CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yes, it can be easily argued that Ogre 2 is the greatest of all time due to his consistent success across all Halo games. However, there is no fucking way he was MVP for that tournament. Doing relatively well in one series does not constitute MVP when Snipedown, Royal 2, Snakebite, and Roy are dismantling the entire enemy team singlehandedly across many games throughout the tournament. Ogre 2 does not do that.

Ogre 2 could crouch in the back of Sanctuary the whole game and you weirdo fanboys would say he's doing some strategic GOAT tactic. He is a great player and his contributions to teams are not always made visible through stats. There is just no way he deserved MVP and the fact that so many of you think so is a prime example of how so many people in this community always flock to the majority opinion for some reason (rep?)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Epicborough Keep should be considered for the settings as well. Its a pretty good looking map considering it was made in forge and could work for TS or koth. 

Orion for TS or koth would be nice as well and so would Lockdown ball.  

Oddball won't work because you can literally throw the ball across the map. Unless we get a fix I don't think we'll be seeing Oddball.

Lockout TS needs to go and be replaced by oddball lockout the spawns are just awful and the red team has such a significant advantage over the blue team as it is very easy to trap them bottom blue.

The spawns might not be such a massive influence in oddball and besides it would be far more exciting than lockout ts is far too standoffish as teams are terrified of being trapped bottom blue by the awful spawn system 

Plus their are so many strategies for oddball back br tower/library, s2 or the infamous final boss green room strategy ha im getting excited just thinking about it lol 

PLEASE ADD IT INTO ROTATION

Never mind didnt realize you could throw the oddball in hcc ffs 343 really...........

Uhm, no you can't throw the Oddball in H2A like in H4. Yes, you can throw it a tiny bit further than just dropping it, but it's only like 2-3 metres in front of you. Nothing like H4 at all. Oddball works perfectly fine in H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yes, it can be easily argued that Ogre 2 is the greatest of all time due to his consistent success across all Halo games. However, there is no fucking way he was MVP for that tournament. Doing relatively well in one series does not constitute MVP when Snipedown, Royal 2, Snakebite, and Roy are dismantling the entire enemy team singlehandedly across many games throughout the tournament. Ogre 2 does not do that.

Ogre 2 could crouch in the back of Sanctuary the whole game and you weirdo fanboys would say he's doing some strategic GOAT tactic. He is a great player and his contributions to teams are not always made visible through stats. There is just no way he deserved MVP and the fact that so many of you think so is a prime example of how so many people in this community always flock to the majority opinion for some reason (rep?)

kids these day will just care for stats and k/d... you know that ogre 2 is not a main slayer?

Uhm, no you can't throw the Oddball in H2A like in H4. Yes, you can throw it a tiny bit further than just dropping it, but it's only like 2-3 metres in front of you. Nothing like H4 at all. Oddball works perfectly fine in H2A.

ffs now i have to change my statement again 

sorry i have not purchased hcc yet due to the glaring problems and was under the impression the throwing mechanic was removed but someone said otherwise and i assumed he was more knowledgeable than I who doesn't own the game (silly me)

but yeah then i feel lockout oddball would be far more competitive and exciting to watch then lockout ts which is blatantly broken  plus for me anyway it would be so cool to see a team execute the green room strat again lol memories

Can we really remove Lockdown TS and limit ourselves to 2 TS gametypes only?

I say add Camo somewhere, tweak some spawns and get the F over it. Lockout is perhaps the most well-known map in the franchise, fans are always going to want more Lockout. Removing it and playing 2 maps over and over wont go down well.

Ball on Lockdown definitely needs to be added though, and can we please get a forge map that has at least some aesthetic focus? Yes the map has to play well, but highlighter sand blocks everywhere is just embarrassing

• Upvote (+1) 4

I would prefer they remove Lockdown King a thousand times over for Lockdown ball than for Lockdown TS. King is just so random on that map.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not a huge fan of lockdown ts, but it has its moments. Plus, you can't only have two ts maps. Not going to happen.

Can we really remove Lockdown TS and limit ourselves to 2 TS gametypes only?

I say add Camo somewhere, tweak some spawns and get the F over it. Lockout is perhaps the most well-known map in the franchise, fans are always going to want more Lockout. Removing it and playing 2 maps over and over wont go down well.

