CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Here's to hoping for Str8 Rippin: T2, Legit, Naded, Ryanoob.

I'm also wondering if Walshy is gonna make a team or not.

I believe Mikwen said Legit was unable to attend, which is a shame because that would be a super solid lineup
  • Upvote (+1) 1

When in doubt, team with Naded. He likes to put the stank on people.

forever missing the old H3 rosters.

would love to see the dominating 09 Triggers Down come back. Pistola, Heinz, Hysteria, SK....that is wherever SK is these days.

forever missing the old H3 rosters.

would love to see the dominating 09 Triggers Down come back. Pistola, Heinz, Hysteria, SK....that is wherever SK is these days.

I'm pretty sure I just saw SK streaming MCC the other day. I'm pretty sure on MLG.tv.

I'm pretty sure I just saw SK streaming MCC the other day. I'm pretty sure on MLG.tv.

I also asked him on twitter if he is coming back to compete in MCC and he said possibly. 

As for that tweet by T2. Isn't he being a little hypocritical? I mean we can all remember after Cbus 2011(where Str8 placed 2nd) he decided to drop Ryanoob and Naded for Elamite and Neighbor. He then proceeded to get like 16th the next event which was one of his worst placings ever I believe. He seemed to do this just because Neighbor and Elamite were his pals or for nostalgia or some shit but in the end he just fucked over Naded and Ryanoob.   

• Upvote (+1) 1

I believe Mikwen said Legit was unable to attend, which is a shame because that would be a super solid lineup

Shit, that's right, thanks for reminding me. I forget half the shit I read sometimes lol.

Honestly, I did not even check, but will the weekend HCS tournies for pro points (online) be free to enter, or do we have a link to the official hcs rule book and player manual if it;s been released? 

I could see this team forming

Darkest Hour: Gooby, Blaze, Assault, Destin

Would definitely be a team you wouldn't want to underestimate. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hope to see Ola and Roy back together again and with Snipedown holy moly that's a scary team. Still remember Snipedown being on Instinct many moons ago.

It might seem like a bad call to leave a 2nd place team, but Str8 was getting out played and out slayed by BtH. Roy's my boy and everyone knows he's a beast, but his backpack is only so big. He needs some teammates with some firepower.

I'm not sure if you remember but in the last game Roy is the reason why str8 lost. Don't get me wrong Roy is good but he wasn't backpacking the whole time, not by a long shot

Naded keeps talking like Bryan (Legit) is just out camping and out of contact. Didn't seem to have any inclination of not being able to attend the next event.

And team changes are both positive and negative for competitive halo. On one side, they do provide a lot of excitement and a lot of drama as well as a lot of hope for fans of a team, but the constant changes make it hard for Halo teams to pick up any sort of legitimate sponsor. It also takes away from rivalries and from a team's legitimacy: if you break your team up every time you don't get first, how is that putting in any sort of real effort to build and foster a quality team? And how can you have those old school rivalries if the players that made those rivalries so special aren't even on the teams that started it all?

I'd like to see HCS have a similar kind of roster lock system to the last season of Halo 3. That year, I think the last two events were locked and you had to play with the players you had chosen. Having a mid-season roster lock seems like an excellent idea to me.

Naded keeps talking like Bryan (Legit) is just out camping and out of contact. Didn't seem to have any inclination of not being able to attend the next event.

Naded+Legit are a duo I can't resist so fingers crossed

So, these are the teams all but confirmed: 

BTH - Cloud, Lxthul, aPG, Maniac

Str8 Rippin - Tsquared, RyaNoob, Naded, Str8 Sick

God Squad - Roy, Lunchbox, Pistola, Snipedown 

Confirmed teams (no talk of personnel changes):

CLG - Heinz, OGRE2, Royal 2, Snakebite

The Agency - Ninja, Hysteria, FearItSelf, VictoryX

Pairs: 

Optic - Flamesword, Ace

VWS - Mikwen, Chig

Purple Rain - Gandhi, Legion

Pending - Prototype, Aries            (sorry, but who are these guys)

YBS - LastMan, Cizzzats              (^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)

Free Agents:

Goofy

Legit

Any other players rumored to come back?

