CyReN

Halo Championship Series Announced

Damn. Everyone is on the bash Gandhi bandwagon now for a stupid tweet he made. This is why twitter is bad. 140 characters is never enough for context, So I'll just paste what I did in OT in his defense. 

He did get "destroyed" by Quinn. The funny thing is, I've been watching a few of his streams for the past couple of months, and he said H2A would definitely be the game used for tournaments outside of a few throwback events. He mentioned how Halo players can't rely on forge and change the settings for future titles because it will alienate part of the potential audience. He said 343i does have to innovate and the community has to embrace the game.... But I think this particular tweet was just him finally resigned to the fact that he won't be able to compete at a high level for one last season. Its not an elitest "H2A sucks" tweet but a "H2C was my last chance" at competing again tweet. I think he appreciates what 343i is doing for the Halo scene. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

But the real question is, will HCS give us chairs?

Yeah..that'll make or break the Halo scene. :P

"I'm honestly glad Quinn put Gandhi in his place. Since the MCC has been announced, all I have seen is people complain about this thing and that thing left and right and it's been awful. And I'm not talking about giving suggestions to improve the game or fix what is broken/not correct in the game - I'm talking about what game is better and why, which is better for competitive, and so on and so on."

1st. quit riding 343i D getting all your hope up ala h4  

2nd Screw quinn del hoyo

3rd ranuer 2016
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 26

"I'm honestly glad Quinn put Gandhi in his place. Since the MCC has been announced, all I have seen is people complain about this thing and that thing left and right and it's been awful. And I'm not talking about giving suggestions to improve the game or fix what is broken/not correct in the game - I'm talking about what game is better and why, which is better for competitive, and so on and so on."

2nd Screw quinn del hoyo

3rd ranuer 2016

Shit i +rep you on accident.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Damn. Everyone is on the bash Gandhi bandwagon now for a stupid tweet he made. This is why twitter is bad. 140 characters is never enough for context, So I'll just paste what I did in OT in his defense. 

He did get "destroyed" by Quinn. The funny thing is, I've been watching a few of his streams for the past couple of months, and he said H2A would definitely be the game used for tournaments outside of a few throwback events. He mentioned how Halo players can't rely on forge and change the settings for future titles because it will alienate part of the potential audience. He said 343i does have to innovate and the community has to embrace the game.... But I think this particular tweet was just him finally resigned to the fact that he won't be able to compete at a high level for one last season. Its not an elitest "H2A sucks" tweet but a "H2C was my last chance" at competing again tweet. I think he appreciates what 343i is doing for the Halo scene. 

Exactly, if you dont think H2 pros would rather have H2 than a lesser version of their game you are crazy. I bet Ogre 2/Naded/Legit,ect.. were secretly wishing for H2 to take over again as well. Its only natural being top-tier players in that game, and now being told you have to play the noob-version of that game that there will be a little resentment. Any other competitive community would react the same way or worse if you told them UT 99' or some other "legendary" comp title was being remade, but the devs were also including a noobier version of UT 99' without all the movement depth and glitches that they want to push on the pro scene. 

Dont get me wrong I am ECSTATIC for HCS and H2A is a solid game as I said, but TBH H2A does feel a little forced on the community.  

Any other competitive community would react the same way or worse if you told them UT 99' or some other "legendary" comp title was being remade, but the devs were also including a noobier version of UT 99' without all the movement depth and glitches that they want to push on the pro scene. 

But the "noobier version" IS the remake.  The original H2 they are adding on is simply a bonus, period.  You're acting like 343 originally came out and announced that they were releasing Bungie's original Halo 2 untouched with a "bonus" updated version of it that they did...thats not what happened.  The opposite happened, thus there is literally nothing to react negatively to here.  To expect 343 to fund a competitive scene for a 10 year old game that Bungie made is absurd, when they have their own version that they invested resources and money into to develop.

