CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Here's how I see it. HCS chugs along... people still play, continue to complain, etc (still sucks).

Halo 5 comes out, HCS starts off solid, game actually works, prize pools are huge, orgs come in, pros compete, etc, etc. New players rise because of a fresh game, etcetc

On phone so, sorry for the shit tier post structure. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

EDIT - Can't figure out how to quote Cyren with that tweet from T2.  :/

I'm glad someone stepped up and said it.

HCS could be so successful with a functioning game. I've always had the feeling that this season is just a test run, and we will see a lot more added to HCS when Halo 5 comes out. But man...they had such a solid opportunity to get people who compete and love to watch competitive Halo together with MCC and instead it has been a train wreck. If I were 343, I would be incredibly embarrassed at the state of HCS and MCC.

With the Beta wrapping up soon, this will be their last real chance to salvage any respect from the community and actually get some stuff fixed with MCC. If G4G rolls around and the game hasn't been improved significantly....I actually don't even want to think about how bad the situation will be.

I really want to remain positive though. I just think the coming weeks and event are very critical for future success, and I really want us to be back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That is if Halo doesn't die again with Halo 5

If 343 does a giant Halo 5 tourney right away for Halo 5 I can see it attracting huge numbers because it's Halo, it's new, and it's a huge prize pool. That's the only way I see Halo staying alive at this point. They have to come out quick with a big tourney because that's when they can get the most people interested.

Baby steps, people. Baby steps (I like to think of it that way). Don't hate me for wanting to think positively. I think we should give it a little time, though. I am not too thrilled about the amount of prize money for the finals, either, but we have a long way to go and have also come a long way since the beginning of Halo 4.

That is easy to say when you're the #1 seed, fully sponsored and make the maximum amount of money from prize pools.  :lxthul:

damnnnn

I dont play or watch cod. What make the clips they showed so impressive? Looked like a bunch of easy kills. I just don't get how cod is considered a competitive game at all. Just don't get spotted first?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I dont play or watch cod. What make the clips they showed so impressive? Looked like a bunch of easy kills. I just don't get how cod is considered a competitive game at all. Just don't get spotted first?

Halo is the exact same way at the top level

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

damnnnn

For being "world  championships" that prize pool isn't much, that being said, it's looking better and better for the COD guys. I think that if they used the same strat Valve did with TI4, they can get a lot of money for the prize pool.

$50k on the tester season. I'd be mad about the prizepool but the community couldn't (and proved they wouldn't) raise even a fraction of that on their own. Even if they could I don't think half the players we've seen come back would have done so.

Are people really looking to COD? When you get x20 the viewers you can have x20 the prize money. That's a conservative estimate given COD will likely shit on it's overall and concurrent viewer count

• Upvote (+1) 3

BASED

T2 seems fed up IMO, I would be too if I had to compete in a broken game with 3 maps with little pay-out for top 4.

If T2 bails that would be a pretty big deal, he's not that big of a viewer puller on twitch (I think?) but he's still a pretty big name for the community and who knows maybe others will follow.

Just the other night Lethul, APG, Hienz, and a few others were considering the transfer to CoD. Now is the time, because Halo is going no where. I really don't think they should hold themselves back from something greater while hoping for the sinking ship to somehow get better.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Just the other night Lethul, APG, Hienz, and a few others were considering the transfer to CoD. Now is the time, because Halo is going no where. I really don't think they should hold themselves back from something greater while hoping for the sinking ship to somehow get better.

They might aswell switch to CoD if they are considering it now. IF Halo manages to recover to they could always come back to it later if they think it's worth it.

This is 100% not true ^_^

Someone asked us when we were in a skype call and TJ was streaming if we had considered it. We had all kind of tried it before in Black Ops 2, but it didn't work out (I was bad and didn't enjoy it, APG wasn't that good and TJ was good, but never really gave the effort). Even if we wanted to, it's not that easy. CoD is very hard to play at the top level and certainly takes a different mindset.

I also don't agree that Halo is going nowhere. Not too many people are happy about the low prize pool for the very first finals of the HCS, but I'm going to stick around and keep playing. I think it will only get bigger, especially with the support I think Halo 5 will have. That's not to say the next season or 2 of MCC won't be bigger, either. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

This is 100% not true ^_^

Someone asked us when we were in a skype call and TJ was streaming if we had considered it. We had all kind of tried it before in Black Ops 2, but it didn't work out (I was bad and didn't enjoy it, APG wasn't that good and TJ was good, but never really gave the effort). Even if we wanted to, it's not that easy. CoD is very hard to play at the top level and certainly takes a different mindset.

I also don't agree that Halo is going nowhere. Not too many people are happy about the low prize pool for the very first finals of the HCS, but I'm going to stick around and keep playing. I think it will only get bigger, especially with the support I think Halo 5 will have. That's not to say the next season or 2 of MCC won't be bigger, either. 

Check your PM's if you got a second, or can I DM you on twitter?