CyReN

Halo Championship Series Announced

I think you missed the point. No one forces you.

It matters a lot more than you might realize whether it's their game or not. What's the point of promoting and spending cash on the competitive scene for a game you didn't make? Do you see Riot Games supporting CoD Championships?

Either way, it's as simple as whoever puts the cash on the table has the last word. It doesn't really matter whether you've been around since Bungie made Marathon, Halo CE, or Halo 4. At the end of the day, your contribution to their game studio is the same as whoever else purchases their game. 343 came in with H4, fucked up and now are correcting the shot on MANY levels. The fact that you'll have access to CE online, with Matchmaking and a ranking system is the proof of that.

But I don't know, I guess I'm sorry you feel FORCED to spend time on a game you don't like (and haven't tried either I'd assume) to have a chance at winning some cash out of it.

343 didn't make h2a tho, certain affinity did.

to be frank, 343 put more effort into ce multiplayer than any other multiplayer on this disc.

also 343 owns all the halos. people who work there worked on halos before halo4.

and really the statement "343 shouldn't hold tournaments for a game they didnt make it" is one of the dumbest things i've heard and it directly conflicts with what 343 said in the article on polygon

• Upvote (+1) 2

UGC - H2C

Iron Gaming - H2C

HSC  - H2A

Take your pick guys....no one is forcing you, you have a choice

• Upvote (+1) 8

I swear some of you kids will never be happy. 343 isn't going to run a tournament with games they didn't make. It was always going to be H2A. It's not Halo 4 so let's just play the fucking game. Or just kill Halo with all the bitching. Whatever works for ya.

So damn hyped for this.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

UGC - H2C

Iron Gaming - H2C

HSC  - H2A

From recent tweets, it seems like UGC are gonna announce soon that they're switching to H2A to align with HCS. IG will probably follow suit to try get that dev support.

• Upvote (+1) 1

From recent tweets, it seems like UGC are gonna announce soon that they're switching to H2A to align with HCS. IG will probably follow suit to try get that dev support.

yup.....and the politics have started..

yup.....and the politics have started..

I really hope they refrain from switching for this event. People have purchased team passes and flight/hotels on the understanding that they were playing H2C. It would suck for people who wanted to go for H2C only which I know there are a bunch out there who fall under this.

• Upvote (+1) 2

never know, might have both games :P

With the Xb1 LAN issues, I don't see them running two games for the same people. Not enough time in a weekend to pull that off.

With the Xb1 LAN issues, I don't see them running two games for the same people. Not enough time in a weekend to pull that off.

yeah jst being overly optimistic.

but i doubt they'll change that one event into H2A. As u said most people already purchased their team passes and stuff...

I really hope they refrain from switching for this event. People have purchased team passes and flight/hotels on the understanding that they were playing H2C. It would suck for people who wanted to go for H2C only which I know there a bunch out there who fall under this.

yea...this just sounds like drama ready to blow over if they go through with it...

yeah jst being overly optimistic.

but i doubt they'll change that one event into H2A. As u said most people already purchased their team passes and stuff...

Well, they tweeted "News soon" to sudd when he asked if they were switching to H2A. I highly doubt they'd make an announcement to say "We're staying with H2C" or they probably would have just said outright from the start, "We'll be sticking with H2C due to the fact we advertised it as a H2C event all along."

343 didn't make h2a tho, certain affinity did.

to be frank, 343 put more effort into ce multiplayer than any other multiplayer on this disc.

also 343 owns all the halos. people who work there worked on halos before halo4.

and really the statement "343 shouldn't hold tournaments for a game they didnt make it" is one of the dumbest things i've heard and it directly conflicts with what 343 said in the article on polygon

If you watched the documentary, you know very well that the two first sentences are not true. Sure the maps might have been CA's work, but that's so little about how the game behaves. H4 on H2 maps would still be horrible.

No one said that 343 shouldn't hold tournaments for a game they didn't make, nor did anyone say they don't own the other games. It's literally just that they want to promote the game they spent time on, and is the fruit of their past few years of work on Halo. We all know that the way H2A behaves is closer to H4 because it is on almost the same engine, optimized for next gen. Just some mechanics have been tweaked A LOT to make it feel like H2. At the end of the day, both H4 and H2A are the result of their work.

