CyReN

Iron Games Columbus Discussion

@@Morgacht

Pretty sure you got that backwards about Final Boss in Halo 2.  I watch those old 2006-2007 TV shows all the time.  Carbon would routinely take objective games from Final Boss because it was more of a free flowing game and they were the more individually skilled/flashy team.  But Final Boss would usually win the Team Slayers because it was slower paced and once they got setup, teams really struggled to break their setup.  It was crazy how Carbon would sometimes 5-0 or 5-1 Final Boss in Warlock CTF and just make them look subpar.  Fascinating how the differences between objective and slayer really come out in certain match ups.

Yes and No, according to the 06-07 stats:

Objective: 17-16 Final Boss

TS: 14-7 FB

Full stats:

http://imgur.com/vFQ67By

(8 to 12 games are missing from the above stats, 4 to 6 in favor of each team)

As for being more individually skilled, taking the only non-subjective factor that I know of, K/A/D: FB comes out overwhelmingly ahead, even if you exclude Slayer games.

Man, all this Halo makes me want to whip out Excel again (no spanking though). But I'm gessing we have more efficient ways of doing that now, haven't we?

• Upvote (+1) 1

yea 07 fb had a better win spread i would think since they won more tournaments. Man 07 fb was a monster.

wow, I just watched the whole rebroadcast and even with all the technical issues, the biggest issue I saw was DMAQ letting Sudd2 send them to commercial break. I had a literal facepalm moment.

Scorched plays RC for 7/8th this morning.

For those that don't know, Very Nerdy (ABK) is subbing for Suspector who could not make this event.

i watched so much lil talent 1v1s in reach and so many random clips from devon.....savages

Watched him play a 1v1 on warlord at a LAN and he knew these crazy spawn tricks. Dude is crazy good, as is devonator.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Two things that I want to see today; more Hysteria and Snip3down POV's, they've been monsters so far(among other stuff; Hysteria got an off-stream killtac against Scorched(?) and Snip3down off-stream overkill against Str8). Wouldn't mind more Legit POV either, even if he got the worst K/D @ BtH so far.

Two things that I want to see today; more Hysteria and Snip3down POV's, they've been monsters so far(among other stuff; Hysteria got an off-stream killtac against Scorched(?) and Snip3down off-stream overkill against Str8). Wouldn't mind more Legit POV either, even if he got the worst K/D @ BtH so far.

I think the POV could be done better in general. They stay on one pov way to long if that team is getting dominated, which makes it boring to watch. Nobody wants to see a death screen the entire time.

Wait, is getting your dick out and chasing people with it considered normal nowadays? 

Sounds a little creepy to me

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think the POV could be done better in general. They stay on one pov way to long if that team is getting dominated, which makes it boring to watch. Nobody wants to see a death screen the entire time.

That I do agree with, the tournament has been a cluster fudge.

And did not expect Optic to look this dominant over Str8.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL people in chat hyped that we hit 8k viewers and a guy chimes in "Nadeshot gets 10k viewers to watch him eat cereal"

• Upvote (+1) 1