CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Maybe they should stop feeling shitty then and actually fix the game since it's STILL broken. Or they can keep doing what they're doing and continue to show that they clearly don't give a fuck about MCC other than it being a quick cash grab.

You must be a fucking child if you believe that. This is a far larger issue... 

While I hadn't personally heard anything about a 500k tournament, I'm going to go ahead and try to get you to lower your pitchforks with some reason.  If there was a 500k tourney mentioned for "this year" I think Tom / other players misinterpreted when it would be.

I am not positive on this, but it makes plenty of sense.  Expecting a 500k tournament after only 3 months is crazy, lol

(Do Tweets show up after waiting a bit?)

I think T2 was referring to the season finals 50k versus the 1m for CoD champs that was announced today. I still think 50k is a reasonable amount for the state of everything, and I was excited when I heard it would be another 50k.

I think T2 was referring to the season finals 50k versus the 1m for CoD champs that was announced today. I still think 50k is a reasonable amount for the state of everything, and I was excited when I heard it would be another 50k.

^ That tweet suggests he's talking about expecting 500k out of the Season Finals, not referring to any CoD event.  Considering he was replying to a reply of a tweet from 3 days ago.

^ That tweet suggests he's talking about expecting 500k out of the Season Finals, not referring to any CoD event.  Considering he was replying to a reply of a tweet from 3 days ago.

Maybe I missed a tweet, my bad. I was talking about the tweet he put out about slave labor.

Edit: Yea none of those tweets were showing up for some reason for me, just saw them all now

Maybe I missed a tweet, my bad. I was talking about the tweet he put out about slave labor.

The one I linked just now came before the slave labor one.

The finals was suppose to be 500k? I'm confused by that T2 tweet. Maybe it's 500K spread across all the events? Someone with more knowledge care to explain this to me? I do agree with T2 though on the politics of the situation.

Have you watched pros play any post-CE Halo? When players are landing 90% of their shots, the game does look easy to someone who has never played it.

As easy the shooting may have gotten over the years, it's still not "who sees who first" like it is in COD/BF/TF etc.

Besides all this stuff, I'm interested in what teams, if any, will be trying to make changes before the 50k tourney. I know people are bitching right now but honestly we are gonna attend it, it's not a finals worthy event but 50k is just like MLG events and pros will want to go. I could see a few teams making changes before this event to get a good start iti season 2 and to try to make sure they do good in the 1 prize pool that's worth it.

I can see optic str8 and bth all making changes but I don't know any specifics.

Yes this is the que to start the "you're getting dropped for ola" replies.

Calling it now: Str8 Goofy

I don't see Denial adding Goofy back after a win, and I highly doubt Str8 is happy with their placings recently. Goofy will be a great addition for them. Alternatively, I can see Goofy going to BTH for either Legit or Clutch, and then the released player will subsequently be picked up by Str8.

I really don't see Denial, Optic, Cloud 9, EG, or CLG make any team changes whatsoever.

BTH should blow it up and do a team of APG, Blaze, Goofy, and Legit. I think that team could contend for top 3/4.

It wouldn't be BtH without Maniac.

It wouldn't be BtH without Maniac.

Whoops, didn't mean to imply that they would go under that name. Believe the Hype is honestly a terrible name anyways.

BTH should blow it up and do a team of APG, Blaze, Goofy, and Legit. I think that team could contend for top 3/4.

Blaze, APG, Naded, and goofy would be dope.

How is he being lied to?

A lot of Pros had the idea that the Championships were for $500,000. I don't know if they were told that, or it was something off the rumor mill or simply a misnomer. It's possible they misunderstood Season Finals as the year end championship, which seems the most logical choice to me. Honestly though, no one that I know of knows why they had that idea. We'll have to wait until more details are released on the matter.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

A lot of Pros had the idea that the Championships were for $500,000. I don't know if they were told that, or it was something off the rumor mill or simply a misnomer. It's possible they misunderstood Season Finals as the year end championship, which seems the most logical choice to me. Honestly though, no one that I know of knows why they had that idea. We'll have to wait until more details are released on the matter.

Seeing as Tashi just confirmed he has no idea where they got that rumor (regarding the 500k), I think it's safe to say either people were/are being stupid or they misunderstood for the year end finals.

Hopefully he'll actually say what he means instead of being a tease.

He said more details "coming soon" in a Facebook post, so we'll hopefully find out more "soon". The pro definition of soon is usually a lot slower than mine though.

the lack of promotion for  HCS tournaments is abysmal. we'll never get the normies to watch Halo if we don't let them know it still exists 

Pretty much everything to do with the HCS tournaments is abysmal. Promotion, money, MCC, maps, etc etc etc.

Was wondering why I couldn't look at his twitter on my phone, he blocked me when I worked for Gamma. 

I finally kinda caught up with all this halo in the past like 2 years, feel bad you guys have had to deal with this stuff. Kinda noticed on twitter the complaining, but finally watched videos earlier about the scene/gameplay.

How would you theoretically want them to make that roster? Just keep the current lineup and switch to that after Season 1 ends, go straight for it for G4G and give up all their HCS points and hope they place very well at G4G, or drop Maniac/Clutch next roster change period and then drop the other the following roster change period?