Sign in to follow this  
Halo3Kid

Jailbreak (Forge MCC Map)

I am planning on making a Map in Forge it will be based on the gamemode of Jailbreak from Garrys Mod and Counter-Strike Source. Here are the Rules: The Red Team is The Prisoners and must obey the Blue Team who are the guards of the game in the beginning of the game the guards elect a Warden to give orders to the prisoners on which game to play, often these games will result in death for the losing prisoners, these games will be able to be played either with the wardens orders or they can go into the game room to use an object to play a game or for a quicker game play foursqaure in the foursqaure room,At any point in the game the prisoners may choose to rebel by either attacking the guards on sneaking into the armory to get guns to attack the guards later on. the last team standing wins

My Early Map plan:

1Kx3LiJ.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Love Jailbreak, global proximity voice would be a huge plus for ease of use though.

Either way it'll be fun as fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Love Jailbreak, global proximity voice would be a huge plus ease of use though.

Either way it'll be fun as fuck.

Thanks I was considering giving prisoners a melee weapon only while the guards start with ARs to circumvent the halo restrictions of must having a weapon

• Upvote (+1) 1

I played this game once... For all of 60 seconds. I couldn't understand the incentives to being a prisoner. That lead me to wonder what the incentives to being a guard or warden would be as well. Any insights?

That's cool how you put the armory and the game room on opposite sides of the map, so it will take longer to get between them.

Will there be a way for the prisoners to escape?

I like the stairs that lead to the armory, that should serve as a more interesting choke point than a simple doorway.

From my perspective people are attracted to the roles that the game puts them in.

Becoming a guard puts people in a position of power, and threatens real risk of looking very unskilled if they lose.

and becoming an inmate is an exciting challenge to outwit the guards, they are incredibly weak but that makes the prospect of winning even more exhilarating.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember one reach game of a prison where the falcons had a cylindrical zone straight down that would cause the prisoner's invisibility to stop. With a dark ambiance it looked like a helicopter with a search light to find the escaping prisoners. That was fun because the prisoners had to escape undetected. Iirc if they were shot they became guards?

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's cool how you put the armory and the game room on opposite sides of the map, so it will take longer to get between them.

Will there be a way for the prisoners to escape?

I like the stairs that lead to the armory, that should serve as a more interesting choke point than a simple doorway.

From my perspective people are attracted to the roles that the game puts them in.

Becoming a guard puts people in a position of power, and threatens real risk of looking very unskilled if they lose.

and becoming an inmate is an exciting challenge to outwit the guards, they are incredibly weak but that makes the prospect of winning even more exhilarating.

Still thinking of parts of the map, I was thinking of having an escape cell on one of the cells

I played this game once... For all of 60 seconds. I couldn't understand the incentives to being a prisoner. That lead me to wonder what the incentives to being a guard or warden would be as well. Any insights?

As a Prisoner It gives you a decision of when to strike at the most opportune time when it comes to rebelling, as a guard/warden it is figuring out how to control the prisoners with an iron fist

Ya it was a hill zone that caused player traits to turn off and for prisoners it was invisibility. The zone was white and a dark purple ambience was added so it looked like a spot light. When it exposed a prisoner it really looked like a spot light exposing the prisoner in the night. The falcon pilot would scan the terrain while the other guards with dmrs watched to see who it might expose. That had to be the most innovative use of zones I had ever seen.

• Upvote (+1) 1