CyReN

Iron Games Columbus Discussion

who's xtremist?

Halo 2 Pro that was on Storm Ventures with Naded, Legit and Ramby. Hasn't officially competed in a while to my knowledge.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 2 Pro that was on Storm Ventures with Naded, Legit and Ramby. Hasn't officially competed in a while to my knowledge.

those 3 usually pop up in my head when I think of SV. That's wassup though, nice to see another former player come back...this is a big risk T2 is taking since dude has been out so long.

What happened to Legit? I heard rumors that he was the 4th, that would have been crazy.

those 3 usually pop up in my head when I think of SV. That's wassup though, nice to see another former player come back...this is a big risk T2 is taking since dude has been out so long.

What happened to Legit? I heard rumors that he was the 4th, that would have been crazy.

It might still be Legit as their 4th, it's probably why they haven't announced it yet.

Probably waiting on him to definitively respond.

It's awesome that it's now Iron Gaming 15K, especially since they said that the Top 16 teams will get paid out.

Not seeing the top 16 getting paid being announced anywhere, where did you see that?

Not seeing the top 16 getting paid being announced anywhere, where did you see that?

Oops! Just researched it to find out where I read that and it turns out that's for the 22.5k UGC event.

Oops! Just researched it to find out where I read that and it turns out that's for the 22.5k UGC event.

Hopefully the $25k when the tournament gets here :)

Does anyone have a schedule breakdown per day for this event? Im just wondering if any teamplay is on Friday and what time playing Friday starts.

Does anyone have a schedule breakdown per day for this event? Im just wondering if any teamplay is on Friday and what time playing Friday starts.

• 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Event Check In/ Registration
  • 12:00 PM - 1:45 PM - Doors Open/ Warm Ups
  • 2:00 PM - Tournament Play

No FFA tournament so the 4v4 starts at 2 on Friday. 

Hope more teams sign up for this other than whats on the first page, same for the hcs teams thread too.

Maybe if there was a legit thread on way point or something for hcs teams and stuff would be awesome imo.

Do you guys think they're will be big team changes after this?

I think there will be some changes, not major ones. Can see like 1 person drops and pickups for sure.

Do you guys think they're will be big team changes after this?

I would be disappointed if there was.They need to show these big orgs that they will stay together hopefully HCS has some rules that you cant change until after the seasons.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I would be disappointed if there was.They need to show these big orgs that they will stay together hopefully HCS has some rules that you cant change until after the seasons.

Totally. I'm hoping Str8 can snag a good 4th from the aftermath though. :-)
  • Upvote (+1) 2

who's xtremist?

Right? lol.

He used to be Wolffyy way back in H2. General random xbl player. Broke out on perfect storm in 07 as xtremist. He had one good event, then one average event. Then Perfect storm split. Haven't seen or heard of him since then.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How many viewers do you think the event will have? I hope a least 40k

With only 15k on the line.... I'd be surprised.

Hope more teams sign up for this other than whats on the first page, same for the hcs teams thread too.

Maybe if there was a legit thread on way point or something for hcs teams and stuff would be awesome imo.

God forbid a Halo dev actually support a competitive venture that they themselves don't have a hand in. And not just to fucking pimp the new title out, coughDallascough.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

God forbid a Halo dev actually support a competitive venture that they themselves don't have a hand in.

Wouldn't that be nice. Too bad they could care less about the past titles, as shown by what we received in Halo MCC. A game that was suppose to focus on the past titles not a "modern version" of one of them.

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that until December 6, Iron Gaming is letting teams purchase a "Pass Hold" for $40 now, and then pay the remaining $200 at the door.

And currently, we are giving away 4 Free VIP passes for each team pass sold. It's good until it runs out.

Thanks guys :D

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think there will be some changes, not major ones. Can see like 1 person drops and pickups for sure.

http://play.eslgaming.com/halo/north-america/halomcc-one/open/4on4-pre-season-cup-2/rules

1.3. Team Changes and Roster Lock

Replacements Teams are allowed to make one team change (i.e. one player or the stand-in) per transfer period. A team change is defined as replacing one player or the stand-in or adding a stand-in (if the team did not have a stand-in at the point of registering for HCS). At no time, can a team have more than 4 players and 1 coach. Once the new member appears on the team’s roster on the ESL website, he/she is eligible to play for that team.

Season 1 has two transfer periods.

• Transfer period #1 is between the end of HCS Cup #1 (December 7, 2014) and the beginning of HCS Cup #2 (December 21, 2014)
  • Transfer period #2 is between the end of HCS Cup #5 (February 1, 2015) and the beginning of HCS Cup #6 (February 8, 2015)

Any team changes must be submitted to an ESL admin via a support ticket to be approved. Team change must be requested 24 hours before a cup begins.

These rules do not apply to the pre- and open cups.

I dont want to comment on this affecting live events until I'm entirely certain, however those are the rules we have laid out regarding ESL.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That just means that there will be team changes after columbus. Also, from the contracts I read, members cannot leave the team, they can be kicked, however. This will just lead to more and more shady decisions even though the players feel like they are locked in.