CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

you should not post private text convos. i think that is unfair. those group texts with T2 that are being posted are meant to be private.

Teambeyond mods should take them down as well.

How no one has used this argument against the Freedom of Information Act is (Team)Beyond me.  ;)

I agree completely text convos should NOT be released or showed to anyone besides the people that were involved, this happened Sunday or Monday night I forget, there was no releasing this to anyone besides a few friends before hand when they asked the reason for me beig dropped. But when I'm told on Twitter and even instagram that T2 streamed a broadcast of him explaining why I was dropped and saying that "I bad mouthed him" and that was the reason I was dropped i felt If I stood by and let that be said without putting out the flames that, THATS what everyone would think so I went ahead and posted it. Wrong or not I'm okay with the decision I made

Do you have a link to the broadcast were T2 did this? Or did you just "hear" about it from your firends? Im not trying to come off rude im just very interested since this is the most exciting thing to come from HCS besides Pistola throwing a tantrum and smashing his hand.

Do you have a link to the broadcast were T2 did this? Or did you just "hear" about it from your firends? Im not trying to come off rude im just very interested since this is the most exciting thing to come from HCS besides Pistola throwing a tantrum and smashing his hand.

My close friend watched it and verified, t2 has his settings so every broadcast gets deleted

T2 streams?

Of course! That's why I heard about it! Left it at that until I started getting tweeted at, but to go 180 and flip it on me. Now that's disrespect

• Upvote (+1) 1

Of course! That's why I heard about it! Left it at that until I started getting tweeted at, but to go 180 and flip it on me. Now that's disrespect

Im assuming his twitch viewership is crap, or he rarely streams - because I am on twitch all the time and have never even seen him stream. I mean I know he used to stream LoL and pull like 20 viewers.  You right though, thats some baby back bi*** stuff right there.

Im assuming his twitch viewership is crap, or he rarely streams - because I am on twitch all the time and have never even seen him stream. I mean I know he used to stream LoL and pull like 20 viewers.  You right though, thats some baby back bi*** stuff right there.

I can confirm he does streams from time to time, but he isn't popular at all. Very few stream views.

I can confirm he does streams from time to time, but he isn't popular at all. Very few stream views.

But dat Str8 Rippin brand recognition doe!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

But dat Str8 Rippin brand recognition doe!!

I dont get many viewers either! So don't hate on that haha, but slowly getting more! That consistency is key 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So T2 is the captain of Str8, I know that, but would it be possible for Naded, Prototype and Str8 Sick to drop T2 and pick up legit?

T2 has always been the weakest link of that team, so dropping T2 for Legit would actually make a solid team.

you should not post private text convos. i think that is unfair. those group texts with T2 that are being posted are meant to be private.

Teambeyond mods should take them down as well.

No, we shouldn't. There is nothing in the rules against it. There is nothing illegal in posting them. Trust may have been broken true, but that's not something worth censoring. The information is also relevant to the Halo community, 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sick squad. Cool to see Randa and Devonator being taken seriously as quality teammates. Randa proved last event that he has what it takes to play at a top level and Dev has been good for awhile now.

Very interesting that Optic hasn't won a scrim yet. Is it necessarily because of aPG or are the other players not grinding MCC enough?

BtH top 2...oh wait... :kappa:

From what I saw on stream. They look clueless next to apg. Think he's made a big mistake joining that squad. They ain't on his level.

T2 being one of the (currently) older pros in the league acting like a 15 year old, incredible, one would think that after these many years, everyone would be mature and whatnot... can we get someone serious to talk to TSM? Another big sponsor like that wouldn't hurt Halo at all. 

Swear "competitive halo players" on this forum get more enjoyment out of pro player bitch fights/team drop, pick up drama than actually playing the game and actively trying to get better. Is this why there is no competition?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

"Hey man about that sponsorship money...?"

"Fuck you man you disrespectful pos I meditate bitch"

OMG guys t2 is a dirtbag? I never saw that one coming, what a big surprise :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Do you have a link to the broadcast were T2 did this? Or did you just "hear" about it from your firends? 

He clearly said that he heard it.

@@Saucey i wouldnt say zilch, couple good placings has kept the Str8 Rippin name relevant since h3, and he has been selling Str8 merchandise as well as people subscribing based on the Str8 name alone. He isnt making nadeshot money but it isnt zilch...

I didn't say that. 

