CyReN

Iron Games Columbus Discussion

Feeling the heat from you guys.

I'll just have to keep improving.

Thanks for watching!

Joe and I have told you numerous times, but you have to stop taking (some) feedback to heart like it's a personal attack. Yes, there will always be asses from Twitch chats to forum posts, but look at genuine feedback on how to improve your craft (with Halo at least). Don't brush off most as hate, people have legitimate complaints that a lot would agree with.

I agree. I care a lot about this community and I want to ensure I'm doing the best I can for you all.

So while I agree, I also have to concern myself with the feedback because I always look to improve for you guys.

You're doing great man, don't sweat it. Keep up the good work and they might even bump you up to the analyst desk one day.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I feel that @@GoldenboyFTW is the "smoothest" on camera and has a great casting personality. I would like to see more attention to strats and positioning though (WHY players are doing what they are doing instead of just mentioning WHAT they are doing all the time; this is where Walsh and Brav seem to have a bit more experience). As someone pretty bad at the series I find it fairly helpful.

On a side note, I just found out that Goldenboy has his own Twitch emote. This is outstanding.

• Upvote (+1) 3

All the casters and personalities are doing great this weekend - and yes that includes Lan Valen. He has surprised me very much this weekend. He seems much more comfortable on camera and is carrying himself very well. Overall all the casters and personalities have been great. No caster or personality is perfect - but everything on that front has really been great so far. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Trying to host a LAN tournament on a game that doesn't support LAN...

How fucking stupid do you have to be? This game is a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Someone on BtH with no hill time at all. Not necessarily a bad thing, but a bit funny all the same.

Wow these IG Player # tags are annoying. You dont know whos died

Or more importantly for the players, knowing who is where is important. This shit is busted.

Or more importantly for the players, knowing who is where is important. This shit is busted.

Unfortunately having them recover their gamer tags would increase the downtime so it's a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario.

I'm sure they could easily set their service tags to display what they typically do in-game.

I love how the teams can hear each other, much better than being in soundproof booths imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This isn't a big deal at all but I'm curious why they display everyone's name as their "OG pseudonym" but Snakebite in the overlay is "SnakebiteFPS"? 

most viewers?

Last night went over 10,000 viewers - today has been around 8,000 from what I've seen. 

Analyst desk was a great feature to add. Now with pros being interviewed its even better. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Question - Since the Xbox One is required to connect to the internet, does it create any sort of relevant host advantage? I'm pretty sure I heard the casters mentioning Naded's host earlier in the tournament.