CyReN

Halo Championship Series Announced

Wow if you were true friends with him you would know he admitted to not being that good at Haylo2

That is because he is a humble and honorable professional Halo player. It's like you have no respectful bones in your body. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

You've got it backwards.

The smash community voted for melee at evo, not brawl. They have mastered the art of saying "fuck the new game, let's stick with the more competitive one."

The fighting game community also ran hundreds and hundreds of their own events for well over a decade before the idea of developer support existed.  Halo apparently can't run without a governing league to do everything for us, based on our complete collapse after H4.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I honestly haven't been this excited in forever. All the years of people saying halo is dead (including myself) but we waited and waited and waited. WE ARE FUCKING BACK AND IVE NEVER BEEN MORE EXCITED. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't know how to quote but the guy who said that all h2 and h3 pros were ce vets is literally just making things up and talking out of their ass I lanned h2 with pros all the time and a lot of them had no idea how to play quit making things up dummy

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was actually playing Destiny almost non-stop while waiting for MCC. I mean like for the month or two that it's been out. Now that we are fInally this close to its release and with this eSports announcement, there is nothing I care about besides expressing my excitement for this. I have no words to show how happy I am for this! I mean, for those who didn't give up completely (I almost did!), good job staying strong. We have a future again!

I was actually playing Destiny almost non-stop while waiting for MCC. I mean like for the month or two that it's been out. Now that we are fInally this close to its release and with this eSports announcement, there is nothing I care about besides expressing my excitement for this. I have no words to show how happy I am for this! I mean, for those who didn't give up completely (I almost did!), good job staying strong. We have a future again!

Destiny is just a filler. I have 3 characters at level 29 and have beaten the raid on hard multiple times. Game is a joke compared to what MCC will be.

Anyways...is this Halo Championship series going to feature Halo CE mostly 2v2 MLG settings as it should?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Destiny is just a filler. I have 3 characters at level 29 and have beaten the raid on hard multiple times. Game is a joke compared to what MCC will be.

Anyways...is this Halo Championship series going to feature Halo CE mostly 2v2 MLG settings as it should?

Currently they only said it starts with H2A and will end up being H5.

Currently they only said it starts with H2A and will end up being H5.

Probably was afraid of Ogres dominating the event on individual screens with OG 1 playing overseas as they've never dropped a game of 2v2 at MLG ever....lol

Brawl was a mess, wasn't it? I don't know much about that scene, but apparently the only viable character was Meta Knight.

1character being viable isn't why brawl was bad. it was bad for the same core reasons halo reach/4 was bad

1character being viable isn't why brawl was bad. it was bad for the same core reasons halo reach/4 was bad

I mean it is a pretty good reason, game would get stale. But like I said, I don't know much about the SSB scene apart from the complete 180 they have went through, and what appears to be happening to us as well

Probably was afraid of Ogres dominating the event on individual screens with OG 1 playing overseas as they've never dropped a game of 2v2 at MLG ever....lol

Lol I was honestly like 8 when CE first released ( I still played it since release day thanks to my brother, though) so I didn't really follow anything competitive besides 8 hours a day (no exaggeration) of split screen 2v2s and FFAs lol. I got really into being competitive with my brothers in CE, but online, I started following the tournaments a little after H2 released so I have no clue about the best CE players. :( I do remember the brothers being top-notch in Halo 2 2v2s though lol

Brawl was a mess, wasn't it? I don't know much about that scene, but apparently the only viable character was Meta Knight.

Brawl wasn't bad, it just rewarded defensive play over offensive play. Also wasn't the most spectator friendly game. MK was one of the only characters with decent offensive options. None off the Smash games (with Smash 4 being the exception because it's new) are even close to balanced.

Book's great, movie blows

like them both. Mostly cuz 6th grade nostalgia. And I saw it at an advanced screening. So it was around the time we were reading the book and I could fart in the other kids faces and tell them how much cooler I was......then I got laid.

• Upvote (+1) 1

like them both. Mostly cuz 6th grade nostalgia. And I saw it at an advanced screening. So it was around the time we were reading the book and I could fart in the other kids faces and tell them how much cooler I was......then I got laid.

Movie felt all Disneyfied and fake to me. But yea, nostagia will get ya every time lol

Also mastered the art of "even though the pot of our largest event ever that isn't MLG 2014 is about the same as an AGL event, we still have large tournaments". Never underestimate dev support.

This is incredible news....wow. We have our own league again with possibly the best support this community has ever seen. Amazing. Can't wait to compete in those online leagues. Like someone else mentioned, it's unfortunate that it's only h2a, but I can understand why 343 chose that game. Hopefully other leagues don't drop their plans for classic halo games and we can let every game (minus halo 4) flourish.

What I am saying is that if there was a million dollar tourney in 2 months on any halo already released the best team will win no matter which halo it is.

If there was a million dollar CE tournament in 2 months none of you current pros would come close to earning any money.....none of you...the only ppl that would get a check would be all those guys on the CE tier list(which includes ogre 2) if they attended the event. Don't for a second think that this current crop of professional halo players make up the "best of the best" players out there, there is a whole other world of competitive players that would embarrass yall and it took them years to become what they are, not months because of how easy mode the game can be. This isn't the halo you've come to know and love. You can't learn enough about CE in 2 months to win events.
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I firmly believe that if H2A didn't use the same aesthetics as Halo 4, most of the criticism wouldn't exists.

How much I wish it used the graphics from the remastered H2 campaign.

But I also understand the limitations it would lead to if the same exact engine was used. No Forge, way less gametypes, and 343 probably wouldn't care to run tournaments for a game that's not really theirs. Halo 4 is theirs, and with that logic, so is H2A. So it makes them more comfortable to build a community around it via HSC.

• Upvote (+1) 2