CyReN

Halo Championship Series Announced

I'm surprised nobody has talked about the point system yet.  With the amount of turnover that teams see, do you think they will have a system where the points are actually given to each individual player on a team, and you just aggregate the total points for the players on a team before each particular tournament?

Why do "purists" have to derail the mood?

Scott back down man you have nothing else after that, lol.

HALO [insert #] FOR LIFEEEEE BROOOOOOOO

I dont get it H2A does NOT have enough competative maps, acension is awful. 3 playable maps will get pretty boring, I wish they would push h2c:(

• Downvote (-1) 8

Have you not watched CS? Basically the same 3-4 maps in rotation. 400K viewers. 

LOL. I've played CS 1.6 and Source at the highest level possible. The last major put on by Valve and ESL had a map rotation of 7 maps. The strategy in Halo in minimal in comparison, allowing you to have a larger map pool without much consequence when it comes to performance from some of the best teams.

I am sure there will be tournaments for other Halo games, probably alongside the H2A ones. The thing is, they can't run multiple Halo games in this series for obvious reasons. Did you think they would go with any other game than the newest one that they are responsible for?

Great thing is, H2A looks better than any Halo since 3 (arguably better than 3).

UGC is holding an H2 classic tournament in January btw.  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wow I ran out of down votes for today. God people are so fucking salty for no reason. The game isn't even fucking out yet. God damn. How sad some of you people here pisses me off. There is room for change and hopefully the community and the pros can work with 343 to create the best competitive game types, maps, tournament structure so everyone is happy. Oh people cry me a river that H2C isn't for the League. I can easily see other smaller tournament organizers making their own H2C league and you guys will have your fun too. 343 put a lot of effort into making H2A like someone said before why would they host H2C for the League when they invested so much time into H2A? 

Sure, they're putting in a lot of effort into HCS. Yes, it's cool. But at the end of the day, we're still playing H2A. It's like having a multi-million dollar production so people can play Go Fish on the mainstage. They're half-assing it, and I don't understand why H2A needs to be the default eSports game when it's just going to get dropped next year for Halo 5.

"Easy aiming"

Oh jesus christ here comes the pointless skill gap argument I can already taste it

I guess we shouldn't care about competitive merit in the supposed flagship title for the competitive Halo scene.

So they're a company that wants to make $$$...wow yea how evil of them. /s

It's not evil so much as it's just lazy. 343 wants to have a large eSports presence, but wants to put in none of the effort into actually making a playable game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

I dont get it H2A does NOT have enough competative maps, acension is awful. 3 playable maps will get pretty boring, I wish they would push h2c:(

Warlock, Lockout, (Improved) Acension, Sanctuary and an improved robust forge. That will be enough for now. We will probably get DLC as well. I really don't think maps will be a problem in this game especially not like they were in Reach and 4.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Has the smash scene ever dipped as badly as Halo has? Serious question, I don't follow that. Also if they did dip, did they start back up by running tournaments for 64, melee, project m, and brawl all at once?

Smash dipped pretty bad before Apex and the documentary. Smash also has the ability to run multiple games at events. Would be a nightmare to have to organize a tournament with 2-4 games at one event where every match can take up to an hour. The event would take forever if anyone competed in more than one game.

I don't agree, we don't really have evidence showing that. The smash scene shows the inverse in fact since they run tournaments for 64, melee, project m, and brawl.

This is cool news, could be cooler with the resources we have.

Smash never had the opportunity for dev support. Never underestimate how important dev support is.

I guess we shouldn't care about competitive merit in the supposed flagship title for the competitive Halo scene.

And I guess you need to realise that the sole purpose of H2A is to attract new viewers and players to the scene, not to create the most competitive game possible. LOL.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I understand why they want to push H2A, because it is most likely the most similar to H5 guardians, thus creating a more smooth transition into H5 Esports, but I wish they could do a league with other games. Oh well, it's still great news for the scene and as long as they add a couple of maps it could be great! 

And I guess you need to realise that the sole purpose of H2A is to attract new viewers and players to the scene, not to create the most competitive game possible. LOL.

I realize this, and it brings me back to my laziness point. 343 wants all the glory of having an eSports league, but they just don't want to put in the effort to make a game that is actually good in a competitive setting.

We've already seen this with the H4GC.

• Downvote (-1) 1

i'm a h2c player to the bone, i'm hardcore into h2c 

i played ten minutes of halo 3 and quit cause i knew it would be bad

with that said, i'm fine with h2a being the game for the league

a lot of us have been waiting over a decade for this announcement to be made

also this pretty much confirms spectator mode for h5

• Upvote (+1) 7

It's not evil so much as it's just lazy. 343 wants to have a large eSports presence, but wants to put in none of the effort into actually making a playable game.

This has to be one of the dumbest things I've seen on here. 

You should probably reread this http://teambeyond.net/halo-championship-series-announced/ and this https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-championship-series-overview

with emphasis on this 

- In addition to awarding official HCS points, 343 Industries and Twitch look forward to working with and supporting tournament organizers in a variety of ways to ensure the best experience possible for players and fans alike. This includes, but is not limited to financial support, tech support, promotional support, talent and production support, and more.

You people really find a way to complain about everything.

Seriously this. Some people here are never happy. If its not exactly what they want then its dumb and shouldn't be done. 

Didn't halo 3 have like 4 on disc mlg maps? Then Heretic and foundry. I'm probably wrong idk. H2A has enough maps, plus all the forge. 

I realize this, and it brings me back to my laziness point. 343 wants all the glory of having an eSports league, but they just don't want to put in the effort to make a game that is actually good in a competitive setting.

We've already seen this with the H4GC.

Halo 4 was just a bad game, it did neither bring people in or make a "comp" game.

They want to build an audience first. Why would they want to make a "comp" game whatever that means, when nobody trusts them after Halo 4? They want to play it safe, and you need to realise that they are probably more focused on H5, so yes you could say that is lazy, but neither of us are game designers so I guess that's quite an arrogant thing to spit out