CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Looks like we might be calling them 0 4 3 industries pretty soon.

With as many game crashes, I took to calling them 404 Industries at St. Louis  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

With as many game crashes, I took to calling them 404 Industries at St. Louis :kappa:

Brilliant.

Using this from now on...

I am not impressed by ACE at all. 

I think if C9 dropped ninja they can have a serious chance. Fear, Victory and Hysteria are monsters.  Ninja has not surprised me yet.

I agree with this, even with people saying ninja is "a solid player", i still think he's overrated. Look at what his three teammates have done, placement wise, compared to him. That's not always the full picture, but imo in this case it kind of is.

Not saying he's bad, but if they had a better 4th this could be a top 2 team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tsquared is streaming League again, which I haven't seen him do since before he started grinding Halo 3 a couple months before invitational.

nah, he sometimes streams league after hes done practicing with his squad. Or when they are not online.

I agree with this, even with people saying ninja is "a solid player", i still think he's overrated. Look at what his three teammates have done, placement wise, compared to him. That's not always the full picture, but imo in this case it kind of is.

Not saying he's bad, but if they had a better 4th this could be a top 2 team.

If I were in charge of Cloud 9's roster (which, after I make this statement, you'll all be like "Wow, I'm glad you're not in charge of that roster...fuckin' idiot.")...

I would pick a name of the C9 roster out of a hat and drop that player.  Then look to pick up someone like Goofy or Clutch -- or break out that fat C9 wallet and try to poach Lunchbox, Heinz, Assault, Ryanoob.

I don't think C9 has an issue with any of their players not being good enough, simply an issue of their playstyles being a little too similar.  Natural chemistry is important...whether you believe "roles" exist or not, players do have tendencies and getting a roster where those tendencies naturally work together makes it so much easier to win.

Also, Ninja's won an event more recently than anyone else on that roster, even if it was an AGL/H4 one.

Forgot to say one thing. Aries did not deserve to be dropped in the slightest, I actually enjoyed teaming with him he was a great player and teammate. However, we feel as if APG has that slight edge over Aries and I've wanted to team with him for awhile.

I agree with the move. You simply cant pass up this opportunity like how you explained.

If I were in charge of Cloud 9's roster (which, after I make this statement, you'll all be like "Wow, I'm glad you're not in charge of that roster...fuckin' idiot.")...

I would pick a name of the C9 roster out of a hat and drop that player.  Then look to pick up someone like Goofy or Clutch -- or break out that fat C9 wallet and try to poach Lunchbox, Heinz, Assault, Ryanoob.

I don't think C9 has an issue with any of their players not being good enough, simply an issue of their playstyles being a little too similar.  Natural chemistry is important...whether you believe "roles" exist or not, players do have tendencies and getting a roster where those tendencies naturally work together makes it so much easier to win.

Also, Ninja's won an event more recently than anyone else on that roster, even if it was an AGL/H4 one.

And if FiS/Victory/Hysteria wanted it, imo ofc, they would of been able to as well. When there was competition, look at ninja's placings compared to the others on his team. Granted that was a few years ago now and from the little I watch of him I can see he's a smarter player now. Not saying that team has a weak link, but if it's anyone, it's ninja.

Saying all of this though, their placings have surprised me thus far, so maybe I'm wrong =p. That's the beauty of opinions though.

When there was competition, look at ninja's placings compared to the others on his team.

You mean like during Halo Reach where he out-placed them basically every event after they dropped him?

And please don't try to state that Reach "wasn't competitive" or "didn't have competition".

• Upvote (+1) 2

i agree with this. i think c9 is a small adjustment away from making into the top 2. either they get a glue type of guy who can fill that whole. or one of the players on the team currently would need to change their playstyle a bit to be that guy

New OpTic roster scrimming eLevate

Editing for Series updates

Series tied 3-3.

(Elevate Host) Shrine Flag, eLevate wins 2-0.

