CyReN

Iron Games Columbus Discussion

I think more maps would be appealing to potential new viewers as well. We all love to watch and play Halo and even we are feeling fatigued by the lack of variety.

Why do female gamers polarise the gaming community so much?

You have camp A, who want to trash them because they are female, and camp B, who want to white knight for them because they are female.

Join me over in camp C, where nobody gives a shit. lol vaginas lol

Or maybe we could just judge them by what they say and do, regardless of their gender...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The more maps the better. Halo needs more variety. Even if we use maps for one gametype only. I don't see a problem with it. Also requires players to learn and master more maps which increases the skill gap.

I would love to have 2 new forge maps each season, one a slayer and one an objective.

It doesn't increase the skill gap, it maintains it, since after playing the same map for a while, dominant strategies appear and stay.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

lmao I can't believe people want to have a map added that we've been playing for 6+ years. 3, Reach, and part of 4. So many better maps out there, where the meta hasn't been completely exhausted. Would rather have a BC remake if we're going for a remake. The pit remake he is promoting isn't even a good one too(no offense to whoever made it). Here's a vid:

The scaling is all wrong especially around plat/flag.

How have they not moved that pistol spawn????

They're keeping spawns the same for HCS and non-HCS variants.

They're keeping spawns the same for HCS and non-HCS variants.

That's fine and I understand the reasoning. But the pistol spawn still needs to be moved...

I really dislike The Pit too... but i'll play Pit TS, Flag, KOTH all day over Lockdown TS, KOTH or Warlord bomb.

A 4th map is really need for H2A. It's only going to be played for 11 more months, so i really don't care what the map is. Just give me something.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The amount of notes, I have been taking down for this tournament is unreal, so thanks for all the posts.

Here is hoping this all improves in February so I can run a smooth G4G for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

RC choked that warlock flag game. they had the flag between health and cap, and the guy near nerds didn't go over and pick it up and i think aeries jumped up and recovered it, and the guy near nerd side knew he was at nades but chose to hide at flag 

Why not speed boost.  :maven:

Kind of dumb down flag pulls IMO. Camo promotes team cohesion because whoever didn't get it needs to pin down where the person with camo is and not let them do too much damage, and the person with camo needs to do a good job of not being shot down and allow their team to push up.

Speed boost, just hide somewhere until the opponent team pushes up and get a flag pull from behind on them and it'll be halfway across the map before they can do anything about it. 

Frank needs to relax and just trust what hes saying. Lot of the twitch chat is just cancer with nothing valuable to contribute. Hes doing pretty good, but sounds just a bit uncomfortable. Just a little more experience and I think hell be a pretty solid commentator.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Beaver Creek and Midship. I honestly don't see them adding any other maps that weren't in Halo 2 Classic.

They keep making a big deal about how the HCS maps and regular maps use the same weapon layouts to try and bring the casual crowd into it. Imagine adding a map that was never in Halo 2 in there - it would confuse the shit out of them.

How funny. You and many others negged me for asking for midship and beaver creek.

Now look at you all.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How funny. You and many others negged me for asking for midship and beaver creek.

Now look at you all.

I changed my own personal opinion?

Shocker.

How? The water on Awash is just a solid floor. You can't get any lower than that without having bottom bases.

i wasn't paying attention, ignore

• Upvote (+1) 1

Scorched vs Cloud 9 on-stream after OpTic and RC are done.