Peak Viewers for MCC Invitational?

Peak Viewers at Invitational  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Peak Viewers at Invitational

• 25k-30k
    • 30-35k
    • 35k-40k
    • 40k+

MLG Dallas H4 Invitational peeked around 40k and 343 was involved slightly. If Microsoft is doing this for Halo, it's safe to assume 40k+ peak, and you must consider this is during launch. Most ppl will just watch to see the game and what it looks like if they haven't already. I'm more concerned about sustain/growth from event to event. It numbers are low and attendance is bad it may b difficult to expect it to continue. 

That is wishful thinking. We can reach that, just not yet. It is rare to triple in viewers in 2 months.

This event is much bigger, a lot of people didn't even know about PAX, and all the technical difficulties etc. With it being on the xbox website and being advertised a lot, I would consider it an epic epic failure if there isnt at least 50k.

This event is much bigger, a lot of people didn't even know about PAX, and all the technical difficulties etc. With it being on the xbox website and being advertised a lot, I would consider it an epic epic failure if there isnt at least 50k.

Hope you are right.

I could see 50K for the finals / H5 Gameplay portion of it. If its the 343i pros playing Halo 5 vs the winning team on the Invitational squad, that would be amazing.

I'd say a conservative estimate would be 35,000.

Realistic is probably closer to 40,000.

What I would hope for (again, realistically) is around 65-75,000.

Keep in mind that pax lost half of the fucking people between each match or even each game because they had to wait fucking forever. 

With a stable game, viewer retention should increase. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I believe that it will be over 40k, but anything over 50k is fantastic. Not sure if that will happen with a first tournament. A pre-launch build tournament (PAX) had 27 k though, so there's really no reason to suspect under 30k. The teams were half amateur too. This is all pros playing and/or well known faces in Halo. Plus, Halo 5 will be displayed. A lot of incentive to watch is in this tournament for any Halo fan.

My friend said if this event gets 30k+ viewers, he's buying an Xbox One. And he didn't want to buy one.

Tell your friend to start ordering one then. The Pax event peaked at 27k. I will cut off my toes if this event doesn't hit 30k+.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I dont think this tournament will establish if we are back. But if somehow, some way we were to get 70k, we are most definitely back. No questions asked.

The viewer #' that matters is the ones that we see a month after launch.

That will be the indicator as to whether or not #WeBack

I 100% agree which is why the HCS is so important. I want to see continued growth throughout season 1.

I can't wait!

• Upvote (+1) 4

I 100% agree which is why the HCS is so important. I want to see continued growth throughout season 1.

I can't wait!

Im right there with you bro, however the H2A push may be the achilles heel to growth.  we shall find out.

I think the late time might actually hurt the viewer numbers. Stream doesn't even start until 8 PM PST? I don't think that's anywhere near peak viewing times. Seems way too late. I don't know if they are trying to cater to Europe folks or what? Maybe trying to avoid competing against Blizzcon since that ends at around 7 PM PST?

I was hoping for way more matches to watch  :mellow:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/halo/halofest

EDIT:

I guess I spoke too soon. Goldenboy finally posted when it starts. You would think the start time would be advertised more...

https://twitter.com/GoldenboyFTW/status/530922927705694208

I think the late time might actually hurt the viewer numbers. Stream doesn't even start until 8 PM PST? I don't think that's anywhere near peak viewing times. Seems way too late. I don't know if they are trying to cater to Europe folks or what? Maybe trying to avoid competing against Blizzcon since that ends at around 7 PM PST?

I was hoping for way more matches to watch  :mellow:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/halo/halofest

That is a different event. Tourney starts at 2pm PST Saturday. Yes, Tomorrow. 

For people saying 100k+...Can I have some of whatever you are on? I think we could get to 50k possibly but if we double THAT.... I'll tattoo #WeBack on me left ass cheek...

Depends on Bj6-lU2IcAAKIe1.jpg

With Formal actually being on Optic, and Flame living at the optic house I don't see why not NadeShot and the crew tweet the stream all weekend long. 

38-42K would be my prediction.