CyReN

Halo Championship Series Announced

This sounds very similar to the WCS Blizzard runs for Starcraft.  And I'm all for that.  The hype is real.

or LCS Riot runs? 

It's the future brah.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I would argue that everyone that likes an MCC game other than h2a is being alienated. Most of the package is excluded with this move.

The games still exist and other companies will probably hold tournaments for them. But if 343i did this for say Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 2A, it would definitely split up the pro's and not give the best possible tournament scene. Besides, this is after a huge Halo drought; gotta build the scene back up first.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is incredible news for halo and I can't wait to watch it all. I do wish it was halo 2 classic because I personally have no interest in playing h2a but my personal experience aside, I'm very excited

Honest question... Did you actually think that after all the money and effort put into Halo 2: Anniversary that they wouldn't use that as the headliner for a new tournament showcase?

Why would they use the up-res'd games made by Bungie... It makes more sense for them to use H2A which is primarily built by them from the engine, maps, etc.

maybe bc there is competition for every game? Also their own damn esports playlist says nothing about h2a? Also no one said that h2a cant be the headliner while including the others

The games still exist and other companies will probably hold tournaments for them. But if 343i did this for say Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 2A, it would definitely split up the pro's and not give the best possible tournament scene.

I don't agree, we don't really have evidence showing that. The smash scene shows the inverse in fact since they run tournaments for 64, melee, project m, and brawl.

This is cool news, could be cooler with the resources we have.