CyReN

Halo Championship Series Announced

Woah woah woah are you implying that this is better than Chipotle?    :kappa:  

They're tied :p. I live in Colorado, Horror. I was raised on that stuff. #HaloandChipotleforlife.

Can we get a partnership going with that?

Damn. Hopefully the tournaments are spread out around the U.S. not just west coast. Also, Hi Mikwen  :halo: /

From what I've gathered there will be sanctioned tournaments run by other leagues meaning that MLG could potentially run HCS events if they so choose. I use MLG as an example because it means there will definitely be tournaments spread out in different areas.

Also, let's not make this a negative thing. In terms of Competitive Halo news MCC and the HCS are probably the biggest things to happen pretty much ever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is sounding to be much better than MLG. Hope they got some plans for lans in the Washington State area like at Game Clucks, would be so awesome!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Tell me what's so "Halo 4" about it

Kill times

Strafing mechanics

Movement speed

Teamwork/skill ratio

It really would be much better if 343 was pushing the entire MCC and not just h2a.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

no point in saying optimistic when previous gameplay has already confirmed it plays nothing like halo 4.

gameplay looks closer to halo then 4, reach and 3.

Totally, I don't disagree at all. I just dived back into everything like a week ago so I haven't seen anyone's first hand impressions of H2A. It looks much different to my eyes.

The giant text permanently on the screen like "DEFEND" or "CAPTURE," the weapon and grenade indicators on things that are on the ground, hit markers, making jumps easier or even unessesary shortcuts.

We also have descope, no sprint, no custom loadouts, actually good maps at launch for a solid map rotation with an improved forge, and more developer support now compared to what we had at Halo 4's launch, but who cares about that, right?

• Upvote (+1) 6

Kill times

Strafing mechanics

Movement speed

Teamwork/skill ratio

It really would be much better if 343 was pushing the entire MCC and not just h2a.

Then people would argue that it would split up the community. Can't have it both ways. 

But we have descope, no sprint, no custom loadouts, actually good maps at launch for a solid map rotation with an improved forge, and more developer support now compared to what we had at Halo 4's launch

Yeah, I'm not saying that the gameplay itself is bad or anything it's more of the needless cosmetic things that were added pointlessly.

All of those things you mentioned are in actual H2 but without the silly things that I mentioned that are in H2A. I'm almost positive that if you asked the actual pro players who will be competing in this which they'd prefer they'd choose H2 Classic.

Way to take the post and make it negative.

i didnt make it negative. Its stated in the post. I skimmed it and i was like omfg a "league for all the halos." This is unreal. Then i reread it and died a little inside
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

i didnt make it negative. Its stated in the post. I skimmed it and i was like omfg a "league for all the halos." This is unreal. Then i reread it and died a little inside

Honest question... Did you actually think that after all the money and effort put into Halo 2: Anniversary that they wouldn't use that as the headliner for a new tournament showcase?

Why would they use the up-res'd games made by Bungie... It makes more sense for them to use H2A which is primarily built by them from the engine, maps, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Then people would argue that it would split up the community. Can't have it both ways.

I would argue that everyone that likes an MCC game other than h2a is being alienated. Most of the package is excluded with this move.

Honest question... Did you actually think that after all the money and effort put into Halo 2: Anniversary that they wouldn't use that as the headliner for a new tournament showcase?

Why would they use the up-res'd games made by Bungie... It makes more sense for them to use H2A which is primarily built by them from the engine, maps, etc.

Why wear a replica Rolex when you have a real one? Why drive a replica Ferrari if you have an authentic one? Why play the spiritual successor to H2 when you have REAL, ACTUAL H2 right there in the collection?
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2