CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The fact that dude has an occupation in the gaming scene is hysterical. 

isnt Gandhi part of the Smite scene?

Because Microsoft is evil and you can't monetize halo content on youtube, that's why they don't bother

And I don't blame them

They've been letting plenty of channels, large and small, get away with it for years, and just today, they updated their policy again to ensure that anyvody can monetize videos with MS content within.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

They've been letting plenty of channels, large and small, get away with it for years,

and just today, they updated their policy again to ensure that anyvody can monetize videos with MS content within.

you're first part isn't 100% accurate, they let you get away with it until they don't want to pay you anymore

that is really really good news

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/01/09/microsoft-studios-announces-new-let-s-play-friendly-monetization-rules.aspx

microsoft is now only 99.99% evil

there's no excuse now

Halo 5 HCS will be GOAT

i really think so. Idk about GOAT but this beta has been nothing but fun(great to watch as well) and i think it has awesome potential.

If you are being sarcastic, disregard last sentence.

Could definitely see BtH, Cloud 9, Optic, str8, and maybe even Denial all switching up squads during the transfer period. Wouldn't expect CLG or EG to change though.

Who would you expect to be dropped/leave Optic? Because personally I don't think the old SQ trio are going to be splitting up, but I could see APG for Aries. Still don't know if that would be a good change though, Aries has looked really good since teaming with them.

Could definitely see Ninja being replaced on Cloud 9, never thought he really "fit in" on that team. Goofy for T2 wouldn't be a bad change for Str8(or whatever their name would be without T2).

Should be interesting to see what happens. All it takes is one team change and it will create a chain reaction of team changes.

Agreed with most of this, the most possible I could see is apg joining optic. I don't really know what else could go on but I do expect to see a few changes made. Nothing for CLG or Denial that's for sure, as well as from us. I could also see bth dropping clutch or legit I guess and getting someone else but I don't know who they would get.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

gettin that mcdonalds money, rollin to the tourney in my 98 Geo

Agreed with most of this, the most possible I could see is apg joining optic. I don't really know what else could go on but I do expect to see a few changes made. Nothing for CLG or Denial that's for sure, as well as from us. I could also see bth dropping clutch or legit I guess and getting someone else but I don't know who they would get.

Any of the top 3 teams would be silly to drop./change anyone... the difference in skill between CLG/EG and Denial is almost negligible, IMO it comes down to who comes up on fire in the series.

if there's one thing you can't blame 343 for it is the fact that it isn't their fault that there are some men in their 20's that think that they are entitled to make a living off of a game that pulls a few thousand viewers in ad revenue and almost zero dollars in spectator fees for a weekend a month

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I hope we get some advance stats added to Halo 5.

Things like shot %, damage dealt, damage received, total flag touches, total flag returns, how many times a flag was touched on a successful score, flag route recording

i am talking some really next level stats.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Things like shot %, damage dealt, damage received, total flag touches, total flag returns, how many times a flag was touched on a successful, flag route recording

Pretty sure hit % and shots fired/hit stats were confirmed by J Holmes

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty sure hit % and shots fired/hit stats were confirmed by J Holmes

we know a lot of these confirmations are half-truths

ie:Halo MCC

• Upvote (+1) 1

Things like shot %, damage dealt, damage received, total flag touches, total flag returns, how many times a flag was touched on a successful score, flag route recording

Halo analytics FTW!

• Upvote (+1) 1

we know a lot of these confirmations are half-truths

ie:Halo MCC

Hit percentage is already in the beta. I can understand your hesitation on other things, but at least hit % is pretty much guaranteed to be in the final game.

another cool stat would be how long a player held to a "power weapon" (Sniper/Rockets) and how many kills/assist they got while holding that weapon.

also it would be cool if they add like a team page stats where you can see collective K/D ratio of the team instead having the commentators trying to do math on stream. add other "team stats" to that stats page like which team had a power weapon, kills from these power weapons, etc.

edit: also other cool feature would be if the "competitive settings" for Flag was programmed in the game. (i am talking about the overtime rule) instead of having to create a 30 min gametype.

another cool option would to automatically end KoTH/Ball games when it is mathematically impossible to make a comeback.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did anybody else see that Game Informer article discussing MS's new monetization policies for putting content on Twitch and Youtube? Heard it was good/better, but someone with more knowledge of these kind of things would be nice to hear from regarding the changes.

Could help these Halo pros putting out more content. 

I'm kind of surprised and a little upset that these big organizations that signed these players aren't forcing them to put out content.

Same

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 gives money to the organizers to increase prize pool.

Almost 10k has been given to G4G

10k was given to UGC

and 5k was given to IG.

I disagreed with UGC's prize pool distribution, but that wasn't 343's idea, yes they should've said something, but UGC thought they had a cool idea.

I guess I just don't understand the big gripe, last year we had nothing, the year before that tournament winners made 850 dollars. Sure, I want Halo to have a million dollar championship, but we haven't done a damn thing to deserve that, yet. 

(Obviously not counting H4GC)

We need to stop going "WELL COD GETS BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Yeah, CoD gets 150k viewers on a bad day, CoD has players with almost a million twitter followers, you can't compare it.

People are let-down for Season 1 being 50k, I understand people expected more. There's more seasons, the rules are still being situated. 

Not ONCE have I talked to a person a part of HCS that thinks it's anywhere near perfect, but they want to make it that way.

So the whole "Boycott HCS" shit, yeah when we don't have tournaments after Season 2 we'll be bitching that even our devs leave us in the water like MLG did.

the people saying to boycott, how dumb are they.  the only thing that would come from a successful boycott would zero support from devs.  

you're first part isn't 100% accurate, they let you get away with it until they don't want to pay you anymore

that is really really good news

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/01/09/microsoft-studios-announces-new-let-s-play-friendly-monetization-rules.aspx

microsoft is now only 99.99% evil

there's no excuse now

you do realize MS is one the most leant publishers when it comes to monetization. and MS is not paying anyone, the money comes from ad revenue.

Because Microsoft is evil and you can't monetize halo content on youtube, that's why they don't bother

And I don't blame them

can you tell me where you got your info.  

aPG F/A, according to his twitter

And so it begins.

I'd like, REALLY like him to go on Str8 Rippin. Like lots. Him and Legit would be amazing actually, but that would be risky seed wise obviously. Just aPG would be great though, he's a huge talent and there's gonna be some changes because of this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

are you talking about shot fired are shot that hit enemy player hit % is already there. the other stuff i would like see in full game.