CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I agree that the bracket situation is messed up, but Reality Check (basically just Sudd's) always find some reason to complain. Deep down you kind of want to feel bad for them, then you see the way they handle everything, and then you immediately don't. 

If they want to be the best, they need to beat the best (or better). They're literally afraid to play Str8, when they shouldn't be (if they wanna claim to be the "best" team).

Oh, and Sudd 2 dropped a 9-26... That doesn't help....ever.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It really depends on his situation honestly, but yes hospital/surgery bills can be that expensive if not more. I've read things like how just ambulance rides can cost thousands without any insurance. When I was 16 I had broken my leg rather badly playing rugby and it wasn't until last year did I finish paying off the bills.

Damn. Really isnt worth not having insurance then. Is the insurance policy expensive?

Roy just said on his stream that they have not technically dropped Ola, but he will not be able to play for months due to personal reasons. They plan to keep Lethul as a team mate for the long run and will not be picking up Ola again.

I was really excited for the EG squad with Ola so hopefully he comes back eventually. Still waiting on the official statement from EG.

To be honest, there are only two reasons why Reality Check did soo well in the first online qualifier.

1.) Contra and Devon carried

2.) Reality Check was like the only team that actually LAN'ed that event. They were all in a gaming house. Most other teams and players weren't doing that. That's actually kind of a big deal when it comes to online events.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

In Sudd2 defense, Cass and Cole are pure slayers. It would be really hard to get a kill with them on your team, lol. Oh and they were playing Str8 who are easily some of the best talent ever.

Damn. Really isnt worth not having insurance then. Is the insurance policy expensive?

My situation was a crazy one and wasn't just a simple break. It was under my families insurance at the time and my father has some pretty good coverage, it's just the cost of health care is so ridiculous that insurance barely covers it. It's a confusing topic because of how many variables there are.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In Sudd2 defense, Cass and Cole are pure slayers. It would be really hard to get a kill with them on your team, lol. Oh and they were playing Str8 who are easily some of the best talent ever.

Juicyfruit played, not sure if thats another tag or another player

http://evilgeniuses.gg/Read/483,Halo-Roster-Change/

Today, the Evil Geniuses Halo team announces a change in its roster for the Halo Championship Series (HCS). Following the Iron Gaming Columbus event, Justin "iGotUrPistola" Deese, was involved in an accident which resulted in a fracture of the pinky on his right hand. After consulting a physician and weighing his options, Deese has elected to have surgery. Unfortunately, even the most optimistic estimates put his recovery time at 60-90 days, forcing he squad to find a replacement to continue competing in HCS.

• 66-avatar.jpg
    Snipedown

In what will go down as the most depressing moment in any of my teammates or my gaming career, we wish our great friend Justin "iGotUrPistola" Deese a speedy and healthy recovery to his unfortunate injury. There is so much more that could be said, but just know that not only us but the entire Halo community is here for you. We always have been. We love you Justin.

After much internal discussion, the team offered the final spot on the roster to Tony "Lxthl" Campbell Jr., which he accepted, forfeiting his position with his former team, Believe the Hype. Campbell Jr. will begin practicing and competing with the Evil Geniuses roster effective immediately.|

• 70-avatar.jpg
    Lxthl

I'm really excited to be able to join the Evil Geniuses Halo roster. This situation is unfrotunate, but i hope to help the rest of the guys make the best of it. I have competed against these guys for years and it will be great to finally get to team with all of them. Also, I'm excited to finally be on and represent an organization of the calibur of Evil Geniuses and will definitely be trying to make the most of this opportunity.

EDIT: Roy confirmed they are starting a Gofund to help with the 17k bill.

Also would be nice for everyone to wish him a speedy recovery @iGotUrPistola  #TheGOAT

• Upvote (+1) 7

I hope there are some more trashtalk wars between Snipedown and Lethul.

Following the Iron Gaming Columbus event, Justin "iGotUrPistola" Deese, was involved in an accident which resulted in a fracture of the pinky on his right hand

So was the accident his hand punching the ground?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So was the accident his hand punching the ground?

Naded just said that that accident was in fact him punching the ground after they lost at IG. Apparently Pistola had his hand wrapped towards the end of that weekend. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Courtesy of Towey's twitter:

B5aV19RCEAEFSx7.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Sundance donated a large chunk of money towards this cause. 

Despite what many feel about MLG and their relationship with Halo, he's always been a solid dude for backing professional players. On a smaller scale, he purchased an Xbox One bundle with game and everything for Ogre 1 so he could play MCC for fun. 

• Upvote (+1) 3