CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's kind of annoying that the worst map(imo) has the most gametypes.

Wait....what??? Warlord is plays much better than both shrine and lockdown

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cloud 9 has really impressed me. They seem like the team that, if they catch fire, is just unstoppable. You have on that team seasoned veterans who have competed and won at the highest level before. All four players can go off at anytime. I don't know that they'll be beating CLG and EG every event, but they're definitely good enough to contend and upset.

@@MarcusQuintus I'll post in the tv thread 

Long con lmao, makes me think of Sawyer from lost. I just thought you should know that.

spoilers!  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why can't we just play on classic Halo 2? I really hate seeing the same maps over and over again.

Because H2A is 343's game and anything that has to do with Bungie's HCE-H3(aka the best/most successful Halo's) is a relic to them from the looks of it moving forward. H2 in 06/07' is ten times the tournament game H2A will ever be unfortunately...but its just a segway until H5 saves the day right?

God I am grateful that devs like Bioware dont work that way.

Dragon Age Origins(H1+H2)= Amazing unique tactical combat, TONS of player choice to min-max character stats/tactics/party composition, deep character development, deep loot system, Great challenge, high critic/consumer reviews.

Dragon Age 2(Reach+H4)= Button smasher with new emphasis on gimmicky abilities in combat, removes tons of tactical/character choices for greater accessibility, lower critic/consumer reviews. DAO fans mostly disapprove of the changes citing a dumbed down combat system and less player choice leading to lower replayability(skill-gap in Halo's case).

Dragon Age Inquisition= The best parts of DAO and DA2 put together with a bigger world, new features, deeper crafting/rune system, return of old characters and tactical overlay, and the right balance of tactical and action gameplay. GOTY winner of the the first Game Awards and PC Gamer's Best Single player game 2014.

H5=????

That is how its done 343, you dont forget the fan favorite games/roots and continue to build off DA2 and forget DAO(the roots) ignoring all DAO fans feedback. That is what has happened to Halo MP with Reach+H4 and H5 from the looks of it appears to be building off Reach+H4/CoD AW more than H1-H3. Ogre 2 calling it a "mixture of Reach+H4", and saying it "Doesn't feel like a Halo game" and rage-quitting after 3 games to play Halo CE is not a good sign. Walshy had mixed reviews from what I saw tonight saying he still dislikes sprint and the feel of the weapons(ADS in particular), these are the fans(the veteran core Halo MP fan-base) H5 NEEDS to satisfy more than worrying about getting fringe CoD players to jump in for 2 weeks who will go back to CoD when Blackops 3 comes out.

Whole final season wasn't executed well imo. 

C9 looks in control right now

Dexter went downhill after they killed off Doakes. Season 4 was a good season, but everything after that was complete and utter shit. They had new writers and every episode was fan fiction tier bullshit. Also you guys are crazy if you think the LOST ending was bad.

Walshy said that there is going to be a major announcement today. I asked him if he could hint at all about what it was and he wouldn't say anything except that he was talking with gamers outreach last Friday. I'm guessing what Heinz and others were thinking earlier is right, and the announcement is going to be that the Gamers for Giving event in February is going to be an HCS sanctioned LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Congrats to Denial for beating CLG. I had them as legit dark horses at IG and was shocked they placed so low. This is more like it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I watched that game 3 from Snip3down's POV, saw them out slaying Str8 but not focusing on the OBJ. Watching Naded and seeing how they're all focused on getting caps is awesome. Naded always is so intense. It gets the blood flowing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sucks for Pistola man, I would feel bad if I was in his position but he shouldn't have to do all that alone. Didn't know he used lots of his earnings from gaming to help his family out what a nice guy. Deserves any donation he's gonna get. 

I watched that game 3 from Snip3down's POV, saw them out slaying Str8 but not focusing on the OBJ. Watching Naded and seeing how they're all focused on getting caps is awesome. Naded always is so intense. It gets the blood flowing.

Yeah I heard Naded tell his team that even with one dead on the other team they should be thinking "cap". Was an earlier series though, not the finals.

I think Prototype and str8 sick will learn a lot from Naded and t2.

Also, if that g4g event becomes HCS sanctioned then that pretty much rules out Final Boss returning one last time. 2gre most likely would stay on CLG if it becomes a HCS event. Hopefully the announcement is about FB returning instead.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Walshy said that there is going to be a major announcement today. I asked him if he could hint at all about what it was and he wouldn't say anything except that he was talking with gamers outreach last Friday. I'm guessing what Heinz and others were thinking earlier is right, and the announcement is going to be that the Gamers for Giving event in February is going to be an HCS sanctioned LAN.

Interesting thought.

He's said on his stream that it's not Halo related. 

Anyone feel like the intensity on call-outs and communication creates a sense of confusion? or maybe there's too much intensity to actually respond to your teammates situations? I felt like naded was calling out like a beast, but I rarely saw him respond to his teammates as he stayed more focused on the kill in front of him. Yes, it could have been the right thing to do in every situation, but regardless I heard plenty of horrible call-outs from him on Warlord. There must have been 5 "one shot" people he called out that weren't one shot. He called out that he was killing camo guy somewhere, and as soon as that guy died he noticed camo was still up and someone else was about to pick it up.

I understand warlord isn't a very calm, strategic map. I think they work themselves up to a point where it's hard to focus though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone feel like the intensity on call-outs and communication creates a sense of confusion? or maybe there's too much intensity to actually respond to your teammates situations? I felt like naded was calling out like a beast, but I rarely saw him respond to his teammates as he stayed more focused on the kill in front of him.

Best form of communication IMO, is not talking but listening. If you listen to your teammates' callouts and then take kills or assists, is a great way of communication. You don't necessarily need to respond to someone's callout. Again, imo.

Yeah, its the fact that we have a collaboration with the University of Michigan’s C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital of Ann Arbor, Michigan to facilitate more than three hundred Xbox 360 gaming consoles in every patient’s room throughout the hospital’s facilities. Its a huge rewarding process, so every room in the hospital will now have an Xbox 360 for the children. For more information you can find out here, including some photos :)http://gamersoutreach.org/xbox-consoles-for-mott/

Wow! That's awesome!

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can tell Naded always puts 100 percent into every game, which can make him unpredictable at times as sometimes his emotion causes him to lose control and make poor decisions. But alot of the times because of that constant high intensity/effort he ends up leading his teams in kills and communication by the end of the game. Gotta respect veteran pros who still want it as much as Naded and Ogre 2 do being cornerstones of the scene after all these years.

I think naded just really wants to win a tournament. I wonder if he will retire after he wins won. Like immediately walk off the stage like fuck it I'm out. Peace bitches.

• Upvote (+1) 1