So, these are the teams all but confirmed:

BTH - Cloud, Lxthul, aPG, Maniac

Str8 Rippin - Tsquared, RyaNoob, Naded, Str8 Sick

God Squad - Roy, Lunchbox, Pistola, Snipedown

Confirmed teams (no talk of personnel changes):

CLG - Heinz, OGRE2, Royal 2, Snakebite

The Agency - Ninja, Hysteria, FearItSelf, VictoryX

Pairs:

Optic - Flamesword, Ace

VWS - Mikwen, Chig

Purple Rain - Gandhi, Legion

Pending - Prototype, Ariesdank team nam (sorry, but who are these guys)

YBS - LastMan, Cizzzatsn (^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)

Free Agents:

Goofy

Legit

Any other players rumored to come back?

Prototype was on Classic for like all of reach. Known for his FFA play. Aries was good I guess in H4.

Some players that are rumored to come back are Assault, Russo, Blaze, SK, Destin, and Reliable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@ZipCity117 Naded disappeared from the F/A but isn't on any team in your post. Just a heads up. He's definitely back to compete. 

OG should pick up Naded and Legit. Naded is good at the game, and he's hungry. You can see it in his stream. Legit because he's legit. 

Edit: I'm an idiot. He's there. 

@@ZipCity117 Naded disappeared from the F/A but isn't on any team in your post. Just a heads up. He's definitely back to compete. 

OG should pick up Naded and Legit. Naded is good at the game, and he's hungry. You can see it in his stream. Legit because he's legit. 

I put him in Str8 Rippin... just because he's been playing with T2 a lot recently.

Is this open discussion too, or just pro teams?

Also, it feels good to be back:)

Feel free to discuss.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can imagine Ola, Snipedown and Roybox teaming up because T2 was complaining about shady team changes.

I would love to see Elamite/Legit back on Str8 but that's just me...

not just you man, would love to see the entire '09 team back together again. I was really sure Snip3 would go to Str8, but with these rumors going around I understand why he's not

I put him in Str8 Rippin... just because he's been playing with T2 a lot recently.

Lol my bad, thought I had checked thoroughly enough to say something. I must have missed it anyway. 

Team change drama is a good thing in my opinion. If you take a look at any other game or sport for that matter - when a major roster change or trade happens it is insane.

Causes so many discussions and sparks major interest around the game or sport as a whole. T2 is more than likely sub-tweeting / posting because his team is probably being picked apart right now. Which is fine - but he shouldn't be saying Halo won't be successful because of it.

Call of Duty lives off of team change drama and I think we can all agree that they have been leaps and bounds ahead of any other modern day console shooter when it comes to e-sport / team popularity.

I dont think that is the reason CoD is most popular right now...

Professional Sports are completely different than Professional gaming in terms of player trading/free agency, in professional sports the player is signed to a contract with a team organization/has an agent and cant just up and leave whenever the team has a bad game. There are free agency periods and contract commitments the players most uphold if they want to get paid. When the big superstars do try to "force" their way out early and publicly let it be known they want a trade, like Dwight Howard in LA or Kevin Love with the Timberwolves recently, they are publicly maligned for it by most sports fans.

In e-sports its just a casual thing now-adays that a professional player leaves an org or team after an event/a couple events because of personal reasons or a poor placing, and most people dont bat an eye and somehow see this as empowering to the game which I disagree with. In order for e-sports and Halo to be taken seriously, T2 is right pro players/organizations need to become more professional and have penalties for the frequent merry-go-round of players that occurs after events. The most famous and successful e-sport shooter teams have been more like traditional sport teams in that they stuck together for years and built great chemistry during that time, those teams and players will always be remembered over players who are constantly jumping ship event after event. In Halo everyone remembers Ogres/Walshy, T2/Elamite/Legit, Flamesword/Enable/Assault/Ace, Roy/LBX, Gandhi/Shockwav3/Ghost/Karma because they stuck it out and built long-lasting successful teams.

need Goofy to lead a Warriors comeback

that comeback on the Pit <3

One of the greatest plays of all time! 

FUCK TD!