CyReN

Iron Games Columbus Discussion

I didn't see the game but apparently it was 8 seconds of hill time that didn't count for Str8 even though EG won by 30 (+) seconds. I really don't see how a replay makes any sense. 

This is something I will disagree on. I think that a glitch like this one always deserves a replay if the seconds gained is noticeable (a glitch with 1-2 seconds lost shouldn't earn a replay but a game with 5+ probably should). I think that's something that should happen with eSports in general, due to the nature of the sport. There are bound to be glitches that can potentially ruin games and I believe they need to be replayed. 

However, then there are glitch-filled messes of a game like this one. What do we do in a situation like this, where there are countless other Flag/Bomb/objective glitches that influence the outcome of games? I'm guessing this one gets a replay because it's easier to notice and observe than a flag or bomb glitch, but seriously this is ridiculous. It should not be replayed in a situation like this at all. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am a die hard str8 and naded fan. But at this point you can't replay it. If they made the call immediately afterwards it would've been fine. But it is too late now. Come in guys that's ridiculous.

However can we stop saying halo is dead. A lot of things are shitty about the game this tournament etc but if we don't believe in our game moving forward no one else will. I'm not saying it's just take what we can get and fuck it, I'm just saying let's not add to the shittiness. Let's b the best community to be a part of and at least have one positive thing going for us

Were just being real dude, and sometimes thats saying shit people don't wanna hear. Everyone wishes it wasn't true but honestly after watching this do you really think H2A will EVER get to the point where H2C and H3 were at? Do you think 343 is even competent enough to make a game that could be at that level after seeing H4 and this?

I'm willing to bet money it wont. And if we cant even get there again how in the hell could we ever compete with COD and be a top esport?

I had faith what like 4 years ago? but its running a bit low now.

Were just being real dude, and sometimes thats saying shit people don't wanna hear. Everyone wishes it wasn't true but honestly after watching this do you really think H2A will EVER get to the point where H2C and H3 were at? Do you think 343 is even competent enough to make a game that could be at that level after seeing H4 and this?

I'm willing to bet money it wont. And if we cant even get there again how in the hell could we ever compete with COD and be a top esport?

There's always Halo 6  :kappa:

So the team that get's screwed the least with game bugs/hardware failures/Iron Gaming get's top 1? I get it now :)

No seriously though.. with all the problems we have been having, how are we supposed to attract new viewers..

Iron gaming might have just killed hcs. Naded and str8 ripping... Lol never supporting them again. Complete scum bags.

And I hope those idiots defending the suddoths are eating their words right now. Thanks to those whiny bitches trying to stay relevant they get put on main stage over optic... Bye bye viewers... Viewpoint dropped. Such a boring lockout match too.

Don't think I'll ever be watching an iron gaming event again, as well as any player on str8 rippin.

Completely killing halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I was so pumped for this event, but its been a fail in every sense.

Day 1 had HUGE delays not only inbetween matches but inbetween games. Nothing should prevent them from loading up the next gametype and starting it ASAP.

At times the contrast is terrible, I watched a Warlord bomb game that was so dark it was impossible to see.

They have had so many technical problems with mic's and adverts starting mid conversation. 

There has been consistent problems with changing the players name tag on screen, including no player cam's (which I enjoy as you can see the intensity on their face) and the problems with them recovering their gamertags. IG Player 56 ... lol 

The twitch chat was not moderated at all Day 1 and very little today.

No this with the replay. Unacceptable. How on earth can a ref decide 5 hours later he made the wrong call?

Multiplayer online has been a fail now this tourny. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

MIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Solid team work from EVL. Can't believe the coach called out someone on RC putting his controller down aha.

Iron gaming might have just killed hcs. 

Completely killing halo.

It's been dead since servers went up November 6th ish. Don't kid yourself.

The stream was never gonna hit over 7k (generous) viewers unless it was a notable company running it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol. I'm die hard for a couple teams =<. I'm wrong for that aren't i.

Hell no man, I'm a die hard fan of like 4 teams haha

I feel your pain man. I'm not saying just be positive and naive and skip around pretending shits cool. It's not. I get it. I'm saying let's be heard let's be united and let's try to bring up the MANY issues as positively as possible. Problems with the game/stream/mm etc can be fixed. A poisonous community cannot and it's also the only thing that we can control. I'm not saying be content. I'm just saying I can't give up.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Iron gaming might have just killed hcs. Naded and str8 ripping... Lol never supporting them again. Complete scum bags.

And I hope those idiots defending the suddoths are eating their words right now. Thanks to those whiny bitches trying to stay relevant they get put on main stage over optic... Bye bye viewers... Viewpoint dropped. Such a boring lockout match too.

Don't think I'll ever be watching an iron gaming event again, as well as any player on str8 rippin.

Completely killing halo.

I think Str8 is not as much to blame here than the decision makers at IG. It's not Str8's fault that their request for a replay got approved when there was an obvious glitch, it's 100% IG's handling of the situation that is to blame here. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's been dead since servers went up November 6th ish. Don't kid yourself.

The stream was never gonna hit over 7k (generous) viewers unless it was a notable company running it.

It went over 7k yesterday........

This tournament is so hard to watch. As a spectator all of the delays/mechanical problems make it really really unprofessional. 

So apparently his game froze, so he unplugged and plugged his controller back in to fix it?

What.

I agree @quinny hcs is fucking done for, imo.

Maybe not HCS. Wont few people had respect for IronGaming coming into this event and I see why.....