CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I was across the hall from the incident in St. Louis rooming with @@Relyvant. Someone reported what they thought was a gunshot to the fron office because they heard "a loud bang" and looked under the door and saw a body. But the guy got super wasted and was like beating the shit out of his roomates and this dude was HUGE like 6'4 all muscle. The cops showed up with paramedics and he was in nothing but his underwear, pissed himself, and had a huge gash on his face. His roomates had already dipped out I guess and the guys was incoherent trying to fight cops and paramedics. The cop was going crazy saying he was going to throw him out of a window and fuck him up. They held him down until they brought a stretcher to strap him down to because he was so big they could not just cuff him and take him. Once they took him away one of the ladies that worked at the hotel came in our room and was like" did yall see that shit!" She told us that the cop busted his face up for resisting and shit like that. Never found out who it was.

I was on the 5th floor and did not here about this till now. I am curios if it was on the third floor at the end of the hall because we were walking there and some big drunk dude was randomly talking shit to us but we just kept walking.  Anyway I doubt that Hotel will welcome HCS back next year. It was crazy there all weekend.

im ready for clg cod. 

This is just embarrassing. 343 is not taking HSC seriously at all. 

Why should they? There's almost no reason for them to invest more heavily into the Esports department of a game that isn't even 100% functional. 

Man you would think that 343 being that they screwed up MCC would give out more then 50K for the final. They literally made millions off of a broken game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe I'm just a foolish optimist, but here's to hoping that the final season of the H2A HCS will be a championship of sorts, and something like $150,000-$250,000 will be on the line. That would be amazing.

The HCS feels like lip service, it doesn't seem like 343 really cares about it

The quality of the streams suck, the game itself is broken, etc

UGC stl was embarassing, we deserve way better, especially considering the partners involved.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe I'm just a foolish optimist, but here's to hoping that the final season of the H2A HCS will be a championship of sorts, and something like $150,000-$250,000 will be on the line. That would be amazing.

Even then, to bring Halo back into the limelight and make it a flagship game for esports there needs to be $1 Million +. Im holding my breath that H2A is a warm up for them, and they're intending to go all out supporting Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Even then, to bring Halo back into the limelight and make it a flagship game for esports there needs to be $1 Million +. Im holding my breath that H2A is a warm up for them, and they're intending to go all out supporting Halo 5.

From everything I've read, and to my understanding, H2A HCS is a test-run of sorts, to try and encounter problems and difficulties that arise on a slightly smaller scale, and then really scale up and do bigger and bigger things with Halo 5. I think they've said it themselves that the main focus for the HCS is to be ready for Halo 5.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly I am glad we arent having a 1 million dollar tournament for H2A/MCC. The game is so incredibly broken that competing for that amount of money would be so incredibly frustrating as a competitor. 

Imagine in the finals to win 400,000 its 48-30 and the other teams box crashes, and you have to replay, and you lose?

Hopefully they put on a massive tournament for Halo 5, I would imagine they will be taking that title more seriously - seeing as they are making it and it isnt just mashing all of Bungies games onto 1 disc. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Honestly I am glad we arent having a 1 million dollar tournament for H2A/MCC. The game is so incredibly broken that competing for that amount of money would be so incredibly frustrating as a competitor. 

Imagine in the finals to win 400,000 its 48-30 and the other teams box crashes, and you have to replay, and you lose?

Hopefully they put on a massive tournament for Halo 5, I would imagine they will be taking that title more seriously - seeing as they are making it and it isnt just mashing all of Bungies games onto 1 disc. 

That is if Halo doesn't die again with Halo 5

• Upvote (+1) 4

I find it ungrateful for us to complain about prize pools. I hate to be negative but our game:

1) sucks

2) sucks to watch

3) is broken

4) has a small population

5) gets no viewers

They're already wasting money on us, truthfully.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Most million dollar prize tourneys are community funded. Cod champs is an exception but the international and smite wc have the 3 biggest prize pools of all time and they're funded through the community. Don't see the halo community being able to do that

Hate to say it, but I see a lot of pros done competing after Season 1 for the HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I have stuck with Halo for over 10 years, and I'm not even watching HCS. There really just isn't anything impressive going on the screen which is due to low skill gap IMO. You watch LoL, Dota, CS, and Starcraft and you lose your shit on how perfect people's plays are, or how un-human like it is. Everything in Halo now just seems clunky and prone for making you look ********. Compare watching OGRE 2 in CE versus OGRE 2 in recent Halo's. 

The big problem is, if someone swapped a bunch of semi-pros or pub stompers twitch streams with the current pros, I'm not exactly sure if I would be able to tell the difference. It's even worse for people who don't follow Halo. I am embarrassed to give the stream to my friends because I don't think the play is impressive an any shape or form compared to what they are used to watching. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

343 needs to step in and set up a general structure for these prize pool for all the various types of events. One major thing people need to realize is that UGC - not 343 or ESL - chose how to give out the prize money for the UGC 20k. This is the fault of both sides - UGC trying to do a good thing that unfortunately makes everything look worse and 343 and ESL not setting up some sort of general ruling on prize structure to ensure money is actually being made.