CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Please do us all a favour and stop posting.

I'm sorry but I take issues like that very seriously. The fact that Ola has to pay that much just to have a working hand disgusts me. I find it to be morally and practically reprehensible and it certainly wouldn't happen in my country.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Someone needs to explain the health insurance options to Justin.  Some people have mentioned a few things previously that are important with the implementation of the Affordable Care Act (Obama Care).  I am a director at a health insurance company with quite a bit of exposure to the industry and the new law.

As previously mentioned, if you're 26 or under you can be covered by your parents if they claim you as a dependent.  http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/faqs/faq-dependentcoverage.html.  I'm not aware of his parents situation, but they should be covered by something whether they're employed or not.  Either medicare, medicaid, or commercial coverage.  It will just depend on which state they reside in, their income, and age.

If dependent coverage is not an option, there are many other options for Justin.  Another new wrinkle of the Affordable Care Act is the "Pre-Existing Condition" provision that forces insurance companies to cover you regardless of prior illness or condition.  https://www.healthcare.gov/health-care-law-protections/pre-existing-conditions/.  So it doesn't matter that the injury occured prior to coverage, if he gets insurance it will be covered.

The best route for individual coverage if he's not covered through his parents is to go to through the Health Benefit Exchange.  The webiste is https://www.healthcare.gov/.  Depending on which State you live in, you'll either have a State-run website for insurance or go through the Federal website.  If Justin enters his information into the federal site, it will re-direct him to his State's site if applicable. 

The Health Benefit Exchange coverage offers premium assistance in the form of real-time tax credits that reduce your monthly payment for coverage depending on your income.  https://www.healthcare.gov/lower-costs/save-on-monthly-premiums/ The amount of tax credit is again based on income.  Even if his tax credits are zero because he made too much income, paying for monthly health insurance will cost much less than the surgery will. 

You can freely enroll in the Health Benefit Exchage during the Open Enrollment period which is currently underway until February 15th.  https://www.healthcare.gov/marketplace-deadlines/2015/

If he wants to see a certain provider, he can shop around for options to make sure the carrier includes his provider in their network.  Going out-of-network will cost more money. 

There is really no reason for anyone to pay out-of-pocket with no inurance for a surgery of that expense.  Maybe someone will read this and forward him the information to save some money! 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Ill be honest I have never been one to give someone money for trying to raise money to build a computer or other personal wants, but Pistola absolutely deserves all of this money to be raised for his operation and I will be personally donating to his campaign with whatever I can afford right now.  :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ill be honest I have never been one to give someone money for trying to raise money to build a computer or other personal wants, but Pistola absolutely deserves all of this money to be raised and I will be personally donating to his campaign with whatever I can afford right now. :)

Why doesn't he just get Medicaid....

If his income is basically nothing he will get approved and it'll probably get covered

I thought Obamacare was supposed to cover younger people without insurance. Can someone ELI5 why he can't get covered?

He should fly to Europe or Asia, there are some very reputable places that would probably do it for like an 8th of the cost. Heaps of people do it for surgeries and dental work etc.

Did anybody watch the C9/BtH series? If so what was the series final?

people in ninja's chat are saying 2-0 cloud 9.

Str8 is about to play Optic. EG plays the winner of that.

Cloud 9 plays the winner of Denial vs CLG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought Obamacare was supposed to cover younger people without insurance. Can someone ELI5 why he can't get covered?

If his parents had insurance he could use their insurance but apparently they don't

Which I find odd considering they are disabled...

Honestly, I don't want to be that guy but it seems a little suspicious

Naded with most hill time and most positive (+8) in Game 1 against Optic.

Str8 up 1-0 in the Series.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What officially happened to Ola ?

He fractured his pinky because he punched something out of anger. He thought EG lost to CLG because of him during the finals. He needs to get a surgery and that will cost around 17k. He is not able to play until that is fixed.

Denial with the 2-0 on CLG.

Won it with confidence too. First game was koth warlord which they won 224-114 and lockdown ts was 50-33.

#FreeMidship

Tired of seeing the same 3 maps, Lockdown TS is either a quick blow-out or a slow nail-biter every-time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

He fractured his pinky because he punched something out of anger. He thought EG lost to CLG because of him during the finals. He needs to get a surgery and that will cost around 17k. He is not able to play until that is fixed.

Wow, that makes me so sad... definitely going to be donating to help. Wizard needs to be back doing what he does best.

Won it with confidence too. First game was koth warlord which they won 224-114 and lockdown ts was 50-33.

Watching Naded now. SO HYPE SO INTENSE

Denial with the 2-0 on CLG.

Wow. Missed it; was out. Was CLG just having a bad day, or has Denial really stepped up its game?

Is this tournament going to drag into the early morning again?

No semi finals are about to start. Well If you live in Europe it is going into early morning again.

Wow. Missed it; was out. Was CLG just having a bad day, or has Denial really stepped up its game?

Both I think.

Man, that really sucks for Ola. Does he really have to pay for that surgery out of his pocket? That's rough. How does that work in the U.S? I'm guessing he didn't have some sort of health insurance?

Well, good luck to him. Hopefully it all goes well.  

Str8 just 2-0'd Optic.

So, EG plays Str8 and Cloud 9 plays Denial. 

Expecting a EG vs Cloud 9 finals.