CyReN

Halo Championship Series Announced

Was debating on making a thread for this, but will just put a smaller version here

Everyone compares Halo to Smash for the wrong reasons. Here's a potential similarity between them: 

Back in 2013, Smash was on the verge of dying. Tournament numbers were at an all time low. Melee wasn't even planned to be at Evo. Yet, that year Evo was still missing one game to fill the time slot, so Evo decided to host a charity donation drive to fill it. Pretty much the last chance to save Smash. Instead of arguing which game was going to be at Evo, the entire community decided to get behind Melee. 64/PM/Brawl players all heavily supported Melee in the donation drive. Even players that heavily disliked Melee, still donated and showed their support. Never would have made it to Evo without their support. Melee probably would have been dead by now. Nintendo would have never acknowledged competitive Smash. Competitive Smash only got to where it is now because everyone went above and beyond to support it. 

Competitive Halo will never reach it's full potential if the community decides to keep sectioning itself off. It doesn't matter if you like what the current flagship title is for competitive Halo or not, just support competitive Halo. I'm not even telling you to play H2A. I'm saying support the scene in general. You want LCS style events for Halo? Then it's going to take the ENTIRE community to even have a chance at it. 343 is doing an incredible thing and has given the community an amazing opportunity with this, now we just need to do what we can.

Stop thinking about what's best for you and start thinking what's best for competitive Halo.

Orson-welles-clapping.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

Was debating on making a thread for this, but will just put a smaller version here

Everyone compares Halo to Smash for the wrong reasons. Here's a potential similarity between them:

Back in 2013, Smash was on the verge of dying. Tournament numbers were at an all time low. Melee wasn't even planned to be at Evo. Yet, that year Evo was still missing one game to fill the time slot, so Evo decided to host a charity donation drive to fill it. Pretty much the last chance to save Smash. Instead of arguing which game was going to be at Evo, the entire community decided to get behind Melee. 64/PM/Brawl players all heavily supported Melee in the donation drive. Even players that heavily disliked Melee, still donated and showed their support. Never would have made it to Evo without their support. Melee probably would have been dead by now. Nintendo would have never acknowledged competitive Smash. Competitive Smash only got to where it is now because everyone went above and beyond to support it.

Competitive Halo will never reach it's full potential if the community decides to keep sectioning itself off. It doesn't matter if you like what the current flagship title is for competitive Halo or not, just support competitive Halo. I'm not even telling you to play H2A. I'm saying support the scene in general. You want LCS style events for Halo? Then it's going to take the ENTIRE community to even have a chance at it. 343 is doing an incredible thing and has given the community an amazing opportunity with this, now we just need to do what we can.

Stop thinking about what's best for you and start thinking what's best for competitive Halo.

I think the fighting game community mastered the art of swallowing their pride and just play the current game as long as its not complete trash.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

What I play is irrelevant.

All games should be supported, that way everyone can play what they enjoy the most. It will yield the best shot at success since you'll actually enjoy an get excited about it, about tournaments an talk about it. Being genuinely excited and happy about it will get outsiders to tune in.

If that turned out to be H2a, thats great but let it happen on its own, let the community, the player base decide that, not force it.

Them supporting what we chose would also show a brighter future for the development of future Halos.

343 have not stated once that the other games in the collection will not be supported. Halo 2 is most likely, considering throwback tourneys are popping up basically everywhere.

Do you see Valve hosting several tournaments for different CS games? Nope, so why is 343 getting the sharp end of the stick?

This is the brightest thing Halo has seen for the past 4 years. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo is Halo, it doesn't matter if its CE or H4, the best players will rise to the occasion and win HCS.

F6D18190-1A08-45BA-80DE-A8A21F7A6AF0_zps

I think a ton of people on this forum would beg to differ. Each Halo is it's own different animal. Of course the best will win, because... well, they're the best. But it certainly does matter what Halo you're playing hah.

All that being said though, WARRIORS!!!!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I think a ton of people on this forum would beg to differ. Each Halo is it's own different animal. Of course the best will win, because... well, they're the best. But it certainly does matter what Halo you're playing hah.

I laughed a bit too hard at that gif.

Little bit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo is Halo, it doesn't matter if its CE or H4, the best players will rise to the occasion and win HCS. 

Doesn't matter if it's CE, H2, H3 or H2A....but it does matter if it's H4

but YAY TO THIS AWESOME ANNOUNCEMENT

• Upvote (+1) 1

What I am saying is that if there was a million dollar tourney in 2 months on any halo already released the best team will win no matter which halo it is.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What I am saying is that if there was a million dollar tourney in 2 months on any halo already released the best team will win no matter which halo it is.

That we can agree on

• Upvote (+1) 1

I appreciate the fact that someone like you exists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nonsense.

Halo 4 aims for you :kappa:

In all seriousness though, not all the top players will play if it were Halo 4 (because let's face it, Halo 4 wouldn't get a $1mil event), so no, "the best Halo players" won't necessarily rise to the top. More like, "the best players that don't mind playing a garbage game will rise to the top", and it does currently matter which game it is... to a point.

Thats actually why I'm in support of all games being played/supported.

because let's face it, Halo 4 wouldn't get a $1mil event

I dunno man... Halo 4 DID get the Global Championship. That's like the halfway mark.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL I have been saying this forever. Most pros don't even care which Halo they play. They just want to compete. Good Luck getting these pompous idiots to listen like most the top 17-32 players who couldn't place pro cuz they suck. 

Sorry Beyond staff, truth stings. Will not point fingers though. 

Thats actually why I'm in support of all games being played/supported.

You're delusional if you believe that.

I swear, no matter the news, people cry bloody murder.

It takes more than perfection to satisfy an abandoned peoples. - Andy the Great, 2014

• Upvote (+1) 4

343 have not stated once that the other games in the collection will not be supported. Halo 2 is most likely, considering throwback tourneys are popping up basically everywhere.

Do you see Valve hosting several tournaments for different CS games? Nope, so why is 343 getting the sharp end of the stick?

This is the brightest thing Halo has seen for the past 4 years. 

Stop using CS as an example. Valve developed CS:GO for competition and rely on the professional community for their constant feedback. They don't host tournaments for other counter strikes because they already forced CS:S on the community and it destroyed the scene.

I dunno man... Halo 4 DID get the Global Championship. That's like the halfway mark.

Yeah, that was a while ago, and MCC wasn't on the horizon. H2A may get a $1mil event, but Halo 4 would have to struggle to have a five-dollar event at this point...

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL I have been saying this forever. Most pros don't even care which Halo they play. They just want to compete. Good Luck getting these pompous idiots to listen like most the top 17-32 players who couldn't place pro cuz they suck. 

Sorry Beyond staff, truth stings. Will not point fingers though. 

tbh, they probably do care because if it was CE pretty much every player you know wouldn't be anywhere near the top.

What's worse ... 

A) the comments complaining about what game they chose

B.) the comments complaining about the complaining comments 

C) The GIFs of saltiness, butt hurt, etc 

There will always be a divide in any community, regardless of how awesome the announcement. Just look how far this community has come, we got an Esports playlist for Halo, with every single halo on the same disc. 

BE HAPPY! 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Stop using CS as an example. Valve developed CS:GO for competition and rely on the professional community for their constant feedback. They don't host tournaments for other counter strikes because they already forced CS:S on the community and it destroyed the scene.

Yeah, please don't tell me what I can or can't say, thanks.

Also, CS:S was the Halo Reach/4 of the CS games... considering you played at the top level apparently, you should know that