CyReN

Halo Championship Series Announced

Halo is Halo, it doesn't matter if its CE or H4, the best players will rise to the occasion and win HCS. 

to-win-the-game-of-football-you-have-to-

The best Halo CE team has a solid shot at Halo 4. The best Halo 4 team has a small chance to get over 10 kills in a match of CE.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Said it before and I'll say it again, the thing I'm looking forward to is all the all of the prominent CE players (I consider them pros if theyre this regarded in the community) stack up against the current crop of Halo players and vice versa.

It's gonna be legen wait for it.............

Dary

I honestly haven't been this excited in forever. All the years of people saying halo is dead (including myself) but we waited and waited and waited. WE ARE FUCKING BACK AND IVE NEVER BEEN MORE EXCITED. 

How hilarious is it that it Microsoft has to remake Halo CE in order to sell the XB1.  This just goes to show that of all the game developers out there and all the talent out there, the talent possessed by the original creators of Halo CE far outweighs any one currently making games.  Those who worked on the MCC project are a close 2nd in talent.  Take a look at a "next gen" game like Destiny.  Game has more complaints from the community than any game that I've ever seen.

Come Nov 11th, the current Halo 4 / Reach kids will get owned in CE for the next 2 years until they can understand the basics of the game.

• Downvote (-1) 4

Lol I was honestly like 8 when CE first released ( I still played it since release day thanks to my brother, though) so I didn't really follow anything competitive besides 8 hours a day (no exaggeration) of split screen 2v2s and FFAs lol. I got really into being competitive with my brothers in CE, but online, I started following the tournaments a little after H2 released so I have no clue about the best CE players. :( I do remember the brothers being top-notch in Halo 2 2v2s though lol

Listen to this video at 1 hour 11 minutes into it.

What's great about this vid is that it proves just how great the halo series is. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You've got it backwards.

The smash community voted for melee at evo, not brawl. They have mastered the art of saying "fuck the new game, let's stick with the more competitive one."

People did vote for Brawl. But when the charity movement and "spirit bomb" stuff happened, which rallied a lot of support for Melee, the entire community decided to vote for Melee because that had the best chance to make the line-up. Of course, a lot of ppl wanted Melee and solely Melee there, but many others, like myself, voted for Melee because Smash is Smash and it didn't matter which one was on the roster as long as it was one of them.

And if you've seen the reaction to Smash 4, people have embraced a new game. But it's hard to move on from a legendary game that's back on the rise again, I'm sure a lot of ppl around here can understand that.

Anyway, whether its H2A or H2C or CE or whatever, I'm excited. H2A looks awesome though, should be awesome competition.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Crazy how many people are eating this up despite the elephant in the Halo room. It's surprising coming from Beyond and with all the old school players here. Why the fuck are they making it H2A and not classic? No glitches, worse maps, *grenade indicators...what were they thinking?

Gandhi just said something about this earlier on Twitter about the HCS being H2A only and got a passive aggressive response from Quinn. Then Ninja chimes in and asks why we are complaining in the first place, like we should be happy to have any events at all. I don't agree with 343's status quo and what they deem to be acceptable content pushing and fan treatment. The event should be classic, and we definitely need more than one or two H2C playlists at launch.

• Downvote (-1) 3

i'm a h2c player to the bone, i'm hardcore into h2c 

i played ten minutes of halo 3 and quit cause i knew it would be bad

with that said, i'm fine with h2a being the game for the league

a lot of us have been waiting over a decade for this announcement to be made

also this pretty much confirms spectator mode for h5

Exactly, obviously Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 players might all prefer their game to be "the game" for HCS, but it really only makes sense for 343 to focus on one game and pushing H2A benefits them the most. There will still be HCE and H2C tournaments on a smaller scale, but its painful to admit that those games time in the "lime-light" passed long ago but they will always be played competitively by those who love them. Halo CE or Halo 2 tournaments simply will not grow the scene on a large scale and introduce the game to new people, most people have moved on from those games already, and frankly some probably wouldn't want to commit the time to be able to compete competently in them.

343 making this incredible effort to create and help run a Halo league is something that will truly bring Halo back, and allow older pros like Ogre 2 and T2 to keep on competing and making a living playing Halo. I fully expect that EVERY pro new and old that still wants to compete in Halo will be coming back for this and making new teams, that alone makes me so excited for HCS .

There is a much bigger picture here than individual game biases. The HCS will be the home to competitive Halo for years to come and we need everyone to support it. You cant tell me the last PAX H2A tournament wasn't entertaining, the game is spectator friendly and a solid competitive title considering the circumstances. Lets just hope Halo 5 is that much better to where Halo becomes the "Hot" game in competitive console shooters again.