Ball on Lockdown definitely needs to be added though, and can we please get a forge map that has at least some aesthetic focus? Yes the map has to play well, but highlighter sand blocks everywhere is just embarrassing

OBJ takes way more skill than TS, though. Obviously keep TS for the casual viewer, but I wouldn't be opposed to a new map or two playing TS and keeping it at 3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I second Orion, I haven't played the H2A version but I remember the h4 and it was dope af. Please lets add static timers to all game types. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Saying that "so many" people think Ogre 2 was MVP is a clue that you're overreacting. Big time. Maybe one or two people might have said Ogre 2 should have been MVP, but most haven't been saying that. Because it simply isn't true. But honestly, I'm tired of posts like these. I see more people saying shit like "Ogre 2 is overrated" then I see of people actually overrating him. Everyone knows he's the GOAT. Rarely do I see statements like "Ogre 2 is the best player in the game right now".

So really, posts like yours are actually flailing at air. It's both pathetic and hilarious.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ogre 2 could crouch in the back of Sanctuary the whole game and you weirdo fanboys would say he's doing some strategic GOAT tactic.

If he did that, his teams would lose and there would be no GOAT discussion. Whatever it is that he is doing is obviously contributing toward winning. Just because you don't understand his contributions doesn't mean they aren't a big factor. This is the player who was teaching Pistola how to play 4v4 when they first started teaming in 2010 (this was from Ola himself). Given that fact, it stands to reason there are probably things he adds to the team that randoms on some web forum don't understand.

His placings speak for themselves.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Saying that "so many" people think Ogre 2 was MVP is a clue that you're overreacting. Big time. Maybe one or two people might have said Ogre 2 should have been MVP, but most haven't been saying that. Because it simply isn't true. But honestly, I'm tired of posts like these. I see more people saying shit like "Ogre 2 is overrated" then I see of people actually overrating him. Everyone knows he's the GOAT. Rarely do I see statements like "Ogre 2 is the best player in the game right now".

So really, posts like yours are actually flailing at air. It's both pathetic and hilarious.

Ogre 2 is the best player in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't know who exactly is over at 343 but having GH057ayame work on the competitive settings seems like common sense. He's played at the highest level and was regarded as one of the smartest players in the game and has experience working on the gametypes for 343. I don't know how likely it is to happen though.

If he did that, his teams would lose and there would be no GOAT discussion. Whatever it is that he is doing is obviously contributing toward winning. Just because you don't understand his contributions doesn't mean they aren't a big factor. This is the player who was teaching Pistola how to play 4v4 when they first started teaming in 2010 (this was from Ola himself). Given that fact, it stands to reason there are probably things he adds to the team that randoms on some web forum don't understand.

His placings speak for themselves.

I don't disagree with much of what you said, my problem is with arguing he should've been given MVP, or that he should've even been considered.

I'm not making it up. There were numerous people saying Ogre 2 should've been given MVP, some felt pretty strongly about it.

I don't disagree with much of what you said, my problem is with arguing he should've been given MVP, or that he should've even been considered.

I'm not making it up. There were numerous people saying Ogre 2 should've been given MVP, some felt pretty strongly about it.

One could make a case he was the MVP in the series vs EG, or Co-MVP to Royal 2. Definitely the most clutch player in a very close series as many people have pointed out. He is not getting snipe off spawn like Royal 2 or Snipedown are either.

Ogre 2 tweeted he thought Royal 2 should of been mvp.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly don't think many of you can truly understand the absolute craziness behind the fact that OGRE 2 is still on top. I can remember vividly following his career since 2004 and spending 20 dollars for myself and multiple friends to purchase MLG's VOD back then. I used to study his gameplay fiercely. It absolutely blows my mind that I did these things over 10 years ago when, just last weekend, he won yet his latest national 4v4 Halo tournament. It is insane... absolutely insane... that someone can stay on top of an ever-evolving "sport" for that long. 2008 kids and beyond might still call him the GOAT, but only the OG's of Halo can truly appreciate just how astronomically difficult what he has accomplished (and what he continues to accomplish) is. 

• Upvote (+1) 2