CyReN

Iron Games Columbus Discussion

this game is just so boring to watch :(

What makes it boring to watch? I have seen this argument about Halo since H3, and I am not sure why.

This game I could maybe understand because of the limited amount of maps. 

What makes it boring to watch? I have seen this argument about Halo since H3, and I am not sure why.

It has no wow factor IMO. Yeah, map pool isn't great. But even if it had 2-3 more solid maps, the gameplay is just ehh. It's removed what made H2C fun to watch (button glitches), now it's just a standard Halo game with little to no skill gap in the gunplay. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

It has no wow factor IMO. Yeah, map pool isn't great. But even if it had 2-3 more solid maps, the gameplay is just ehh. It's removed what made H2C fun to watch (button glitches), now it's just a standard Halo game with little to no skill gap in the gunplay.

For me it's because of how easy it is to shoot. The aim assist is just ridiculous. 4 shots are incredibly easy so it's pretty much whoever sees who first. The slow movement only makes it worse. No longer can you just out strafe someone who has worse shot than you because you're so damn slow.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I am excited for IG this weekend. I will be watching and will support it as much as I can. I love Halo. It has literally been apart of half my life now (26 years young).

Its impossible to please competitive halo fans like you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its impossible to please competitive halo fans like you.

He wants to watch a more skilled halo game where the individual skill comes into play, how is that impossible to please?

• Upvote (+1) 1

He wants to watch a more skilled halo game where the individual skill comes into play, how is that impossible to please?

Because his definitions of what he's asking for are impossible. These kind of things are subjective and halo fans are never satisfied. If you please one it will piss off the other. Just how it works.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because his definitions of what he's asking for are impossible. These kind of things are subjective and halo fans are never satisfied. If you please one it will piss off the other. Just how it works.

He said it is impossible to please competitive halo fans though. I don't think a competitive player would be displeased with more skilled gunplay.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So randomly our team is going, see you guys there!

Mighty Ducks- A Dark Legacy, DoNiNaToR, xToxsik, Rapture- 50pts

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's clunky, slow, the glare on lockout is incredibly annoying. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't think we will pass 30k viewers 

Am i crazy for still wanting to watch v7 over MCC? MCC has 3 maps and TS Lockout pisses me off. v7 has grey maps as a disadvantage and I still rather watch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Any idea if the early rounds of this tournament will be on split screen?

God I hope not

We should be past this

IG seems like they have plenty of equipment so I want to say no, let me try and find out tho

The prize pool isn't really big enough to garner attention of anyone who doesn't really follow halo, and with how much of a disaster the game has been so far you're probably right.

Am i crazy for still wanting to watch v7 over MCC? MCC has 3 maps and TS Lockout pisses me off. v7 has grey maps as a disadvantage and I still rather watch.

Imagine if they actually remade h2

Like used the campaign art assets and made it look new

Former players and casual esports fans would be excited and would actually give a fuck

H2A gives anyone familiar with h2 blue balls

I'm guessing there will be less viewers than the esl prelaunch event

To me 30K viewers for a TO who previously only had 2-3K viewers is a huge win.

Don't get hung up on the numbers and enjoy the event because it's going to be a good one.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So randomly our team is going, see you guys there!

Mighty Ducks- A Dark Legacy, DoNiNaToR, xToxsik, Rapture- 50pts

Glad you guys got the money to go!

Reach v7 was amazing. I'd easily rather watch that than this, anytime. I much prefer H2A to H4, but Reach v7 was awesome.

which is why i asked this question on the original Halo MCC thread

Are glitches essential to make a Halo Game?

Will you guys play H2C if you took out the Glitches?

How about HCE?

This may seem like heresy... but I like Lockout TS. The pauses + listen-ins build hype for me. The Sanc. gametypes right now always seem 1-sided, and the Warlord ones are pure chaos. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Reach v7 was amazing. I'd easily rather watch that than this, anytime. I much prefer H2A to H4, but Reach v7 was awesome.

I would much rather have the 3 h2a maps over the shit maps from reach

This may seem like heresy... but I like Lockout TS. The pauses + listen-ins build hype for me. The Sanc. gametypes right now always seem 1-sided, and the Warlord ones are pure chaos. 

that's cause you understand the positioning and all that good stuff

i too love lockout TS but i can see why it's not a favorite of casuals

spectator mode would cure that imo

• Upvote (+1) 1

H2A might as well be Halo 4 with no sprinting and no flinching.

H2A is the best competitive halo since halo 2, mechanics wise

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I feel the same way. Seeing teams trying to figure out a time to make a real push out of library if they're losing, or a team trapped in bottom blue trying to get out is really interesting to me. Listen ins at that time are great because you can hear their thought process.

See you guys at columbus. 

AGENT.Paragon  5 HCS Points
Rage, JuicyFruit, Saintly, Kountry