• Upvote (+1) 4

We get CE pros should get a Mt Rushmore carved into a 1M dollar prize pool and if you havent been playing for the last 10 years you can't qualify

• Upvote (+1) 3

There is a much bigger picture here than individual game biases, The HCS will be the home to competitive Halo for years to come and we need everyone to support it. 

This is rather important.

• Upvote (+1) 5

And if you've seen the reaction to Smash 4, people have embraced a new game.

Right, they aren't hating it, but they've also accepted that it won't be good enough to change the status quo and will continue with melee as the flagship game.

There's nothing stopping other communities like Beyond or leagues like UGC(as far as we know their H2C tournament is still H2C) from using games outside of H2A. It jut won't be a part of the HCS

Right, they aren't hating it, but they've also accepted that it won't be good enough to change the status quo and will continue with melee as the flagship game.

If you talk to the Melee community, maybe. But that isn't a general consensus across the entire Smash community. 

Well... Halo is rated M.

And don't events like this fall under gambling or some other legal problem which makes some states excluded for online events? Pretty sure that was a big thing for either H4GC or the Infinity Challenge

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you talk to the Melee community, maybe. But that isn't a general consensus across the entire Smash community.

I'm telling ya, smash 4 will definitely not have as large of a tournament scene as melee.

It's as simple as this. H2A is their game. H2C is not.

The prize pools you'll see at HCS also happens to be their cash. 

You need to realize that you have NO right to complain about being given a chance at winning money, let alone when we're talking about video games. If you want to host tournaments for H2C, no one will stop you, and I'm sure you'll get tons of support for it. But the cash won't come out of thin air. Someone, somewhere, has to pay for it, and if you can do it, awesome, tons of people will help make it work. If not, you'll have to find someone who can... and it's either you accept their part of the deal, or stay out of it. Because you sure as heck have the choice to.

Same thing here. You take it, or NOTHING. Take a pick. Don't argue, just pick. 

Don't forget the position we were in two years ago. Be humble and be grateful.

Of course, this is not directed at you in particular, so don't take offense to it. But there's always a limit to senseless bullshit. It's one thing to complain about a product you paid for (a game that turns out bad), but you don't fucking go and complain to people who offer you money to dominate on video games. 

I don't think it matters if it's their game or not, It's Halo 2's anniversary. After Halo 4, it's high time they started catering to the real fans, the hardcore players that have been around since CE. I know where we were two years ago and I'm not complaining about the opportunity to win money from playing a video game. I do however, as a person and original Halo player, have a right to complain about what game I'm being forced to play. 

...and I have been humble and grateful towards 343 since they took the helm. Unfortunately they were terrible about handling Halo 4 post launch and BS Angel personally treated me like garbage during the Infinity Challenge.

And don't events like this fall under gambling or some other legal problem which makes some states excluded for online events? Pretty sure that was a big thing for either H4GC or the Infinity Challenge

Not familiar with US or state laws but I believe it to be accurate. I know the province I lived in back in Canada didn't let me participate in a bunch of online events and contests because of it.

have a right to complain about what game I'm being forced to play. 

You are not being forced to play anything. Go and host a halo CE 2v2 LAN

I don't think it matters if it's their game or not, It's Halo 2's anniversary. After Halo 4, it's high time they started catering to the real fans, the hardcore players that have been around since CE.

You are better than no one if you want go host a 2v2 10k halo 1 LAN. Get off your CE high horse please.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You are not being forced to play anything. Go and host a halo CE 2v2 LAN

You are better than no one if you want go host a 2v2 10k halo 1 LAN. Get off your CE high horse please.

Yes, I'm aware I'm not really being forced to play a game. The better, cooler, less douchey option for the community was H2C but they are going the corporation route and going with H2A.

• Downvote (-1) 3

game I'm being forced to play.

I think you missed the point. No one forces you.

It matters a lot more than you might realize whether it's their game or not. What's the point of promoting and spending cash on the competitive scene for a game you didn't make? Do you see Riot Games supporting CoD Championships?

Either way, it's as simple as whoever puts the cash on the table has the last word. It doesn't really matter whether you've been around since Bungie made Marathon, Halo CE, or Halo 4. At the end of the day, your contribution to their game studio is the same as whoever else purchases their game. 343 came in with H4, fucked up and now are correcting the shot on MANY levels. The fact that you'll have access to CE online, with Matchmaking and a ranking system is the proof of that.

But I don't know, I guess I'm sorry you feel FORCED to spend time on a game you don't like (and haven't tried either I'd assume) to have a chance at winning some cash out of it. 

• Upvote (+1) 5