Sign in to follow this  
Rolex

11/11 Spending Guidance

So I haven't gotten an XB1 yet, I'm planning on getting it in the next day or so (probably from Best Buy), and I also need to pre-order MCC so I can get the H5 beta in December. I need some help. I've been seeing on here many different things, like the XB1 is now $350, and there's deals you can get that give you free 12 months, games if you get a bundle, etc., but the posts are all over the place and finding them is proving to be pretty tough. I also don't see companies like Best Buy putting in all caps at the top of their website saying "this is how you can get the most bang for your buck (click here)"...Can someone who knows it all give me some input as to what might be the best purchase, and when? I just want to have my XB1 and MCC by 11/11. That's all I care about lol. Thanks for the help in advance. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Do you have a Microsoft store near you?

If you trade in an xbox with them they give you 100 dollars towards an xb1

So you could pick up one for 250

• Upvote (+1) 2

Depending on participating Best Buy you can Receive $150 toward an Xbox One console when you trade in a working Xbox 360 250GB or Sony PS3 Slim console. If you plan on fully going next gen this can cut your purchase down to $200 if you get the $350 bundle. As for the bundles There are 3:

- Assassins Creed bundle [$350],

- Sunset Overdive Bundle (White Xbox One) [$350]

- COD Advanced Warfare Bundle (1TB HDD) [$450]

Note that none of these bundles come with Kinect if that is important to you.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I haven't gotten an XB1 yet, I'm planning on getting it in the next day or so (probably from Best Buy), and I also need to pre-order MCC so I can get the H5 beta in December. I need some help. I've been seeing on here many different things, like the XB1 is now $350, and there's deals you can get that give you free 12 months, games if you get a bundle, etc., but the posts are all over the place and finding them is proving to be pretty tough. I also don't see companies like Best Buy putting in all caps at the top of their website saying "this is how you can get the most bang for your buck (click here)"...Can someone who knows it all give me some input as to what might be the best purchase, and when? I just want to have my XB1 and MCC by 11/11. That's all I care about lol. Thanks for the help in advance.

The default price of Xbox Ones (Kinectless) are $350. There are 3 versions of it--normal one, the Sunset Overdrive bundle and Assasins Creed bundle. All 350. At Best Buy, you can get $150 off your Xbox One if you trade in a 250GB working 360 (with a controller). 10$ off for each additional controller. The MS store will give you 100$ off the Xb1 for your 360 that is any model. Not sure about 12 months free of gold.

The default price of Xbox Ones (Kinectless) are $350. There are 3 versions of it--normal one, the Sunset Overdrive bundle and Assasins Creed bundle. All 350. At Best Buy, you can get $100 off your Xbox One if you trade in a 250GB working 360 (with a controller). 10$ off for each additional controller. The MS store will give you 100$ off the Xb1 for your 360 that is any model. Not sure about 12 months free of gold.

Best Buy will give you $150 towards a XB1 if it is a Xbox 360 S 250GB 

I craiglisted my 360 for $150, bought the One through sister in law who works at target for $350 minus a 15% discount, traded in a bunch of crap at Gamestop for way lower than I should have, ebayed my 360 Scuf for $50. Ended up with the One, AW, and MCC for around $150.

Still trying to sell an HD-PVR capture card BTW.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks guys. I think I'm just gonna go with the AC Bundle, I don't think I'm quite ready to part ways with my 360. Nobody knows anything about the free year of LIVE? 

I'm pretty sure best buy if offering the one year of xbox live for free with purchase of a Xbox one, but you have to ask when you go. They won't outright offer it. May not be a bad idea to have the ad pulled up on your phone to show your local store, or call ahead and ask if they are honoring the promotion...

For anyone that's curious I traded in my old white 60 gb P.O.S. 360 to Microsoft and received the $100 coupon. The coupon only works via Microsoft's online store. My trade in value to best buy for my 360 was $10, yes you read that right. So, my xbox one was $249.00 after the discount. Only certain bundles are available with the exchange program via Microsoft. The bundles that are available are in the link below. If a microsoft store isn't located near you, you have to ship your xbox which took about a week for me and I immediately got my coupon when they received it. Then I had to order my Xbox one and have that shipped to me. But I did get $100 off.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/list/Sports/categoryID.68054100

Microsoft is not offering the free year of live with a xbox one purchase but I was offered a one year for $40.00 which is 33% off.

tl;dr. If you have a old crappy 360 trade it into a Microsoft Store for $100, if you have a new 360 trade it to Best Buy for $150 off, and one year or xbl.

Thanks guys. I think I'm just gonna go with the AC Bundle, I don't think I'm quite ready to part ways with my 360. Nobody knows anything about the free year of LIVE?

I will be heading out to best buy this morning expecting to buy xb1 for $350 plus get promo 12 mo gold with it. If the promo isn't offered you will hear me say so...

I got so lucky.  I was in this exact situation a month ago.

had $200 in credit on amazon

had $40 in credit on XBL (that I didn't even know about)

$220 for xb1 + mcc.

I'd say get the xbox the cheapest you can as soon as you can so you can get MCC digitally.  if you go physical you probably won't play it on day 1.  (unless you have boss internet)

The default price of Xbox Ones (Kinectless) are $350. There are 3 versions of it--normal one, the Sunset Overdrive bundle and Assasins Creed bundle. All 350. At Best Buy, you can get $150 off your Xbox One if you trade in a 250GB working 360 (with a controller). 10$ off for each additional controller. The MS store will give you 100$ off the Xb1 for your 360 that is any model. Not sure about 12 months free of gold.

Do you know if this deal is in the US only? It better be in Canada, but I don't see anything on there website.

Do you know if this deal is in the US only? It better be in Canada, but I don't see anything on there website.

Not sure. Try asking on the Xbox One sub reddit. 

I've learned though time to keep 1 of every console.  Just incase.

(and like 4 copies of halo CE.  also just incase)

It's not in Canada, I'm also Canadian and I haven't seen it anywhere.

It's not in Canada, I'm also Canadian and I haven't seen it anywhere.

Yea I just called EB Games, and BestBuy and neither has any kind of trade in deal going on. EB told me if I traded in my 250g elite that they would give me 75 dollars in store credit though. Canada is shit when it comes to buying things, it really sucks. Also the price of everything is higher.

If any Canadabros have some intel on how to get good money off an xbone please let it be known here.

I believe the Microsoft deal is in Canada as well, but good luck finding a Microsoft store. The only ones in Ontario at least are in Toronto.

If you have a lot of games and controllers then you can probably post a 360 bundle on craiglist and/or ebay and get $135 out of it. Then buy a used xbox one with out connect and that should lower the cost a lot!

Traded in my 360, all the games(Except the Halos), and a controller for the Assassins Creed bundle today. It was pointless to keep it being that Halo 3 was the only game I really played on it. End of an Era really, that one 360 put in work for me for YEARS.

i went to Best Buy today and found that they were indeed offering the 12 mo Gold for free from 1-4pm with the purchase of XB1, but after seeing the total cost for XB1 and MCC, I passed on it. I decided that $426 was just too much for my budget at this time and with the talk of how downloads were a little problematic, I thought I should just wait for a few weeks till Christmas.