you don't know anything else pertaining to the situation.

If he turned it down, and its based solely on the things we as bystanders have heard, he is simply a moron. A world-class idiot.

I have a hard time believing that someone with his success is that dumb.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think your view is close-minded when you don't know anything else pertaining to the situation.

If he turned it down, and its based solely on the things we as bystanders have heard, he is simply a moron. A world-class idiot.

His success came largely due to his skill at Halo, not his business sense lol. Sure, he had sponsors and signed deals, but that doesn't take much. 

Turning down TSM for his current, shit, dead brand is baffling. But keep on keeping on man. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

We know that Str8 is not a brand with any appreciable sort of marketability. We don't need to be on the inside to see that, because WE are the market. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anybody have an analogy as to how big tsm is? I mean I heard of them.. But don't really know how big that team/org is

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anybody have an analogy as to how big tsm is? I mean I heard of them.. But don't really know how bug that team/org is

Their twitter has over 350k  followers. So pretty big.

What happened to this? Why do we care about the drama? Drama and teams mean nothing when this three map series is boring.

We know that Str8 is not a brand with any appreciable sort of marketability. We don't need to be on the inside to see that, because WE are the market. 

That's fair. I think that's just a little more difficult for me to see thanks to being a Str8 fan and all, and being part of his targeted market. 

What happened to this? Why do we care about the drama? Drama and teams mean nothing when this three map series is boring.

I can't speak for many people. But I saw Roy and Nasa playing around on a few of these maps the other day when Roy was streaming. I didn't hear much of their opinions, but some people are definitely playing. Ryanoob always seemed to push for things like this to get started so I wouldn't doubt if he's played at least a few of them, but that's just speculation. Not sure about anyone else.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maps suck, nothing else is as important as this.

Mechanics are alright(not talking about abilities)

I don't give a fuck about ablities, I care about competition

Lmfaoooooo.....

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

TSM is massive. Huge loss for the scene and for the players involved. 

That is unless TSM's offer was terrible. 

Keep in mind, that all of this news about T2 turning down TSM is still all rumor based on what Lethul and Hysteria said on twitter. Let's take it with a grain of salt. 

That being said, I have been questioning why TSM hasn't picked up a Halo team yet. With CLG and Cloud 9 in the scene, I assumed TSM would have picked up a team by now as well. I honestly assumed they were going to pick up Believe the Hype, but their lack of presence in this scene has always remained a mystery to me. This explains that situation pretty well, so I'm inclined to believe that this is true. 

Keep in mind, that all of this news about T2 turning down TSM is still all rumor based on what Lethul and Hysteria said on twitter. Let's take it with a grain of salt.

Prototype confirmed it, and it's basically been a strong rumor for awhile now too. Shits whack.

It could have been terrible but considering str8 had to pay for flights out of pocket, i'd imagine anything would be good. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Prototype confirmed it, and it's basically been a strong rumor for awhile now too. Shits whack.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that post. I think I even quoted it after he posted it. Shit is indeed whack. 

im shocked that people are shocked by this, why do you think T2 lives in a little apartment now, hes literally top 5 dumbest halo pros of all time, terrible money management, hes the least professional player since zyos 

• Upvote (+1) 3

im shocked that people are shocked by this, why do you think T2 lives in a little apartment now, hes literally top 5 dumbest halo pros of all time, terrible money management, hes the least professional player since zyos 

Because when you live alone, renting out a small apartment is the better financial decision versus living in a 4 bedroom home.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

With how little anything related to Halo can bring to the table ATM I wouldn't be surprised if the offer was shit. I doubt they would give much to a team from a game that peaks under 20k views a tourney, has poorly run tourneys from a spectator standpoint, and a game that doesn't work and crashes during crucial matches. As much as I think it's stupid to not take a TSM sponsorship just for the TSM name alone I honestly wouldn't blame him for rejecting it if the offer was ass.

• Upvote (+1) 2