CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What was the score of the finals ?, it was too late and I couldn't watch.

First series was 3-1 CLG. Second series was 3-1 Denial.

Honestly, I didnt even have Denial on my radar for top 4, let alone to win the event. Happy for all the guys on the team + Ryanoobs magical hair deserves the MVP trophy. 

Glad they won, makes everything so much more interesting now. Rather than seeing CLG or EG being predicted 1st every event lol.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Congrats to Denial. Awesome to see Mikwen get a win, Cloud, Chig, heck even Ryan. Good group of deserving guys on that team.

Now, let's fix this game before G4G, Ok 343?

First series was 3-1 CLG. Second series was 3-1 Denial.

Nice, so CLG did win a series, they seriously need to work on their Lockout(especially oddball) they were getting dismantled everytime there.

Congrats to Denial on the event win. All those guys on that team definetly deserve it. Mikwen and Chig's first tourney win, and cloud and ryanoob just grinding all the time before the event. Always knew cloud could hit his H3 potential again, just needed the right motivation as we saw with H4GC.

Does anyone know where to find the VOD for the ugc grand finals?

The grand finals were being played not even 8 hours ago so it will probably take a couple days for them to get it up. Idk though. I would imagine it would be on UGC's youtube channel. 

Still sticking by my statement that Noob is one of the most underrated Halo players of all time

• Upvote (+1) 1

I actually thought Optic would get into the finals this time, they seem to be right at the cusp of doing great things. Same with C9. Whatever happened with them off stream must have been really frustrating for everyone involved.

So next event is G4G then the PAX Finals?

I believe theres a Euro event by Egl in Feb. I think they said last night that the winners would be flown over for the season 1 finals. Should be good, there are many great euro teams that haven't been given a shot at the limelight.

@@Harville2 What happened with them anyway?. I heard shit in the twitch chat about ninja getting dropped.

Honestly, I didnt even have Denial on my radar for top 4, let alone to win the event. Happy for all the guys on the team + Ryanoobs magical hair deserves the MVP trophy. 

Glad they won, makes everything so much more interesting now. Rather than seeing CLG or EG being predicted 1st every event lol.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5642-ugc-st-louis-discussion/page-21?do=findComment&comment=373668

I said top 4 but the sleeper gets top 1. Even when CLG had to win two series against them in the championship match I still thought Denial were finishing second, glad they proved me wrong.

I had Denial as a dark horse for the last event and they disappointed. Glad they turned it around

• Upvote (+1) 1

I believe theres a Euro event by Egl in Feb. I think they said last night that the winners would be flown over for the season 1 finals. Should be good, there are many great euro teams that haven't been given a shot at the limelight.

@@Harville2 What happened with them anyway?. I heard shit in the twitch chat about ninja getting dropped.

Apparently C9 won 3-0 but had to replay a bunch of the games so Optic ended up winning 3-2. C9 was up 4-1 in game 1 and someone got dropped so they restarted from scratch. 

Idk about the Ninja getting dropped thing but lots of teams definitely got screwed over from the restart rules they currently have in place. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Denials organization taking 3rd at umg and winning halo the same weekend. Optic won umg and took 4th at halo. They're quickly rising to what could be a huge rivalry in na fps. That's a good thing for esports as a whole. Would love to see more of this.

From my understanding basically what happened was cloud 9 won game 1 then won game 2 but game 2 had to be replayed for whatever reason which optic then won. So the series score was 1-1 when it would have been 2-0 to cloud 9 if not for the replay. Then C9 won game 3 but that also had to be replayed which optic then went on to win. C9 won game 4 and then optic won game 5 50-49.

All in all it sucks for cloud 9 that they received the bad end of the stick in the replays, it's really difficult to win the replay after you just won it in the the first match.

Both Flame and ninja said they would be uploading a youtube vid discussing what happened in detail.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Bravo said their will be multiple seasons and their will be a larger prize pool after each season's end with a Final. That got me really pumped when I heard him say that lol. I thought this was going to be the end of 343's competitive h2a tournies come March, but I guess we still have more halo Boys!

Bravo said their will be multiple seasons and their will be a larger prize pool after each season's end with a Final. That got me really pumped when I heard him say that lol. I thought this was going to be the end of 343's competitive h2a tournies come March, but I guess we still have more halo Boys!

Finals will be 100k. With the viewers and teams we are getting I don't see much more than that. 

Does anyone know the payout for G4G?

I know Walshy will be casting. That is already a plus.

1st Place: 3000 HCS Points | $6,000

2nd Place: 2000 HCS Points | $3,000

3rd Place: 1400 HCS Points | $1,000

All the info is here.

@@Saucey @@FrankTheShow @@GoldenboyFTW and I will most likley be out there too. Maybe we can do a Bomb Planted liveshow inbetween matches :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Assault spitting some truth:

For those that didn't see, 4th place got $550 ($137.50 a person), 16th place was able to get $200 ($50 a person),

• Upvote (+1) 5

Honestly, I need to hear his quote about that. Because I bet what he actually means is that we'll have another season...at some point in the future..like, 12 months from now in Halo 5.

I remember playing Assault in H2. He might have been DBA assault and played with Speed... he's been around for a long time.

There's nothing more I'd like for a great Halo game to come out, and to have a big competitive scene and tournaments like back in the day, but honestly what does he expect? Do teams know they're going to tournaments with such little payout? Shouldn't you be prepared to lose and expect taking a loss? I had considered grinding H2A again at launch because I missed the scene but as fun as the game was, it wasn't the competitive title I wanted to play, and the scene is nowhere near big enough to be considered worth it.

• Upvote (+1) 1