CyReN

Iron Games Columbus Discussion

EG should disqualified. Evil Geniuses was bought by Twitch, HCS rules state players cant be employed by 343, Twitch or ESL.

I feel like this is a complete injustice on the other teams that are abiding by all league rules for this tournament, while EG seems to be getting a free pass just because they're a good team.

wat

• Downvote (-1) 1

BtH vs CLG and Denial vs Optic are possibilities for Round 3

The Challonge bracket has that matchup, but the bracket that Cyren just posted shows different placements, with neither team meeting anytime soon in WB.

Not sure which one is correct, but I'm guesing that the one on Beyond is more recent.

If Michigods makes it out of R1 hopefully they put their match against Annex Halo on main stage. The trash talk would be so real. 

EG should disqualified. Evil Geniuses was bought by Twitch, HCS rules state players cant be employed by 343, Twitch or ESL.

I feel like this is a complete injustice on the other teams that are abiding by all league rules for this tournament, while EG seems to be getting a free pass just because they're a good team.

Your name is pretty.

Looks like my old teammate Obi is up first round! Let's go Obi!!

obi makes amazing trance music too btw. nice to see him back.

3k viewers.... and we are back to where we were, right on track. 

bummer.

Games haven't started yet, its bound to start slow and pick up once the bigger matches start

Games haven't started yet, its bound to start slow and pick up once the bigger matches start

Ill be baffled if it even breaks 10k the whole event. 

But I hope I am wrong, if Halo wants any chance for support, it is going to need to pull in upwards of 30-40k+ every event. 

It's also in the middle of the day on a Friday. Finals should be decent numbers, don't expect the invitational numbers though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is a little extreme.

Ill be baffled if it even breaks 10k the whole event. 

But I hope I am wrong, if Halo wants any chance for support, it is going to need to pull in upwards of 30-40k+ every event. 

The Launch invitational had about 30k at one point and the Cups had about 10k split between all the streams so hopefully we can at least get 10k 

The Launch invitational had about 30k at one point and the Cups had about 10k split between all the streams so hopefully we can at least get 10k 

exactly the "launch invitational" - same thing happened with H4 when they had the exhibition tourney prior to release. 

But hey, lets hope we get more than 10k, its only a matter of time before these organizations see that they arent making much money off of Halo.  

• Downvote (-1) 1

This feels like AGL: The Sequel, except that everyone gets paid in a timely fashion. Both in stream / production quality (is this even going to be in 60fps?) as well as the pool sizes.

There's going to be a huge dropoff of the viewers just getting into the scene. What's the point in watching only 3 maps get rotated over and over again, let alone even getting the chance to have played these maps and gametypes online in the last month? It's just going to make it more frustrating for the strictly non-competitive players when they see a community face like Bravo at this event and start thinking 343's pandering only to the competitive community while ignoring their gametypes. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How do you start late and not have everything setup accordingly?

That makes literally no sense whatsoever....

• Downvote (-1) 2