(Elevate Host) Warlord TS, eLevate wins 50-48

(Elevate Host) Lockdown King, eLevate wins 133-129

(Elevate Host) Shrine TS, OpTic wins 50-44

(Elevate Host) Warlord Flag, OpTic wins 1-0

(Elevate Host) Lockdown Ball, OpTic wins 200-56

(End of series)

• Upvote (+1) 3

eLevate up 2-0

Shrine Flag, eLevate wins 2-0.

Warlord TS, eLevate wins 50-48

Game 3 is Lockdown King...eLevate has never won a single game of Lockdown King lol

I had no clue elevate was this strong. Regardless of the fact that this is probably Optics first scrim with APG this is really interesting and kind of surprising. 

Munoz online is a god.

Put him on host he's a galactic titan.

Gab takes host for eLevate (though, Gil is also in Texas, so close enough)

Haven't played competitve h5 yet but in reach it really opened the game up. One really smart player could use it to their advantage and flank behind the whole team and maybe make it away. I wouldn't put it in... but if it's in it doesn't ruin the game for me. It's there, learn how to play it and enjoy it idk.

That's all sprint gameplay is at a competitive level. There is not organised pushes. It's someone distracts and someone sprints in. That's all it is, and all it can be, because sprint makes that the one and only strategy. Tell me if there is any other play style with sprint beside flood the enemy when they're weak?

When no sprint is in, you have to actually make coordinated pushes and control power positions. In other words, you have to think with no sprint.

You mean like during Halo Reach where he out-placed them basically every event after they dropped him?

And please don't try to state that Reach "wasn't competitive" or "didn't have competition".

Let's face it, Ninja had his best placement with FiS and Victory, and I'm pretty sure they both quit shortly after then, so you can't really compare. Also, at Columbus 2012, which was probably the best event Reach had, Hysteria outplaced Ninja.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Meh. Assault Aries were the two most impressive optic members. Too bad flame is captain because he was the weak link imo, he was only useful for keeping Ace in a good mood during series.

New OpTic roster scrimming eLevate

Series tied 3-3.

(Elevate Host) Shrine Flag, eLevate wins 2-0.

(Elevate Host) Warlord TS, eLevate wins 50-48

(Elevate Host) Lockdown King, eLevate wins 133-129

(Elevate Host) Shrine TS, OpTic wins 50-44

(Elevate Host) Warlord Flag, OpTic wins 1-0

(Elevate Host) Lockdown Ball, OpTic wins 200-56

(End of series)

The new Optic squad with enable or APG ?

The thing about dropping ninja from cloud 9 though is that he has undoubtedly brought some popularity to the cloud 9 name through being the biggest personality in halo currently.

Also, now that APG is with Optic I don't think there are any free agents that ninja could be dropped for. They could give blaze or Aries a shot perhaps but that would still be a risky move considering VicX, hysteria, and FiS haven't teamed with either of those two before.

Now once season 2 rolls around and SK is available I could see him replacing ninja. Not that he is better than ninja but just because he is buddies with the other three.

The thing about dropping ninja from cloud 9 though is that he has undoubtedly brought some popularity to the cloud 9 name through being the biggest personality in halo currently.

Also, now that APG is with Optic I don't think there are any free agents that ninja could be dropped for. They could give blaze or Aries a shot perhaps but that would still be a risky move considering VicX, hysteria, and FiS haven't teamed with either of those two before.

Now once season 2 rolls around and SK is available I could see him replacing ninja. Not that he is better than ninja but just because he is buddies with the other three.

Exactly Ninja brings great value to any gaming organization. Dropping him from C9 would be really risky in terms of ROI of C9 sponsors

• Upvote (+1) 1

just an interesting tidbit:

Naded discussed on stream how he never thinks about making team changes and is not currently thinking about team changes but..... he went on to discuss the lack of dedication Prototype and St8 Sick have shown. He also mentioned how T2 and himself have been paying the whole team's way to tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why is SK not available for Season 1?

Is Elevate Gabriel's Gamertag "AEGabriel"?

One of the top ranked players on Destiny is an "AEGabriel", didn't know if he played that game...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I havent seen much of blaze but Aries is certainly a better player then Ninja at this time.