CyReN

Iron Games Columbus Discussion

While I agree with that there is always going to be a delay in between matches for players to setup and warmup

The other team should be standing or sitting by the main stage to get right on to it.

The other team should be standing or sitting by the main stage to get right on to it.

They should indeed. But this is something people can't blame on 343 or Irongaming though, which will probably the case..

OT: This gonna be good. 12:30 am here and I have an important math test tomorrow and still watching.. Let's go EG.

Just be happy that they are on schedule and not running late like a lot of other events

People gotta stop getting hung up on the viewer numbers.. Smash Bros has the same number of viewers, even less sometimes and their community has been going strong for years. 

Just enjoy the event and stay positive, halo is doing great. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

impaitent enough that we are dropping 8k to nearly 10k viewers.

Oh noez! Dropping viewers in between matches. Halo is dad guys! (Halo is dad but dropping viewers in between games doesn't indicate that, it's just normal)

• Upvote (+1) 1

people care too much about viewership. i am enjoying the stream and high level halo play.  I dont really care how many other people are watching.

i understand the numbers are important for ads and sponsors. Its going to take some time for Halo to establish themselves again in this space. Things are looking good with the HCS. Just enjoy the stream.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Thanks. I thought it was necessary. Troll or not. 

True story though, there are in fact people who think like that. I'm not sure if that particular guy was a troll, but there are many that would agree with him. Let's just count your post as a response to every actual idiot who agrees with said post.

• Upvote (+1) 1

True story though, there are in fact people who think like that. I'm not sure if that particular guy was a troll, but there are many that would agree with him. Let's just count your post as a response to every actual idiot who agrees with said post.

I know there are. It's mainly Halo 4 kids though. He got top 12 at Dallas 2012 and then didn't go to another one.

Plus people who watched his games in Reach and judged his stats feel the same way. But when it comes down to the wire in big games, he usually makes the best plays. Thats waaaaaay more important than going positive 30 or whatever gets Call of Duty kids wet nowadays.

Fuckin' T2. Where the hell is Walshy?

Chilling in the corner with your plus reps.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Post. Of. The. Century

Didn't realize there were so many idiots on these forums ... let me explain this in really simple terms so you can all understand.

H:CE competition was the equivalent of Brood War competition in the U.S. ... there were maybe 200 players taking BW seriously, and maybe 200 players taking H:CE seriously.  Doing extremely well in an undeveloped scene is not impressive.  The fact that Ogre2 was completely destroyed in CoD makes sense, because there are waaaaaaaay more competitive teams in CoD ... even now, Halo doesn't have that many people who take the game seriously, though certainly more than there was in H:CE.

edit: also, Formal said the exact same thing in an interview with Gandhi, that dominance in H2 simply wasn't that impressive because there was so little competition.  Formal's achievements in CoD are more impressive than the best results in Halo

• Downvote (-1) 20

I know there are. It's mainly Halo 4 kids though. He got top 12 at Dallas 2012 and then didn't go to another one.

Plus people who watched his games in Reach and judged his stats feel the same way. But when it comes down to the wire in big games, he usually makes the best plays. Thats waaaaaay more important than going positive 30 or whatever gets Call of Duty kids wet nowadays.

Ogre 2's stats aren't even an issue to be honest. He tends to go positive in most tournaments that he attends, even these days. But these kids don't pay attention to that. They sit and wait until Ogre 2 goes negative in a game, then they pounce. They never pay attention to his good games. Only the bad ones. He goes 17-11 in game 5, none of them say shit. They ignore it.

He gets no respect from the newer generation, because these idiots think everyone is saying that he's the best player in the game right now. He's a top 10 player, but nobody is saying he's number one. But he's the fucking GOAT. Do people not understand what that means? Name an esports player that has had the longevity that Ogre 2 has had. He's had a longer career in this game then some people have had in athletic sports. He may not be the player he once was(although if we're being honest, anyone who watches him stream H2C and Halo CE knows that he's as good today as he was years ago), but he's still pretty damn good.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Serious question: Why is T2 commentating the finals and not one of the commentators for the event?

Don't mind T2 but just curious to wondering why they would choose to have a guest for the finals of all series.

Didn't realize there were so many idiots on these forums ... let me explain this in really simple terms so you can all understand.

H:CE competition was the equivalent of Brood War competition in the U.S. ... there were maybe 200 players taking BW seriously, and maybe 200 players taking H:CE seriously.  Doing extremely well in an undeveloped scene is not impressive.  The fact that Ogre2 was completely destroyed in CoD makes sense, because there are waaaaaaaay more competitive teams in CoD ... even now, Halo doesn't have that many people who take the game seriously, though certainly more than there was in H:CE.

edit: also, Formal said the exact same thing in an interview with Gandhi, that dominance in H2 simply wasn't that impressive because there was so little competition.  Formal's achievements in CoD are more impressive than the best results in Halo

Words escape me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

T2 is great. I think him paired with someone who does play by play would be best and let him do the analysis.

• Upvote (+1) 6