THIS IS WHY THE SUDDS ARE A FUCKING JOKE

We have received copyright complaint(s) regarding material you posted, as follows:

• from SuddothMediaHd about Sudds in Denial - areallygoodnoob

:prayers:  :rekt:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Crazy that T2 turned down TSM, what a missed opportunity. Idk why Naded and Str8 Sick stay with T2.

@@Prototype have you thought about contacting TSM about sponsoring your new squad you got going?

Crazy that T2 turned down TSM, what a missed opportunity. Idk why Naded and Str8 Sick stay with T2.

@@Prototype have you thought about contacting TSM about sponsoring your new squad you got going?

I'd have to think that Tsquared turned it down initially as a negotiating tactic of sorts. He seems, from what's being said, that he is still actively looking to make that sponsorship a reality. I'm simply guessing that TSMs initial offer may not have lined up with the expectations he had of a major sponsor that would demand as much as they would.

Sponsorships are a business deal: you get plenty, but you also have to give plenty. The Str8 Rippin name has the added benefit for Tsquared of being directly aligned with his desires and his values, he doesn't have to do anything really to tailor that name to his needs because he 100% controls it. To exchange that flexibility for demands has to be difficult. The Str8 name holds a lot of value, he sells merchandise worth up to $80 to a variety of people, and pockets a substantial portion of that because he owns the intellectual property. Tsquared also doesn't have a brand that's associated to him, all of it is tied to the team that he's created and fostered in Str8 Rippin. I know quite a few Str8 fans that dislike T2, but subscribe to his channel solely because its Str8 Rippin.

I think people have to give T2 a reasonable amount of doubt when it comes to his business sense: he's probably made more money as a professional Halo player than anyone else, and a lot of that is thanks to good sponsorship decisions etc. Large companies like Sony (Xperia PLAY), Dr Pepper (Raised their sales the highest amount of anyone in their history), Steelseries, G4TV etc have all aligned themselves with his brand. That's more than anyone else in the scene period. So, if he turned down TSM, I'm willing to assume that he felt that it was not a good business decision, and might simply be negotiating for a better deal.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'd have to think that Tsquared turned it down initially as a negotiating tactic of sorts. He seems, from what's being said, that he is still actively looking to make that sponsorship a reality. I'm simply guessing that TSMs initial offer may not have lined up with the expectations he had of a major sponsor that would demand as much as they would.

Sponsorships are a business deal: you get plenty, but you also have to give plenty. The Str8 Rippin name has the added benefit for Tsquared of being directly aligned with his desires and his values, he doesn't have to do anything really to tailor that name to his needs because he 100% controls it. To exchange that flexibility for demands has to be difficult. The Str8 name holds a lot of value, he sells merchandise worth up to $80 to a variety of people, and pockets a substantial portion of that because he owns the intellectual property. Tsquared also doesn't have a brand that's associated to him, all of it is tied to the team that he's created and fostered in Str8 Rippin. I know quite a few Str8 fans that dislike T2, but subscribe to his channel solely because its Str8 Rippin.

I think people have to give T2 a reasonable amount of doubt when it comes to his business sense: he's probably made more money as a professional Halo player than anyone else, and a lot of that is thanks to good sponsorship decisions etc. Large companies like Sony (Xperia PLAY), Dr Pepper (Raised their sales the highest amount of anyone in their history), Steelseries, G4TV etc have all aligned themselves with his brand. That's more than anyone else in the scene period. So, if he turned down TSM, I'm willing to assume that he felt that it was not a good business decision, and might simply be negotiating for a better deal.

If he turned down TSM for Str8 ripping, that's just fucking dumb.

No way to type your way around it, not a good decision, and he'll regret that for a long time now. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

If he turned down TSM for Str8 ripping, that's just fucking dumb.

No way to type your way around it, not a good decision, and he'll regret that for a long time now. 

Okay, let's look at two scenarios:

TSM - Get's $2,000 a month + sponsor-related merchandise; Must market products regularly and actively, loss of the Str8 Rippin earning potential

Str8 Rippin - $2,000 a month; Exclusive rights to the team name for merchandise sales, collects on subs and donations simply due to the team name etc. No major responsibilities to any higher-ups.

If TSM is offering him a similar amount of money to what he's already making, there are some tangible benefits to simply retaining the Str8 Rippin name. We don't KNOW what goes on behind the scenes, so giving him a reasonable amount of doubt based on his prior success at securing sponsorships is fair in my opinion.

It's a difficult situation to quantify. I think Tsquared needs to speak up and let people know what's really going on. His reputation has been getting battered as of late, and not coming out and offering his view of things in general is doing more harm than good.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2