CyReN

Iron Games Columbus Discussion

So? It's not like putting a basic function that has been around for 13 years would take a lot of time or resources. The XB1 is just a piece of shit.

i am just pointing out a trend in consoles.

its kinda like how a lot of laptops/computers dont add CD-Drives to their devices anymore.

I agree that LAN is very simple and consoles/games should support a functional LAN.

Actually 100% true but that's cool if you want to be wrong.

Xbox one shits the bed with every game when they try to LAN with it. Its just a bad console for LAN. Has hardly anything to do with 343. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What do you all think of touch returns on Warlock? This might have been discussed to death, but do you think it would be better that warlock has touch returns or if it had like 2-3 second returns like Onslaught? 

Xbox one shits the bed with every game when they try to LAN with it. Its just a bad console for LAN. Has hardly anything to do with 343. 

"LAN." I refuse to believe that it is in fact System Link since there is still the requirement to be connected to Xbox Live. Defeats the purpose regardless of what network the actual netcode is going through.

Also, people may call him -12gre but Tom does know how to win. CLG is my crew to win.

What do you all think of touch returns on Warlock? This might have been discussed to death, but do you think it would be better that warlock has touch returns or if it had like 2-3 second returns like Onslaught? 

2-3 seconds is better I think

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like the touch returns - the sandbox is slightly stronger than in H3, in no small part due to a hitscan BR that's actually accurate. I think with a return timer you'd see a lot cases of just getting the flag past the halfway point would all but guarantee scoring.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also, people may call him -12gre but Tom does know how to win. CLG is my crew to win.

Flamesword went stupid negative in BC KotH against Instinct in the grand finals of Columbus 2012 yet sQ still won.

People who put too much importance on stats tend to ignore everything the stats don't show.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like touch returns creates more epic moments. And the player that returns the flag is usually fucked which helps to balance it. I'm a fan of it personally. 

Can't wait for the Master Chief Collection to be finished and released so these game resets can stop happening.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Can someone explain to me what the problem was? Snakebite's controller malfunctioned? 

I have a feeling its because the controllers aren't traditionally wired. You have to use a micro usb cable to make a wireless controller wired. But there are often issues with these cables which can cause them to disconnect mid play.

I love how knowledgeable and camera confident Elamite is. Good interview.

I have a feeling its because the controllers aren't traditionally wired. You have to use a micro usb cable to make a wireless controller wired. But there are often issues with these cables which can cause them to disconnect mid play.

It does seem ridiculous... obviously, I take everything in the clusterfuck twitch chat with a large dose of :salt: , but someone in there was saying that the pro that has been having 'controller issues' which they blamed on the console apparently has these same problems at home on his stream all the time... so if that's true and the games keep getting restarted for some guy's faulty controller then that makes it even worse.

I love how knowledgeable and camera confident Elamite is. Good interview.

Seriously. I definitely want to see more of him in the HCS. Has he said anything about playing again? I really want to see him as a caster.