It's not about how they shouldn't hold tournaments for a game they didn't make. It's just that they want to promote the one they made, and since they're the one cashing out, the best thing to do is to respect that decision. Bitching to them will do no good whatsoever. It's set in stone at this point when it comes to HCS, and all it can lead to is 343 being pissed at the community for being so ungrateful, and at some point, just pulling the plug on the whole thing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

UGC - H2C

Iron Gaming - H2C

HSC  - H2A

They will all switch to H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think you missed the point. No one forces you.

It matters a lot more than you might realize whether it's their game or not. What's the point of promoting and spending cash on the competitive scene for a game you didn't make? Do you see Riot Games supporting CoD Championships?

Either way, it's as simple as whoever puts the cash on the table has the last word. It doesn't really matter whether you've been around since Bungie made Marathon, Halo CE, or Halo 4. At the end of the day, your contribution to their game studio is the same as whoever else purchases their game. 343 came in with H4, fucked up and now are correcting the shot on MANY levels. The fact that you'll have access to CE online, with Matchmaking and a ranking system is the proof of that.

But I don't know, I guess I'm sorry you feel FORCED to spend time on a game you don't like (and haven't tried either I'd assume) to have a chance at winning some cash out of it. 

That's kind of what I mean. It sucks that things have become so corporate nowI was hoping after 343 announced MCC things would get better but we are back to H4 tactics of having the noobier option pushed on us. It would have been nice to maybe have a poll on whether the community would want H2A/C for a tournament. Bumper Jump in Halo1/2 is lame as well. I don't see your point in this case about Riot and CoD because they are both Halo games, it would help Halo in general no matter what and be cool for the old school and community in general to have a mainstream H2C event.

I played H2A at PAX, it wasn't terrible or anything. It just felt like Halo 4 DLC. All I'm saying is, it sucks having the less competitive and fun version of H2 as the only option.

They will all switch to H2A.

Will they be "allowed" to run another game along side H2A if they join HSC? or is it strictly H2A only?

Will they be "allowed" to run another game along side H2A if they join HSC? or is it strictly H2A only?

They can run anything on the side that they want.  As long as they are running H2A and follow the guidelines in place they are seen as a participant. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Crazy how many people are eating this up despite the elephant in the Halo room. It's surprising coming from Beyond and with all the old school players here. Why the fuck are they making it H2A and not classic? No glitches, worse maps, *grenade indicators...what were they thinking?

Gandhi just said something about this earlier on Twitter about the HCS being H2A only and got a passive aggressive response from Quinn. Then Ninja chimes in and asks why we are complaining in the first place, like we should be happy to have any events at all. I don't agree with 343's status quo and what they deem to be acceptable content pushing and fan treatment. The event should be classic, and we definitely need more than one or two H2C playlists at launch.

I'll direct you to the first page of this topic. http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/7437-halo-championship-series-announced/

Read up son.

That's kind of what I mean. It sucks that things have become so corporate nowI was hoping after 343 announced MCC things would get better but we are back to H4 tactics of having the noobier option pushed on us. It would have been nice to maybe have a poll on whether the community would want H2A/C for a tournament. Bumper Jump in Halo1/2 is lame as well. I don't see your point in this case about Riot and CoD because they are both Halo games, it would help Halo in general no matter what and be cool for the old school and community in general to have a mainstream H2C event.

I played H2A at PAX, it wasn't terrible or anything. It just felt like Halo 4 DLC. All I'm saying is, it sucks having the less competitive and fun version of H2 as the only option.

I don't think 343 said they would never throw tournaments for the other games. So far, they've just said that the HCS will revolve around H2A and H5. I'm sure there will be other throwback kind of events, and sure, it's more than OK to ask for things in a respectful manner. Coming off as passive aggressive to them and making it sound like there is some sort of blame to take though, nah (not accusing people of that, I just know VERY well how the Halo community is).

As for everything else I'm not saying I particularly disagree. I do also hate the fact that it sucks how things have become so corporate. It would be cool if we could just stick to running games online, grind for a 50 and then establish dominance via leaderboards or by facing other players at that level. It sucks that money matters and gets shit done in life, because trust me I'd much rather sit on my ass and play Halo as much as I want non-stop.

But things have indeed become corporate and money desired everywhere. Making it deserving of respect.