CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The 2009 system that was used was pretty good in my opinion. There were complaints that it guaranteed a pro team top 24 and favored pro teams in general, but that wouldnt be as important without two series of brackets (pro/am) and could be adjusted to not benefit pro teams if there were two brackets.

My main complaint in 2009 nationals was that a top 2 team was guaranteed top 6. The top 2 teams were automatically placed in the semi-finals. I personally have no problem with a pro team being top 24 automatically but I can see why some people would.

I hope everyone else is reading into these posts. This pretty much confirms that the AR is going to stay ********. Would you mind asking him is there going to be splitscreen in h5? Want this confirmed so I know for sure I'm not going to buy the game

Edit: nvm read that tweet wrong, could anyone ask about the splitscreen though puuuleeease?

I hope everyone else is reading into these posts. This pretty much confirms that the AR is going to stay ********. Would you mind asking him is there going to be splitscreen in h5? Want this confirmed so I know for sure I'm not going to buy the game

Edit: nvm read that tweet wrong, could anyone ask about the splitscreen though puuuleeease?

Josh Holmes confirmed split-screen would be 2-players only in the final game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This should be good. So many great snipers on Denial. 

I hope other teams follow suit with teamtages. An EG teamtage would provide some crazy clips. 

On the topic of teams, I'm not sure how Str8 Rippin is going to do this weekend. Can't say I've seen them practice very much, although they've done well when they have played. We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. Don't know what to expect from them this time around.

Tournaments should start using team montages for like a cool way of introducing teams to people who might not know who they are, then for those of us who know who they are it's a really fun intro to watch. I think every current team should have a Teamtage.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Josh Holmes confirmed split-screen would be 2-players only in the final game.

God they're shit. Bet ya it doesn't happen.

• Downvote (-1) 2

2-Player Splitscreen at launch

And I doubt there will be automatic starts, he's just referring to Automatics being on map pickups similar to how we had in H4

• Upvote (+1) 2

My main complaint in 2009 nationals was that a top 2 team was guaranteed top 6. The top 2 teams were automatically placed in the semi-finals. I personally have no problem with a pro team being top 24 automatically but I can see why some people would.

I agree with the nationals. That one was flawed. It made a #9 seed start in losers bracket. Thats not ok in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Here, spend the next 4 days frantically learning the way this map plays with these changes."

"just kidding, you were just testing the map for us still.  Go back to the old one."

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is Tashi in charge of testing gametypes in the HCS?

Needs more   :ghost: , but he is probably busy saving Halo 5  :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 2

On the topic of teams, I'm not sure how Str8 Rippin is going to do this weekend. Can't say I've seen them practice very much, although they've done well when they have played. We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. Don't know what to expect from them this time around.

All I know is Str8 Rippin's coach has shaken off the rust and will be bringing way more to the table this time. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

lol, i think thats a pretty good goal

Considering LoL had 27 million viewers at the world championships I think halos goal should be a little higher than the level of popularity we had during the mlg days. Obviously you have to start small which means reaching that point where we're back to where we were would be huge and exciting, I think the "end goal" should be to take it to heights it's never seen

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol, i think thats a pretty good goal

Our goal right now should be getting it back to what is was in Halo 3, spectator wise. I feel that's when it was at its peak. Once we accomplish that, I'll have more confidence in it growing passed that.