CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

He can leave the crazy aggressive slaying to Hysteria, as his stats tell the story of how well he played over the weekend.

Hysteria's stats are nice, but they are majorly fluffed by clean-up kills....clean-up kills that are largely enabled by Ninja's playstyle (14 assists per game - second behind only APG).  The best statistical performer on C9 was actually Victory with his impressive 1.88 Kills+Assists per Death ratio.  In that same metric Hysteria is sitting at 1.79 for the tournament, which is explained by the fact that he had the least amount of Assists on the team, and considering that he had the second most deaths, his low assists weren't the result of him playing passive or anything.

As I stated previously; Ninja has really become almost like a poor-man's APG in the way that he plays.  To no surprise they are the top two players in Assists-per-Game (which is ironically APG's username trollolol).  APG also had the most deaths on his team.  You know what is even more scary? Their Deaths-per-Game were virtually identical.  The main difference is that APG is a better overall decision maker which enables him to be in more positions where he's pickling up easy kills himself while also putting shots into everyone else.

Overall Ninja did not play poorly, albeit he still has flaws in his game.  He actually strongly outplayed guys like Legit and Naded who most on here would consider to be better players.  Legit in particular shit the bed, which really explains BTH's poor placing.  Going from Formal to Legit was a big downgrade, for this event at least (ie: I'm not saying that Legit can't or won't play better in the future).

Leaderboards is still be updated.

Good. I was wondering how CLG/EG only had 13 games when they were both in the finals, would have thought EG played the most matches of the tournament, although I guess a LB run would give you more games? 

Have only seen one person say Str8 should split up. I don't see them splitting up tbh. They only person that I think might leave is Naded.

Yeah with T2's recent dislike for team changes and Prototype and Str8Sick having most of their career on one team, I would say those 3 won't be leaving Str8. Only one that's really a question imo is Naded. But tbh I don't think he would be better off on any other team except maybe BtH instead of Legit.

As for cloud 9, they should probably stick together and iron out any communication problems and the like. Imo dropping anyone would only make them further behind the top 3 because those teams are most likely staying together. Also, it would look bad to their org if they dropped a player after one event where they didn't even have that bad of a placing.

I like how they will wish him the best of luck in the fututre. Thought that was kind of humorous. Wonder how many team changes are incoming.

I like how they will wish him the best of luck in the fututre. Thought that was kind of humorous. Wonder how many team changes are incoming.

very little with how the rules are structured

Sparkle Motion - Gammage, Hobbes, ?, ?

If anyone we know/met back in the h2/h3/reach days wants to run for St. Louis hit me up on twitter @nickhobbes. Been teaming for 5ish years now.

wanna run some games with me and a friend? been out of competitive halo other than CE for a while so I'm trying to get back into it. We can run tonight if you're down. I remember gammage from H3 and maybe dark gammage

K+A / D ratio

Str8 sick - 1.61

Naded - 1.66

Tsquared - 1.5

Prototype - 1.47

For those Tsquared doubters, he still has some competitive Halo left in the tank. Hopefully they come back strong next event.

• Upvote (+1) 2

very little with how the rules are structured

With how the rules are structured (I believe), the only time they can really make changes is right now. So if any teams are going to do it, they will be coming pretty quickly.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

With how the rules are structured (I believe), the only time they can really make changes is right now. So if any teams are going to do it, they will be coming pretty quickly.

Is this a transfer period or just something entirely different?

I think Str8 likely stays together unless Naded gets an insane offer from one of the other top teams. T2 won't go anywhere and Prototype and Str8 Sick will likely want to stick together. They definitely have some huge holes in their game (Shrine) but I think T2 and Naded are smart enough and have been around along enough to work on those things. I think in terms of skill and ability the team is fine. Now, if they don't improve after the next event or two, I definitely expect them to make move.

Just did Top 8 since it's easier, will expand to 12 soon.

Scorched Halo has 255 points

K+A / D ratio

Str8 sick - 1.61

Naded - 1.66

Tsquared - 1.5

Prototype - 1.47

For those Tsquared doubters, he still has some competitive Halo left in the tank. Hopefully they come back strong tomorrow.

Wait what is tomorrow?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did Goofy's team attend? I didn't ever see them on stream, of course I didn't watch much of it at all except the early part and then Sunday so idk

Is this a transfer period or just something entirely different?

This is directly from the handbook:

Transfer period #1 is between the end of HCS Cup #1 (December 7, 2014) and
the beginning of HCS Cup #2 (December 21, 2014)

This is the only opportunity for team changes all the way until Feb. 1st. So if teams were unhappy with how they did at IG, they only have until the 21st to make changes for UGC in January. 

So I imagine, if any teams do it, we'll know soon.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah with T2's recent dislike for team changes and Prototype and Str8Sick having most of their career on one team, I would say those 3 won't be leaving Str8. Only one that's really a question imo is Naded. But tbh I don't think he would be better off on any other team except maybe BtH instead of Legit.

As for cloud 9, they should probably stick together and iron out any communication problems and the like. Imo dropping anyone would only make them further behind the top 3 because those teams are most likely staying together. Also, it would look bad to their org if they dropped a player after one event where they didn't even have that bad of a placing.

Cloud 9 should stick together. They were better than I was expecting. And there will probably be something about staying together for most teams in their contracts with their orgs.

Holy crap, I must be so tired I didn't even notice I said that. I meant next event oops.

Haha it's okay bro. Thought for a second I would miss an online tournament or something.

Did Goofy's team attend? I didn't ever see them on stream, of course I didn't watch much of it at all except the early part and then Sunday so idk

They didn't attend. Goofy would've missed the first day and the tournament rules (not sure if IG's rules or HCS general rules) stated that if Dynasty played with someone in place of Goofy then they'd have to continue playing with that person for the remainder of the tournament. Goofy said that that's why RyaNoob left VwS/Dynasty for Denial.

The rule sounds stupid if it doesn't exclude official HCS subs though. If a team is only allowed one sub that they have to official register and the sub is bound to the same roster change restrictions as other players, then teams should be allowed to switch out between their five registered players between any series of a tournament. The current roster change rules make it so that if you change subs then that counts as your one allowed roster change between seasons; adding a sub to your roster when you don't have a sub already counts as your one roster change for the transfer period. These rules make having a sub very restricting to both the sub and the rest of the team and if the rules are going to be that strict then teams should have a little bit of liberty with when they can employ their sub.

• Upvote (+1) 1

After watching this tournament, it just makes me appreciate that much more how difficult it must have been for 07 Final Boss to win without dropping a game. Ridiculous.