CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Even if EG prove to be successful with Lethul? I'm not so sure about that.

Lets say hypothetically EG with Lethul win some of the upcoming events and online tourneys. Even with knowing that Ola is Ola, why would they decide to drop Lethul after reaching success with him. This is all hypothetical by the way.

Of course we don't even know what the announcement will be yet.

I still think they would switch back. Lethul would also have a say in it and something tells me he wouldn't want to stay on EG. Could be way off here but personality wise I don't see him meshing well. I know winning is always a game changer but I think the EG guys are committed to the team they have. Unless lethul comes in and is Tom Brady (making Ola Drew Bledsoe) I don't think it will last.

Does any one know at what time the tournament starts?

Start time: Today, 21 Dec 2014 20:00 CET

Check in time: Today, 21 Dec 2014 19:30 CET

Late sign up: Today, 21 Dec 2014 19:45 CET

• Upvote (+1) 1

From Ninja's stream (all speculation until confirmed)

Ola needs surgery on his hand, Surgery costs $20k, no health insurance to pay. There'll be a fundraiser to help pay for it.

uh, is there any backing for the claim that Pistola broke his hand except for some guy trying to be funny in a Twitch chat typing "ibrokemyfistola"?

Not yet.

They were going to release the statement early today. Idk bout you guys but 3 in the afternoon ain't early.  :goldenboy:

If Pistola is simply an available free agent, I know he would be an extremely sought after free agent. I like the current Str8 Rippin, but picking up Ola would be a no braier IMO.

uh, is there any backing for the claim that Pistola broke his hand except for some guy trying to be funny in a Twitch chat typing "ibrokemyfistola"?

Both Ninja and Mikwen have said it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm getting the information on Pistola breaking his hand from Ninjas stream. He's on a call with his team and I believe either Victory or FiS had said they talked to Towey and that 'Ola can't compete.

The story is that Pistola either broke or seriously injured his hand punching the ground after losing the Finals at IG (this is the part of the story that I'm not entirely sure about and even if it is the case I'm not sure it will be confirmed). They went on to say that he needs surgery which will be roughly $20,000 and that Pistola doesn't have insurance and can't afford to pay for the surgery.

Apparently there are plans to raise money for Pistola and Ninja has said he will use his stream to help raise money.

That's what I've gathered so far. Again none of this is not confirmed yet so we'll just have to wait until it is.

From Ninja's stream (all speculation until confirmed)

Ola needs surgery on his hand, Surgery costs $20k, no health insurance to pay. There'll be a fundraiser to help pay for it.

Not to get too personal here but how does he not have health insurance? I mean I don't either but I didn't just win 75k

• Upvote (+1) 2

Really hope Pistola ok and everything works out for him.

Surprised EG hasn't made an announcement yet, the roster locks are in and Lxthul now on the team until February.

Season 1 has two transfer periods.

• Transfer period #1 is between the end of HCS Cup #1 (December 7, 2014) and the beginning of HCS Cup #2 (December 21, 2014)
  • Transfer period #2 is between the end of HCS Cup #5 (February 1, 2015) and the beginning of HCS Cup #6 (February 8, 2015)

All team changes must be submitted to an ESL Admin for approval via a support ticket. Team changes must be requested 24 hours before a cup begins.

I'm all for donating for a good cause but if the story is true, I'm not giving a cent to someone who broke his hand in anger by punching the ground. Sucks he doesn't have insurance, but I guess we're his insurance?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If this is true he just needs to sign up for the affordable care act, I believe its still open enrollment currently.

It is and I'm an agent. Can enroll him myself. It wouldn't be active til February

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lunchbox just said on stream " Ola should be back, we dont no when. He shouldnt be done gaming but you'll know the full story when we announce it."

signing up for insurance after you sustain an injury? Don't know how legal that is...

Its completely legal...that was one of the main points of the affordable care act, not rejecting because of pre exhisting conditions.

Its completely legal...that was one of the main points of the affordable care act, not rejecting because of pre exhisting conditions.

do you follow dril on twitter?

I think it might be a little more complicated then that though. I never really bothered to look into it, my employer provides healthcare insurance. Although all plans available to our employer increased pretty drastically for the same coverage after the affordable care act happened, wasn't very happy about that.

I'm getting the information on Pistola breaking his hand from Ninjas stream. He's on a call with his team and I believe either Victory or FiS had said they talked to Towey and that 'Ola can't compete.

The story is that Pistola either broke or seriously injured his hand punching the ground after losing the Finals at IG (this is the part of the story that I'm not entirely sure about and even if it is the case I'm not sure it will be confirmed). They went on to say that he needs surgery which will be roughly $20,000 and that Pistola doesn't have insurance and can't afford to pay for the surgery.

Apparently there are plans to raise money for Pistola and Ninja has said he will use his stream to help raise money.

That's what I've gathered so far. Again none of this is not confirmed yet so we'll just have to wait until it is.

Excuse my ignorance as im not American, is 20k a realistic medical bill in America?

Coming from a country with universal healthcare system it's very odd to see a country without one starting to implement one.

This HCS Cup is taking a long time to start, I just wanna watch some games.

Excuse my ignorance as im not American, is 20k a realistic medical bill in America?

As another non-American someone with experience will be able to provide a better answer, in saying that though I have heard of medical bills being tens and sometimes hundreds of thousands.