CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why do you guys care so much about who got the MVP award? It was community chosen, of course it's not going to be accurate. 

If the award was chosen by the players, I'm sure it would of been someone on CLG(most likely either Royal2 or 2gre). 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly don't think many of you can truly understand the absolute craziness behind the fact that OGRE 2 is still on top. I can remember vividly following his career since 2004 and spending 20 dollars for myself and multiple friends to purchase MLG's VOD back then. I used to study his gameplay fiercely. It absolutely blows my mind that I did these things over 10 years ago when, just last weekend, he won yet his latest national 4v4 Halo tournament. It is insane... absolutely insane... that someone can stay on top of an ever-evolving "sport" for that long. 2008 kids and beyond might still call him the GOAT, but only the OG's of Halo can truly appreciate just how astronomically difficult what he has accomplished (and what he continues to accomplish) is. 

*Dominates Halo CE+Halo 2 most skill-based DM-based Halo titles*

*According to Reach kids, Not as dominate as a slayer as Snipedown or Roy in Halo*  :kappa:

Please... what was FB's record against Roy/LBX's team in H2 again? Ogres would beat any current Halo pros 50-20 or worse in a Halo CE 2v2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since MVP is community chosen.. It'll probably go to a sniper.. They usually get the screen time, since most flashiest on screen. So Snipedown makes sense.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To me we need to define what MVP means. Is it the most valuable player on the winning team (ogre2 arguably brings the most "value" to CLG in that final series especially). Is it the player who played the best on the winning team (royal2). Is the player who played the best the whole tournament (maniac - best stats at least). Or is it the person who without whom the team he is one would've woefully performed much lower (possibly hysteria). I'm not sure. Snipedown was absolutely destroying but in terms of value it's be hard for him to win a MVP with so many great players. If the award is just for who was most dominant throughout the whole course of the tournament you have a strong argument for snipedown. He was extremely impressive. The way I view MVP though would be who provided the game changing "value" to the team who won the tournament. I'd say probably royal2 with ogre2 being a close 2nd.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

wtvr man, you've been a known ogre2 hater for years now

I'm glad someone remembers me.

I don't hate Ogre though. I just don't see him as some almighty messiah of video games that's on another plane from every other pro.

Contra's clan tag is "free agent" so I think that he and devonator really did leave the sudds.

He's also in a custom right now with Devon, Arkanum and randa. Playing against what looks to be dynasty with goofy, tizoxic, reliable and Blaze.

Not so sure about randa but if contra and devonator team with Arkanum I think they would be much better off than with the sudds tbh.

bravo made tweet about looking into the red/blue side issue on Bomb Shrine, looking at lockdown TS, and ball

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Personally, I think the community voted MVP made sense because of the situation.

Had it been given to a player who won the event I would have given it to Royal 2. He played so damn good all weekend and came up clutch so many times.

While Snipedown played amazing as well I would loved to see Hysteria get voted in. He was the tank of Cloud 9.

I can't wait for UGC!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Personally, I think the community voted MVP made sense because of the situation.

Had it been given to a player who won the event I would have given it to Royal 2. He played so damn good all weekend and came up clutch so many times.

While Snipedown played amazing as well I would loved to see Hysteria get voted in. He was the tank of Cloud 9.

I can't wait for UGC!

I can't wait to see you cast.

You really are improving man. Keep it up!

Contra's clan tag is "free agent" so I think that he and devonator really did leave the sudds.

He's also in a custom right now with Devon, Arkanum and randa. Playing against what looks to be dynasty with goofy, tizoxic, reliable and Blaze.

Not so sure about randa but if contra and devonator team with Arkanum I think they would be much better off than with the sudds tbh.

They would be a dangerous squad for sure. Although personally, I think Arkanum deserves better. Predevonator should remake his reach team (at least partially) with Sargoth. They were very good.

I feel Snipedown won MVP due to the timing of the voting. You could vote from before the series began but it closed very quickly after it finished to quickly get the announcement out there. Had it not been open until later in the series I feel the votes would have favoured a CLG player.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Tubmas Max Randa, not Dillon Randa, was a very good player in the H3 days. He was a top 16 caliber competitor. His decision making and shot is a lot better than the Sudds imo. He could be a great OBJ player while Arkanum, Devon and Cntra just turn loose.

Suddoth 1 needs to go solo.

I agree. He is actually a pretty good player and I think getting away from his brother would help him in other areas as well.

MVP should be voted by players and/or commentators at the event.  they have the best view of the game.

at home we only get to see what the stream shows + stats at the end.

• Upvote (+1) 1

neither of the suddoths are anywhere near good enough where they should be teaming with contra and devon

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Still actively looking for a team to play in all the ESL and PGL online stuff. Can't travel untill the end of February though...

Can play any time, all day. Am available every Sunday for ESL cups.

Message me here or on twitter.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I feel Snipedown won MVP due to the timing of the voting. You could vote from before the series began but it closed very quickly after it finished to quickly get the announcement out there. Had it not been open until later in the series I feel the votes would have favoured a CLG player.

This. He just went bananas against Optic (almost called them SQ) on Lockdown and that's why he got MVP over Royal 2, who deserved it in my opinion.

And that is coming from an EG fan.

• Upvote (+1) 1