CyReN

Iron Games Columbus Discussion

lol. Can anything else go wrong? seriously

Its like no one has an idea on how to properly make a game or throw a tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 1

if ig just sticked to halo2c like they said they were going to do in the first place, wouldn't have these issues...

This all should just be super embarrassing for the whole halo community. This whole thing is making us look amateur as hell and not to be taken seriously as a competitive game again.

#WeBackKappa

• Upvote (+1) 2

This all should just be super embarrassing for the whole halo community. This whole thing is making us look amateur as hell and not to be taken seriously as a competitive game again.

#WeBackKappa

As if the launch issues weren't already accomplishing that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As if the launch issues weren't already accomplishing that.

my point exactly lol everything that has to do with this game is just /fail

There shouldn't be a replay. The match ended, bracket got updated, and further series have been played. If the refs missed something at the time then that's on them, it shouldn't affect the players whose brackets have already been affected by the results of that matchup.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There shouldn't be a replay. The match ended, bracket got updated, and further series have been played. If the refs missed something at the time then that's on them, it shouldn't affect the players whose brackets have already been affected by the results of that matchup.

Agree, the amount of sports matches that would be replayed if they caught something after the fact would be insane.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly what should be learned from this is that if a review of a game needs to happen, it should take priority and be resolved immediately before other series begin. 4 and a half hours is a long time to review a game when it really shouldn't take more than 30 minutes max. 

It's not that big of a deal right now in terms of the bracket, as Str8 and EG haven't played any games since their match. If they do this replay and the outcome changes, they don't need to redo any part of the bracket other than switching Str8 to the WB Finals and EG to losers, but other than that no additional series need to be replayed. 

So if I get this right, Str8 didn't get roughly 8s of hill time registered, and want a replay? Even though EG won by 30+? lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think this replay is only happening because no further series have been played, and no other players have been affected by the results of the matchup. Neither Str8 or EG have played any games since their matchup, so I think a replay here is perfectly reasonable. The problem here is the time between the game's end and the replay decision was so long that they shouldn't have even bothered doing it. 

So if I get this right, Str8 didn't get roughly 8s of hill time registered, and want a replay? Even though EG won by 30+? lol.

Hope they use that anger and completely slaughter Str8. I don't know if Str8 asked for the rematch but if they did... very unprofessional to say the least.

Edit: yes I am one butthurt EG fan ;)

If str8 wins the rematch doesnt it go to a game 5 i would assume. I could see eg folding from frustration if so.

If I was EG, I would start drinking and say they can't play tonight without being 100%.

or straight up refuse.

EG should just tell IG they want a replay of the Warlock Flag game where the flag glitch actually impacted the scoreline (they lost 0-1).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hope they use that anger and completely slaughter Str8. I don't know if Str8 asked for the rematch but if they did... very unprofessional to say the least.

Edit: yes I am one butthurt EG fan ;)

I don't think it's unprofessional to ask for a rematch, but I do think that it should have been asked for/discussed immediately after the game it happened. 4 and a half hours later though? That's ridiculous. 

EG should just tell IG they want a replay of the Warlock Flag game where the flag glitch cost them the game and it actually impacted the scoreline (they lost 0-1).

They actually just tweeted about this lol

No matter what you think of them, halo is more fun with the sudds playing well.

Edit: Harvey Specter beat me to the post :(

Based off tweets, Eric has been sleeping, and Towey was lifting. They're gonna get boned by this.