CyReN

Iron Games Columbus Discussion

Great games from CLG and BTH, but its a bit worrying that arguably one of the biggest matches of the weekend has sub 8k viewers. 

Lol thats a joke. Would be extremely upset if I was BtH. They had what? br control with snipe and sword with like a 5 kill lead? and then the game resets... 

• Upvote (+1) 4

It does seem ridiculous... obviously, I take everything in the clusterfuck twitch chat with a large dose of :salt: , but someone in there was saying that the pro that has been having 'controller issues' which they blamed on the console apparently has these same problems at home on his stream all the time... so if that's true and the games keep getting restarted for some guy's faulty controller then that makes it even worse.

Yeah. You could hear BtH get frustrated and Legit even sarcastically groaned "I think I'm about to have a controller malfunction soon" during the listen in. Its a shame it happened but that's just the sad reality of this console. MS didn't feel that truly wired controllers are important. You basically just attach a cable and so many of those cables tend to be faulty. 

Yeah. You could hear BtH get frustrated and Legit even sarcastically groaned "I think I'm about to have a controller malfunction soon" during the listen in. Its a shame it happened but that's just the sad reality of this console. MS didn't feel that truly wired controllers are important. You basically just attach a cable and so many of those cables tend to be faulty. 

I think it's snakebite's controller specifically because this is the second time it happened to him and it hasn't happened to anyone else. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm just refreshing Twitter waiting for the Lethul tweet  :lxthul:

update! :)

I guess Clutch is subbing for Chig?

I think it's snakebite's controller specifically because this is the second time it happened to him and it hasn't happened to anyone else. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe it was snakebite's controller, but I've seen this exact same issue happen with CoD when they switched over to Xbox One. 

https://twitter.com/SnakeBiteFPS/status/543878907720507392

But I am 95% sure it is an issue with his micro usb cable. This exact same issue happened a few times when CoD switched over to the xbox one. 

update! :)

I guess Clutch is subbing for Chig?

I'm pretty excited to see Clutch play. Didn't know he was going to be playing at this event and I've been a fan of his for a while. 

Sadly controller issues are fairly common when playing wired. My own cable has a tendency to cause a disconnect error if it's nudged just the smallest amount and it's still in great condition and fairly new.

After having a couple of controllers I think the issue is more to do with the cable port on the controller than anything else; it seems to not hold the cable as comfortably and solidly as it should. That hefty metal screw-on approach that the MLG Madcatz controller used for the 360 was definitely the most secure way to wire a controller I've seen so far.

Yeah, this is what I'm saying. If he genuinely does have this problem on stream then it was either stupid or calculated of him to bring that same controller/cable setup to a torunament. Either way, it's nuts they let him be the reason for games restarting that often, upsetting the pros - and more importantly - the viewers.

EDIT: Maybe first time I get it, but honestly I think if someone's controller disconnects more than once and they somehow can't or won't use an alternate controller/cable, they should just deal with it, or have some way of the ref initiating a 'no move' situation like the flags they have in Formula 1, rather than having the dreadful momentum kill (both for the stream and the game) of a restart.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm pretty excited to see Clutch play. Didn't know he was going to be playing at this event and I've been a fan of his for a while. 

Yeah, hopefully he comes back for future events instead of just being a sub.

I believe it was snakebite's controller, but I've seen this exact same issue happen with CoD when they switched over to Xbox One. 

But I am 95% sure it is an issue with his micro usb cable. This exact same issue happened a few times when CoD switched over to the xbox one. 

My micro USB cable kept messing up for my controller but worked for other stuff so I had to start using the play and charge cable.

If his tweet is true and wireless controllers can cause these kinds of problems, wireless controllers need to be banned. But I doubt that was the problem, maybe that could be tested. It is just unfortunate for BtH. Let's hope it doesn't happen in the finals.

Edit: never mind, this post doesn't make much sense.

iG Player 49 has really been doing well this tournament. He hasn't been getting the most kills, but he's putting in solid assist work and keeping his deaths to a minimum in slayer games. It's really exciting to see a top team give a young, unknown name a chance at competing at the highest level and you can tell that he's really trying to make the most of it. I can't wait to see more of him throughout the tournament and see how his career plays out.

LMFAOOO

This Pistola/Naded convo is adorable.

That's why I was upset when the original EG lineup didn't happen. As great as it is to have Lunchbox back with Roy I think Naded on that squad would have just exploded in my pants.

If his tweet is true and wireless controllers can cause these kinds of problems, wireless controllers need to be banned. But I doubt that was the problem, maybe that could be tested. It is just unfortunate for BtH. Let's hope it doesn't happen in the finals.

All Xbox One controllers are wireless. They just become wired when you plug them in with a micro-USB cord. Aside from banning batteries or battery packs I don't see how you could completely get rid of the wireless aspect.

This Pistola/Naded convo is adorable.

This conversation highlights what I love about Halo. A lot of the pros are friends and so the conversations they have are just amazing. it creates such a great vibe. 

Like their dancing haha

• Upvote (+1) 2

All Xbox One controllers are wireless. They just become wired when you plug them in with a micro-USB cord. Aside from banning batteries or battery packs I don't see how you could completely get rid of the wireless aspect.

Oh my bad. I don't own an xbox one so I have no idea. Thought it was the same as 360.