CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@Teapot

Yes I agree with you 100% about callouts sometimes getting confusing.

I thought call outs started getting a bit out of hand starting sometime around 2008 with Halo 3.  All the constant calling out and yelling just seems like chaos.  Guys will call out someone that they are dueling and then say, "oh, he's dead."  Then why did they bother calling it out ahead of time? I've always been of the opinion that if you are calling out guys while you are shooting and maneuvering, you aren't 100% focused on your own gameplay.  But perhaps the pros have gotten so good at multitasking that it doesn't affect them at all.

Communicating while shooting / maneuvering is critical. If you're in the upper echelon of Halo and you arent doing that, you are going to get stomped by your opponents.

Naded is very intense with his call outs but if you were watching his stream the entire time during the tournament I have this sense that his intensity makes him play better and his teammates play better.

I know when I listen to him scream and see him destroy I feel indestructible myself.

Edit: To add more to this I also swear there have been interviews where people have said that when they're versing Naded and they hear him starting to shout like that you know he's going to be almost impossible to beat 1 on 1. In a way its intimidating.

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@Teapot

I thought call outs started getting a bit out of hand starting sometime around 2008 with Halo 3.  All the constant calling out and yelling just seems like chaos.  Guys will call out someone that they are dueling and then say, "oh, he's dead."  Then why did they bother calling it out ahead of time? I've always been of the opinion that if you are calling out guys while you are shooting and maneuvering, you aren't 100% focused on your own gameplay.  But perhaps the pros have gotten so good at multitasking that it doesn't affect them at all.

In halo 3, one of the things that was stressed and valued highly was being able to call out while shooting so that is something everyone learned how to do. There are only a few situations where you'll see people not call out when something is happening and it usually when you have shit ton of options you have to think over

• Upvote (+1) 2

being able to call out while shooting

This is the main difference i see that creates the gap between the AMs and PROs. 

Yeah I heard Naded tell his team that even with one dead on the other team they should be thinking "cap". Was an earlier series though, not the finals.

I think Prototype and str8 sick will learn a lot from Naded and t2.

Also, if that g4g event becomes HCS sanctioned then that pretty much rules out Final Boss returning one last time. 2gre most likely would stay on CLG if it becomes a HCS event. Hopefully the announcement is about FB returning instead.

Yeah I can see them gaining a lot if experience through Str8 and if they ever do part ways they'll be a great and even more respected duo for sure.

@@Teapot

I figured it's because Halo 3, even more so than Halo 2, became all about team shooting rather than going off on your own with individual skill. Also it's still good to know where everyone on the other team is at.

Naded is very intense with his call outs but if you were watching his stream the entire time during the tournament I have this sense that his intensity makes him play better and his teammates play better.

I know when I listen to him scream and see him destroy I feel indestructible myself.

Edit: To add more to this I also swear there have been interviews where people have said that when they're versing Naded and they hear him starting to shout like that you know he's going to be almost impossible to beat 1 on 1. In a way its intimidating.

its so funny how different players have different "in the zone faces", like Strongside looking like he's a totally zoned out zombie just mouth open and eyes glazed over when he's on fire, Walshy had a "twitch" type of thing he did with his mouth when he was in the zone, Ogre 2 will just start shaking his head like "No way, not on my level" after a big play, and then some guys like Naded and Roy will just start yelling "FOUR" and getting all TURNT when they catch fire.  :P

The amount of trash-talk compared to the MLG days seems to be noticeably lower at ESL/IG events however, or maybe that is just because of how the events are set-up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

its so funny how different players have different "in the zone faces", like Strongside looking like he's a totally zoned out zombie just mouth open and eyes glazed over when he's on fire, Walshy had a "twitch" type of thing he did with his mouth when he was in the zone, Ogre 2 will just start shaking his head like "No way, not on my level" after a big play, and then some guys like Naded and Roy will just start yelling "FOUR" and getting all TURNT when they catch fire. :P

The amount of trash-talk compared to the MLG days seems to be noticeably lower at ESL/IG events however, or maybe that is just because of how the events are set-up.

Ahh the days of hearing Defy yelling "Idiot!"

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ahh the days of hearing Defy yelling "Idiot!"

That's my favorite Halo trashtalk. Simple and you don't waste much breath.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Impressive that Str8 won that getting outslayed so hard off host. Warlock is such a host dominant map. Lockout and Sanc can be won with rockets and snipe but the offhost beam and shotgun both work horribly when your across the country, lol. Very good win.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's my favorite Halo trashtalk. Simple and you don't waste much breath.

Me too. I always stick with the "Trash!" "Eaaasy!" "Idiot!". My longest is probably "Smart plays bud!" or "You're shit bud"

There's one used by a lot of the Western Canadian players i know. "Squid"... I've never understood it, but if you lose to some west coast Canadian guys, you may be called a Squid. lol.

There's one used by a lot of the Western Canadian players i know. "Squid"... I've never understood it, but if you lose to some west coast Canadian guys, you may be called a Squid. lol.

tumblr_m8ubn6z8ir1qfyd25o1_500.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

At AGL 8 my brother (Graphic) out br'd some kid while one shot. Stood up and said "you going to shoot me?". Kid's face got super red and it was hilarious because we all just stopped and looked up for a sec or two because it was so unexpected and hilarious. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Snipedowns "Why are you challenging me?!" from IG is my new favorite. So classy and implies that the peasant should not challenge the king.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Squidbilly Jim is fucking hilarious to hear.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gandhi was the GOAT pro gamer trash-talker though undisputed in one of the most brutal trash-talking games of all time(comp H2), I mean some of the stuff that was said back then at events would prob get u a technical/DQ'd from play today. "Why do you play this game?" "Tom look at me, I thought u said you were going to 3-0 us? Tom,look at me nobodys around." "Smart play Walsh, its cool I like free kills." Gandhi giving Str8 Rippin Toilet paper after they beat them on main-stage just cemented his goat trash-talker status. :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gammage, Precision and I need 1 for UGC St. Louis and HCS Cup #3. We placed top 32 with a pick-up 4th in HCS Cup #2. Ended up losing 2-1 for Top 16. We have a pass and a place to stay. We're also having a LAN in St. Louis on Jan 1 for whoever wants to come and crash there.

Hit me up on twitter for an immediate response @nickhobbes. Xbl gt: nick hobbes

Gammage, Precision and I need 1 for UGC St. Louis and HCS Cup #3. We placed top 32 with a pick-up 4th in HCS Cup #2. Ended up losing 2-1 for Top 16. We have a pass and a place to stay. We're also having a LAN in St. Louis on Jan 1 for whoever wants to come and crash there.

Hit me up on twitter for an immediate response @nickhobbes. Xbl gt: nick hobbes

where are y'all LANning at? My team had a LAN on the first but I think it got cancelled so we're looking for another one

where are y'all LANning at? My team had a LAN on the first but I think it got cancelled so we're looking for another one

It's at a house about 15 minutes away from the venue.