CyReN

Halo Championship Series Announced

This has to be one of the dumbest things I've seen on here. 

You should probably reread this http://teambeyond.net/halo-championship-series-announced/ and this https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-championship-series-overview

with emphasis on this 

Cool, they're throwing money at the game and yelling real loud for us to notice it. Now will they actually make the game good, or will people be stuck playing Halo 3: Hitscan for a year before it's dropped for Halo 5?

Mark my words.

343i will curate Forge/DLC maps for HCS. Chances are that these are going to be new and interesting maps that H2C won't have. They may not even be boring Midship redundancies over and over. Competitive Halo needs to move beyond Midship clones.

That would be wonderful if we got maps that weren't Pit/Lockout/Narrows, but I don't have enough faith in the competitive Halo community to believe we will get anything different.

H2A is going to be more flexible than H2C. If something is even flawed in deep settings that, 343i with Megalo can fix that. I refute the concept that H2A is 'H4ish', but I can tell you that they did build upon the robust ENGINE of H4 to be even more powerful. 

One of the reasons H2A is having so much dev support and will be THE game, is because it CAN have superb dev support. 343i just can't do with H2C what they can do with H2A, the engine doesn't allow it. If they tried to make the engine allow it for H2C, H2C would not be...well...H2C. It wouldn't be the H2 everyone remembered. Isn't that the worse of two 'evils'?

So honestly. Do you want to forsake how flexible H2A can be with its multiplayer to cater to what the community wants, just for something like button combos? 

I'm more worried about 343 actually caring enough to fix things. The game is only going to be around for a year. Anything could happen after Reach's TU, but may I remind you that these devs kept spread on the BR post-patch?

Of course, yeah, I admit that it's up to 343i to use H2A's capabilities to its fullest, and we're kinda fucked if they don't if they need to. But with all this that they're doing? We shouldn't have a lot of reason to believe they'll neglect something in H2A settings that needs attention. This really isn't 2012 era 343i we're talking about anymore.

I'll believe that 343 has changed when I've seen it. With what has happened to Halo, I see no reason to have blind optimism anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Definitely got bodied

The fact that its H2A or no support whatsoever shows what sort of #devsupport you guys actually have. Lets reiterate that, its what they want to push and not them supporting what the community wants. Its their way or the highway.

Glad to see this community still continues to get bent over an takes it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 9

The fact that its H2A or no support whatsoever shows what sort of #devsupport you guys actually have. Lets reiterate that, its what they want to push and not them supporting what the community wants. Its their way or the highway.

Glad to see this community still continues to get bent over an takes it.

What game do you play then? 

Has the smash scene ever dipped as badly as Halo has? Serious question, I don't follow that. Also if they did dip, did they start back up by running tournaments for 64, melee, project m, and brawl all at once?

Yes and partially. 64, melee, and brawl were featured at plenty of events, though 64 started getting national treatment in 2011. Project m wasn't available until 2011, but it wasn't until 2012 that it started receiving national exposure.

HERE WE GO HERE WE GO HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOO HERE WE GO HERE WE GO HERE WE GOOOOOOO HEREWEGOHEREWEGOHEREWEGO HERE WE GOO HERE WE GOOOOOO #WEBACK #WEBACK

spam much? nah just N*****WEMADEIT

Slow kills, easy aiming, and every weapon but 3 being worthless is a pretty big issue.

BR

Carbine

Sniper

Rockets

Shotgun

Sword

AR

Plasma Pistol

Sentinel Beam

These all seen plenty viable to me. Am I missing any?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Cool, they're throwing money at the game and yelling real loud for us to notice it. Now will they actually make the game good, or will people be stuck playing Halo 3: Hitscan for a year before it's dropped for Halo 5?

Ahhhhhh so you're one of those, "THIS GAME SUCKS EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T PLAYED IT YET AND GIVEN IT A CHANCE" kids. Gotcha. They're throwing money AND support into it. Just because its not for your favorite 10+ year old Halo game doesn't make it lazy. /EndOfDiscussion

• Upvote (+1) 4

And I'm assuming most (if not all) of the big matches will be broadcast on The Halo Channel? Nice!!! It's all coming together boys.

:weback:

• Upvote (+1) 3

This really isn't what i have been hoping for, but i also wasn't planning for H2C to be the main game. As much as i wanted it to be the game, i knew it was highly unlikely. Especially since 343 said that H2A was getting its own esports playlist last week...

It may not be what we wanted, but hey, its still a platform to compete in. And on what looks to be a game that's not horrible like H4 or Reach.

Im excited, and my team is already making plans to get together during month 1 and learning the game. We just have to show some faith. This is more support then out community hasn't seen in a very long time. You all know someone out there will host tournaments for the classic halos. So Just get behind what 343 is doing, show support, and stop acting like spoiled brats.

Yup, it's all about building viewership at this point. People are just letting blind nostalgia get in the way, I mean I personally would have loved to see H2C and hell even get Halo 3 some love, but whatever brings in the most people. And besides, I can scrim those games anyway, I don't need to sit and watch pros play

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yup, it's all about building viewership at this point. People are just letting blind nostalgia get in the way, I mean I personally would have loved to see H2C and hell even Halo 3 some love, but whatever brings in the most people. And besides, I can scrim those games anyway, I don't need to sit and watch pros play

Fucking exactly. God damn why is this so hard for people to understand? lol I guess they're stuck in the past and not looking into the future.

• Upvote (+1) 2

BR

Carbine

Sniper

Rockets

Shotgun

Sword

AR

Plasma Pistol

Sentinel Beam

These all seen plenty viable to me. Am I missing any?

yn0rhTq.jpg

YES YOU ARE.

• Upvote (+1) 9

It makes perfect sense to use H2A. From a viewers standpoint it will get more people to watch since it's the "new" game with the shiny gfx while at the same time it will hopefully get people over wanting sprint in H5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seems like some people are a bit salty with the situation. If 343 wants to support Halo 2 Anniversary, let them do it.

We can't really complain about it, because it's been like that for years. We always have the latest Halo game in the scene. But now, H2A is capable of being better than Halo 4 and Halo 3. If they want to support their game, let them do it. Why would you be mad about it? Jesus.

If even cT, someone who would kill and die for defending Halo: CE, sat down calmly and clapped for the dev support, why wouldn't you? He even accepted the idea of Devs not supporting HCE 2v2s. What;s your problem? Because your favourite Halo is not in mind? Because you think 343i is Hitler and wants to push a 'supposedly shittier version of Halo 4'? Right... right.

Also, Halo 2A being Halo 4. Holy shit. I mean, seriously? I didn't know! I thought AAs, Ordnances, Flinch, Sprint, Huge-Ugly Maps, Personal Louadouts were gone from H2A, clearly I'm a moron who can't see shit and didn't notice that H2A is the same as Halo 4, wow, I feel dumb now. /Sarcasm/ Come on guys, H2A isn't H4, let it be <3 H2A is another Halo game, period.

Apologize if this post seems out of place, but I'm getting tired of the unnecessary negative comments towards good news such as this one.  <_<

• Upvote (+1) 8

What game do you play then? 

What I play is irrelevant.

All games should be supported, that way everyone can play what they enjoy the most. It will yield the best shot at success since you'll actually enjoy an get excited about it, about tournaments an talk about it. Being genuinely excited and happy about it will get outsiders to tune in.

If that turned out to be H2a, thats great but let it happen on its own, let the community, the player base decide that, not force it.

Them supporting what we chose would also show a brighter future for the development of future Halos.