CyReN

Iron Games Columbus Discussion

Nothing could be worse than my 1gig data cap on a plan that costs me $80 a month. That's Australia for you though.

Hoping to see Naded beast it out all weekend.

Sorry that I don't get excited over sub standard gameplay. When you're given Halo games that are exciting and then a Halo game that is considerably less exciting, what is there to get excited about?

I wouldn't call these teams as having sub standard gameplay lmao... because that is what we are judging.  Aside from the game itself, really competitive games are occurring here and that is what gets me excited.  Top tier players pulling off incredible plays is what gets me excited.  Same reason why I watched CoD Ghosts tourneys but didn't really play it a lot myself.  

I am watching this Iron Gaming event to watch fucken Ogre 2 or EG pull off some crazy shit, I am not watching it because it is H2A.

Could someone explain to me really quick how the HCS points work? I thought CLG won two of the online placement tournaments but they still have poor seeding. I could be wrong on that, but I'm still curious how it works.

Could someone explain to me really quick how the HCS points work? I thought CLG won two of the online placement tournaments but they still have poor seeding. I could be wrong on that, but I'm still curious how it works.

https://content.halocdn.com/media/Default/community/hcs/hcs-point-breakdown_v2-f1c7353100f1430eb50422ab35147f72.jpg

The two cups CLG won were preseason cups and had no impact on placement (no points were awarded and results were not used to seed the first online HCS season cup).

I hope the post about bth having no superstar comes to this thread. Arguments over whether or not lethul is a star. Has no one on this thread heard of this little known player called legit?

I hope the post about bth having no superstar comes to this thread. Arguments over whether or not lethul is a star. Has no one on this thread heard of this little known player called legit?

Or APG for that matter.

Does anyone know if they are going to post a bracket?

• Upvote (+1) 1

A lot of people have bad connections/data caps :(

I hope there is some comfort for you that my mobile internet is pretty awesome.

qrdgd2.jpg

I wouldn't call these teams as having sub standard gameplay lmao... because that is what we are judging.  Aside from the game itself, really competitive games are occurring here and that is what gets me excited.  Top tier players pulling off incredible plays is what gets me excited.  Same reason why I watched CoD Ghosts tourneys but didn't really play it a lot myself.  

I am watching this Iron Gaming event to watch fucken Ogre 2 or EG pull off some crazy shit, I am not watching it because it is H2A.

That's just you then. When you've watched the best of the best compete in far more exciting and skilled games, watching them on considerably less skilled games is not exciting to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nothing could be worse than my 1gig data cap on a plan that costs me $80 a month. That's Australia for you though.

Hoping to see Naded beast it out all weekend.

Damn dude.. im from Iceland.. and i have 1terabyte cap on mine.. and its about 100$ a month.. im good with Netflix and plenty of twitch streams :) 

That's just you then. When you've watched the best of the best compete in far more exciting and skilled games, watching them on considerably less skilled games is not exciting to watch.

Yeah if the hit registration/BR is so easy to use that I never miss a shot, pros won't ever miss shots. It gets kind of boring when there is almost 0 chance a pro will outBR someone because of how easy the BR is to use. Plus it being on 3 maps is pretty bland/boring too. I will still watch though! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow, people took my post about BtH having no "superstar" to heart pretty hard. I'm not saying anyone on BtH is not a top-tier player, I'm saying they aren't the kind of players that are above and beyond almost everyone else. Legit was definitely that before in Halo 2, Halo 3, and some in Halo 4 in the little I saw. What I've personally seen from BtH leads me to believe that, prior to this event during online practice etc, they did not have a superstar type player like Snakebite, Roy, Royal 2, Snip3down, Pistola. Those are the players that can break a game wide open in practically any aspect of the game. They're amazing, but they're not just amazing in one thing, they can do everything superbly well. All of BtH are really, really good. But they don't have that one player that can just man-handle a game by himself, unless Legit plays like he used to, or Legit and aPG duo turns out to be the next big thing. It might.

Those are my personal opinions. If I'm proven wrong this event, then I'm proven wrong and that's great because that means we'll have 3 amazing teams in the top bracket of the tournament battling it out. That's what events are here for: to prove who's really, really good from the rest.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I guess I'll stand on my own to say I enjoyed the Halo 4 Championship FFA and 1 v 1.  I'll be watching Iron Gaming this weekend too :)  Competitive games still happen and clutch plays still get pulled.

It's like this.  I would love to watch BOps2 right now and watch these top CoD teams compete in BOps2 still.  But that doesn't mean I can still enjoy the competitiveness in AW.  I enjoyed watching Crimsix going off and watching Formal hold his own against top tier players.  As much as I love BOps2, I can still enjoy other games where competitiveness stills occurs.  

So 41 teams in attendance. I'm guessing this is where the sponsorship comes in because even at $240 per team, that doesn't even cover $10k. 

I guess I'll stand on my own to say I enjoyed the Halo 4 Championship FFA and 1 v 1. I'll be watching Iron Gaming this weekend too :) Competitive games still happen and clutch plays still get pulled.

I stand with you. I've watched them all from ce to now and I enjoy every minute regardless of which game is better

• Upvote (+1) 1

So it looks like Str8 and CLG have the easiest brackets, but I wouldn't be surprised if Anenx pulled out the upset win over Str8 (assuming that both teams meet in WBR3, that is).

I'll still be excited and watching when halo 7: call of the titans falling: advanced destiny comes out

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

BtH vs CLG and Denial vs Optic are possibilities for Round 3

BWJ8ByX.gif

Edit: Never mind about the CLG vs BtH. Bracket is messed up. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah bracket was all kinds of weird. I guess being 2nd seed puts you against CLG round 3? All I know is that team that came in 3rd (fatal ambition I think) is gonna have a nice little bracket. 

EG should disqualified. Evil Geniuses was bought by Twitch, HCS rules state players cant be employed by 343, Twitch or ESL.

I feel like this is a complete injustice on the other teams that are abiding by all league rules for this tournament, while EG seems to be getting a free pass just because they're a good team.

• Downvote (-1) 3