CyReN

Halo Championship Series Announced

tbh, they probably do care because if it was CE pretty much every player you know wouldn't be anywhere near the top.

Uhhh pretty much every pro besides the Reach kids have been CE vets.

• Downvote (-1) 3

I guess some people left their brains at the door. 

How was it ever going to be anything but H2A? I guess all the pre-release tournaments weren't enough writing on the wall, but H2A has been the primary focus of just about everything. It only make sense that they feature the game that 'they' remade. 

It just doesn't make sense to support a classic version of a game that's 10 years old. No matter how good it is. Most of the people that watch and support gaming streams weren't even out of Elementary school when Halo 2 come out, some weren't even in school or born yet. And, that's the crowd 343 needs to attract for Halo, they already have all of us die hard's, we aren't going anywhere, it's all about attracting a new audience, and expanding. If not, Halo will die, and we will stuck playing crap like COD, Titanfall, and Destiny(sorry I can't get past ADS) they just suck. 

For the first time, I can honestly say, it seems like 343 know's what their doing with MCC, anyway. It's supporting the pro players and competitive community, where's the talk of Grifball pro's like that Forbes article someone posted. There sure as hell ain't a Grifball playlist on launch. I will say this, Halo 5 is going to suck, and we're going to be stuck, again. So, my hopes are up, for a year anyway. And, the best part about MCC, if and when Halo 5 sucks, and we can't watch competitive Halo, at least we will have some good Halo to play for the lifespan of the One. 

I like watching Halo, but if given the choice, I would much rather play it myself, than watch other's play it, no matter how skilled or entertaining the personalities are. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ahhhhhh so you're one of those, "THIS GAME SUCKS EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T PLAYED IT YET AND GIVEN IT A CHANCE" kids. Gotcha

In all fairness, we know enough about the game at this point to pass judgement on it.

Yeah, please don't tell me what I can or can't say, thanks.

Also, CS:S was the Halo Reach/4 of the CS games... considering you played at the top level apparently, you should know that

Clearly you can't comprehend what I've said to you. You're trying to defend 343 by using Valve as an example when they did the same thing 343 is trying to do and failed by pushing a title onto the competitive scene. No one ever forced you to play reach or 4, those were the only options. 1.6 was forced out for a far worse game because of internal motives from Valve, and that plan backfired.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Uhhh pretty much every pro besides the Reach kids have been CE vets.

Considering I've been around since then, I can with 100% certainty that you are wrong.

I skimmed, Gandhi is sad that the official game of this new competitive thing is H2A? Heaven forbid some dude tweets an opinion, burn him!  Ryanoob is literally just stating the most obvious stuff in the world,  Spartan0567 or whatever is just complaining about complainers, like always.  (seriously is that all you do?)

Okay, so nothing good here.  Someone tell me what time this thing kicks off and where I can watch it, pleeeeease.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Clearly you can't comprehend what I've said to you. You're trying to defend 343 by using Valve as an example when they did the same thing 343 is trying to do and failed by pushing a title onto the competitive scene. No one ever forced you to play reach or 4, those were the only options. 1.6 was forced out for a far worse game because of internal motives from Valve, and that plan backfired.

You really think H2A will fail? ...

Halo is Halo, it doesn't matter if its CE or H4, the best players will rise to the occasion and win HCS.

Nobody cares about which people will be the best. That has nothing to do with the discontent here.

I skimmed, Gandhi is sad that the official game of this new competitive thing is H2A? Heaven forbid some dude tweets an opinion, burn him!  Ryanoob is literally just stating the most obvious stuff in the world,  Spartan0567 or whatever is just complaining about complainers, like always.  (seriously is that all you do?)

Okay, so nothing good here.  Someone tell me what time this thing kicks off and where I can watch it, pleeeeease.

this made me laugh

We get it Halo CE goat everything else sucks omg how can they run events for this and not CE omg CE CE CE if you don't support CE your not about the community the community is CE only takes skill 3 shot pistol omg

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

In other news, it's good to see Hewy outside of the Football (Soccer) thread. I don't get outside of that thread much anymore. 

Uhhh pretty much every pro besides the Reach kids have been CE

I'd say 90% of the 'halo pros' that I've heard of or met over the years weren't h1 guys, and they usually suuuuck at h1.  Not saying they couldn't be good, they just aren't.

Can we steer the conversation away from complaints for a little while...

Do you guys think any of the teams from the invitational will stick together? I'm sure some of them won't stick together, but I think Optic and STK will probably stay together, not sure about the rest. I'm also curious to see what Formal will do.

I think the fighting game community mastered the art of swallowing their pride and just play the current game as long as its not complete trash.

You've got it backwards.

The smash community voted for melee at evo, not brawl. They have mastered the art of saying "fuck the new game, let's stick with the more competitive one."

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo is Halo, it doesn't matter if its CE or H4, the best players will rise to the occasion and win HCS. 

Sorry but that is not necessarily the case, MOST of the best players  didnt played H4 at all because it was bad. Not saying by any means that H2A will be bad but if the best players  dont want to play the game, well....

That being said, my hype for this is over 9000.

You've got it backwards.

The smash community voted for melee at evo, not brawl. They have mastered the art of saying "fuck the new game, let's stick with the more competitive one."

Brawl was a mess, wasn't it? I don't know much about that scene, but apparently the only viable character was Meta Knight.

@@HEWY is back!

Anything that 343i was going to run was going to be H2A. They could run some smaller events with the other games, but their main focus, even now, is going to be H5: guardians. H2A is the run up to that. 

It will be on the smaller event organizers to run H2C, H1, H3, or H4. I felt like that was a given. 

I have no problem with whatever game they choose. The community should support whichever 343i decides to run for this year. But if you are insinuating that the same players would win regardless of the game, you are insane. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wow @@amo819 are you really friends with the real NICK JOHNSON?!?!

Yeah, did you know he is now a H:CE pro because he was pretty good at H2 and H3?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, did you know he is now a H:CE pro because he was pretty good at H2 and H3?

Wow if you were true friends with him you would know he admitted to not being that good at Haylo2

Brawl was a mess, wasn't it? I don't know much about that scene, but apparently the only viable character was Meta Knight.

Meta knight and ice climbers are the best.

Olimar and diddy are also upper tier, followed by snake, falco, and marth.

But yeah, not many viable characters.

• Upvote (+1) 1