But the "noobier version" IS the remake.  The original H2 they are adding on is simply a bonus, period.  You're acting like 343 originally came out and announced that they were releasing Bungie's original Halo 2 untouched with a "bonus" updated version of it that they did...thats not what happened.  The opposite happened, thus there is literally nothing to react negatively to here.  To expect 343 to fund a competitive scene for a 10 year old game that Bungie made is absurd, when they have their own version that they invested resources and money into to develop.

So the original version is the bonus and not the "noob version" on a different engine? You see what I am saying that was the problem from the beginning. I understand they needed to sell copies and they want to test out their new engine, but I think they should of involved the community more in this decision. I would better accept H2A being legitimately chosen over H2 for the sake of "growing" the scene, but I am not so sure H2A would of been better than H2C as a tournament game. I know a TON of people and pros who were coming back specifically to play H2C in tournaments again, its just a shame that people will be playing H2A in tournaments and then going home and playing H2/HCE.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So the original version is the bonus and not the "noob version" on a different engine?

Of course it is.  H2C is just a ported version of the original game that runs on the Xbox One.  H2A had resources pumped into it to literally recreate the game.

Which one do you think a video game company wants to "promote"?

Of course it is.  H2C is just a ported version of the original game that runs on the Xbox One.  H2A had resources pumped into it to literally recreate the game.

Which one do you think a video game company wants to "promote"?

H2C is updated to run at 1080p/60 FPS that is not just a port of the original game IMO. I absolutely understand the reasoning for 343 pushing H2A, it still feels forced on the community though when there are proven tournament titles available. I guess I would of waited to see which game the community flocked to, and let it develop more organically than trying to force an unproven game to be an e-sport.

What I am saying is that if there was a million dollar tourney in 2 months on any halo already released the best team will win no matter which halo it is.

really, the best team will win? Wow. Never thought about it like that.

Kappa

H2C is updated to run at 1080p/60 FPS that is not just a port of the original game IMO. I absolutely understand the reasoning for 343 pushing H2A, it still feels forced on the community though when there are proven tournament titles available. I guess I would of seen which game the community flocked to and let it develop more organically than trying to force an unproven game to be an e-sport.

In a year we'll be playing Halo 5 and all our problems will be solved

:kappa:

2nd Screw quinn del hoyo 3rd ranuer 2016

Hold this L.

There is no point in complaining too much about this. Even with as much as I wished and prayed that H2C would be the featured competitive title, everyone should have always known that they were going to use the "new" shiny H2A for tournaments. Even though H2A is not near as good as H2C or Halo 1 its still the 3rd best halo game that will be featured competitively. With all that aside, they really do need to come out with a map pack for H2A if they want to hold tournaments for only H2A for a whole year. We need at least 1 more good competitive map like Midship or even Beaver Creek, I don't think forge maps should be used at all. The most ironic thing about all of this is that one of the biggest points they made was that "every halo map ever made will be available on the MCC." While that is true, they are going to be featuring the title that only has 3 competitive 4v4 maps.

There is no point in complaining too much about this. Even with as much as I wished and prayed that H2C would be the featured competitive title, everyone should have always known that they were going to use the "new" shiny H2A for tournaments. Even though H2A is not near as good as H2C or Halo 1 its still the 3rd best halo game that will be featured competitively. With all that aside, they really do need to come out with a map pack for H2A if they want to hold tournaments for only H2A for a whole year. We need at least 1 more good competitive map like Midship or even Beaver Creek, I don't think forge maps should be used at all.

Why no forge maps?

Why no forge maps?

For me personally it's because they've never performed as well as developer maps. For 343, I just feel that since they are basically going to be showcasing this game on such a high level they would want to show off the maps that they themselves have made and also not to alienate the casual fans that would most likely have no idea what the map is that people are playing on.

As a side note, I still believe it is a terrible mistake for them to have passed on remaking midship for H2A knowing that they were going to be using H2A for tournaments. Midship is arguably the best competitive 4v4 map Halo has ever seen just due to how many game types it facilitates well, along with the potential for FFA's.