CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Aries has been playing well, but I'd still love to see Optic replace him with aPG. aPG seems like one of the perfect replacements for Enable if they wanna hold that old SQ lineup.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am starting to believe sprint will forever be a part of halo. It makes me sad.... Miss the good ol'days H2 :(

i think we need to move past wanting the "good ol'days" back. There will never be anything that will give you that same feeling. I dont like sprint as much as the other guys on here but i think (so far) it works well in H5 beta. I know everyone just wants no sprint and a br but that may not be attractive to the vast majority of casual players. Sure we can have our own little playlist of "MLG" type games but if these new abilities to the beta bring more viewers and excitement, then im all for it. I know of course we will have to see if this happens when H5 does come out, but i feel the majority of the people here and the ones who tweet 343 are so set in their "good ole days" ways that they dont want anything else, which really brings a lot of negativity/seperation between the casual and competitive communitites.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember the first HaloisDad in a late night Saucey stream mid-2013

That started in Feb 2013 after The pop. dropped off under 100k, ranks never came and MLG picked up COD and Halo was picked up by VG  + Team Throwdown launched all within 30days span and finally there was the Ninja vs. :lxthul:  debate. Good times + they finally fixed the boltshot  :saucey:

Anyway, looking forward to see another team win a H2A event. 

Because Microsoft is evil and you can't monetize halo content on youtube, that's why they don't bother

And I don't blame them

A partnership does wonders with that

Flamesword doesn't exactly make team changes rashly or really ever at all. I don't see that happening honestly, there's just not a history there to support it.

Well I could argue that T2 won't make a team change either considering that tweet he made a while ago about team changes being a bad thing and are holding halo back as an esport.

Tbh APG could go to either team imo because he's that good of a player. Just personally I would rather see him at optic because 1. I think he would do better there 2. He would be the closest player to fit Enable's role in the old SQuad 3. If he went there optic would for sure be my 2nd favorite team.

Also the history is indeed there for flame. Back before Cbus 2012 after assault left and it was just flame, enable, and ace. They picked up Elamite for a bit. Then after like one online scrim with that team, flame and enable decided to drop ace and Elamite for Royal 2 and Snakebite. Which we of course know is the team that won Cbus 2012. So, if the decision to pick up a player that could better the team is there, then I have no doubt flame will go for it.

Well I could argue that T2 won't make a team change either considering that tweet he made a while ago about team changes being a bad thing and are holding halo back as an esport.

Tbh APG could go to either team imo because he's that good of a player. Just personally I would rather see him at optic because 1. I think he would do better there 2. He would be the closest player to fit Enable's role in the old SQuad 3. If he went there optic would for sure be my 2nd favorite team.

Also the history is indeed there for flame. Back before Cbus 2012 after assault left and it was just flame, enable, and ace. They picked up Elamite for a bit. Then after like one online scrim with that team, flame and enable decided to drop ace and Elamite for Royal 2 and Snakebite. Which we of course know is the team that won Cbus 2012. So, if the decision to pick up a player that could better the team is there, then I have no doubt flame will go for it.

You could certainly argue that, but Tsquared is a team changing hypocrite and has been for a long time. He placed 2nd with RyaNoob, Naded and Legit and dropped RyaNoob and Naded for Elamite and Neighbor because he felt they would give him the best chance to win. He has a history of making bold / rash / crazy team changes, a reputation and history that Flamesword doesn't have at all. I'm not saying the team change couldn't happen, and I'm also not saying they wouldn't be a better team, I just have my doubts that they would. He set out to have a team filled with people he wanted to team with for this, so I'm not sure he's going to change that on a whim.

But hey, Halo team changes are like the most unpredictable thing in existence. I wouldn't really be crazy surprised if it did happen.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If i could I would go to the event and give out NO SPRINT shirts

That would be amazing.

Even if they were the cheapest shirts.

Damn, buy a white shirt for a few dollars and write no sprint with a marker.

The T2, Ryanoob, Legit, Naded lineup from 2011 had so much potential to be an incredible team. I still wonder at what that team could have achieved if they stuck together. 

Strange, wonder why he got dropped, from the little we've seen he looks like thier second best player at least.

• Upvote (+1) 1

APG is a known team killer. If he ends up on Optic they'll undoubtedly place worse.

OpTic already has Enable listed as their sub on the ESL site, so they can't make a team change until February without losing their points. (Unless they are fielding Enable until February).

And if they DO make a team change before February, they'll have to finish Top 4 (what they were already getting with Aries) in order to have enough points to be top 8 seed going into PAX East.

Because 5th place at a Platinum event is 450 points -- which would put them tied with the current 9th place team.  (Of course, this is disregarding placings in the online cups leading up to G4G, but suffice to say, they'd be putting themselves at a disadvantage doing this.)

I know it's because i'm a reach kid but I like sprint. This unlimited sprint is gay and so is that booster pack thing. It's like spawning with evade but whatever the game is sick

/shrug

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

An organization with a majority of their audience being younger kids is picking up......Bradley

• Upvote (+1) 1