CyReN

Halo Championship Series Announced

I really hope that the LANs are worth more than online events. This might be a little OT, but even though dedicated servers are a major improvement, I think they're a bit overrated in this community. Still incredibly happy to have them though.

Great news. Hopefully Halo 5 is playable and fun to watch so they can actually maximise the potential of this brilliant idea.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will cod pros be able to tweet out twitch halo streams when said cod pros are with MLG?

Yes, they can even stream on Twitch still, even if they've signed a contract with MLG.tv. Or at least that used to be the case--I know I saw Formal stream on both for a bit. It's just none of them do for MLG is so much more money (surprisingly).

But your overall premise is right--we'll be less unified. That's okay though, this is way better (so I hope).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Great news!!!

I am curious as to their plans for tournament maps. I don't think we can rely on just the ones out of the box and forged maps. I really hope 343i announces plans for DLC since they seem to be really supporting this collection. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I dont want to practice h2a tho.

Same here.

I really don't have much interest in H2A. Looks too H4-ified.

This is great news and all, but it would've been perfect if it was H2 Classic. :(

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 17

Woooooooot The King is back

Same here.

This is great news and all, but it would've been perfect if it was H2 Classic. :(

Tell me what's so "Halo 4" about it

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-championship-series-overview

Another post, some of the info is repeated but it also says

- Several established tournament organizers are already on board, and will be announcing their events shortly. In the coming weeks, additional tournament organizers will be able to apply to become an official HCS sanctioned partner.

- In addition to awarding official HCS points, 343 Industries and Twitch look forward to working with and supporting tournament organizers in a variety of ways to ensure the best experience possible for players and fans alike. This includes, but is not limited to financial support, tech support, promotional support, talent and production support, and more.

I called this when the Halo Global Championship was announced. When do I receive my Coachmayne status?

I positive repped you, it's a start #weback

For the love of Halo. Please have an event on the east coast!!!! Like I want to go to an event even if it is to spectate >:C!

ESL just built their studio in LA so I'm assuming all of this stuff will be building up to a finals taking place in LA or Seattle.

• Upvote (+1) 8

It runs on the same engine so people naturally see it as looking like a H4 ripoff. Game mechanics look different though, so I'm pretty optimistic its going to play a LOT different.

So this pretty much makes it official MLG won't be picking up Halo. Which is a good and bad thing. Good thing because we no longer have to rely on MLG and we can use twitch which is more popular than MLG's streaming.

Bad thing is that it could separate the halo and cod community right when they were starting to come together. Will cod pros be able to tweet out twitch halo streams when said cod pros are with MLG?

Not necessarily.  The linked Polygon article goes into more information than Waypoints.  To quote:

"Dubbed the Halo Championship Series, it will see 343i partner with Twitch, the ESL and other entities to form an advisory body to tournament organizers in a quest to add structure, tension and momentum to the shooter's mulitplayer community moving forward."

The article goes on to discuss that more information on these "sanctioned tournaments" will be released after MCC is out.  It also has the following:

"Chou acknowledges that tournaments will retain their own styles, as organizations like ESL have a specific presentation aesthetic. "Tournaments have their own styles but they also have their own communities, and I don't want to take that away from them."

So in my eyes they have only announced ESL as a tournament organizer.  All tournament organizes will have to use the HCS settings and streaming via Twitch.  HCS would provide any technical/monetary help with the tournament organizers, but each tournament organizer will run the tournament in their own style.  I think this opens up the board for many tournament organizers to participate and hold smaller events.

Same here.

ResidentSleeper Yes.... another year of Halo 2 that is so hy- ResidnetSleeper. Am I the only one who has grown tired of Halo 2? Yes it's amazing in all but we have seen it  time and time again.  

The giant text permanently on the screen like "DEFEND" or "CAPTURE," the weapon and grenade indicators on things that are on the ground, hit markers, making jumps easier or even unessesary shortcuts.
  • Downvote (-1) 8

I've been saying it needed to happen for years and I knew it had to be coming soon.

We back!

• Upvote (+1) 1

It runs on the same engine so people naturally see it as looking like a H4 ripoff. Game mechanics look different though, so I'm pretty optimistic its going to play a LOT different.

no point in saying optimistic when previous gameplay has already confirmed it plays nothing like halo 4. 

gameplay looks closer to halo then 4, reach and 3.

ESL just built their studio in LA so I'm assuming all of this stuff will be building up to a finals taking place in LA or Seattle.

Damn. Hopefully the tournaments are spread out around the U.S. not just west coast. Also, hi Mikwen  :halo: /